Console Gaming Vs. Pc Gaming

Aada

Part of the furniture
i pld the first arse creed game on ps3, enjoyed it but never got round to playing the sequels. and recently started p,laying arse creed 2 which i got during the steam sales. my pc specs aint bad i7 920, 16gb ddr3 tri chan mem gtx 580s sli intel ssd. should play the game no probs right? nope with everything maxed it looks bad, frame rate is shit at times and the kb/mouse controls are bad.

kinda wished i got it on ps3 or 360

Arse Creed, i lol'd

Yaka

Part of the furniture
:) i try not to call it that but there some jokey threads on other forums about the first game that labelled it that

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Since we're onto page 2 I'm guessing no one's actually still reading threads, but..

PC gaming isn't more expensive than Console gaming - in the medium to long term

You don't need a high end rig to play 99% of games on decent settings, £400-500 will do you. Sure that's more expensive than a console, but by the time you've bought about 10 games you'll break even, especially with Steam sales

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
£400-500? you'd have to dig about in sales for that then because noway could you get a pc that would run taxing games like BF3 properly for £400, not with monitor, mouse, keyboard, software etc.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah but you also can't play a console without some sort of screen.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Yeah but you also can't play a console without some sort of screen.

You can't use most PCs without some sort of screen, your point being? That's like saying you can see without having eyes.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Er just plug your PC into your TV? :D

And besides, ~£500 is plenty to play latest games on good settings. Helll, I spent less than that one this machine 18 months ago and it can still handle every new release thrown at it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You can't use most PCs without some sort of screen, your point being? That's like saying you can see without having eyes.

The point is. Every home (or, well the vast majority) have a TV and a PC. Making a PC games worthy costs fuck all these days, thanks to consoles holding technology back. My last graphics card played Skyrim on maximum, my last card now costs £40ish. You can buy a PC world special, drop a graphics card in it and have a machine that plays pretty much anything around.

To play a console you need to buy the console and the TV, £200 console £500 TV. To buy a gaming PC you need a PC (£300) and a graphics card (£anything you wish to spend)

Most homes have both a TV and a PC already and both are pretty much standard household appliances these days.

TLDR. The price difference between a PC and a gaming PC is tiny, most homes have a PC, probably more than have flat screen 1080 TVs

Factor in the price of games and the PC becomes even cheaper. I probably buy 20-30 games a year, if I was to do that on a console I would spend approx £1200 (assuming £40 a pop) whereas on a PC I spend about £1000, over the life of a PC (3-4 years) that's about £600 saving.

PC gaming is cheaper than console gaming, and a much better experience.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
£200 console £500 TV - made me laugh abit, you'll go for the cheapest pc possible but you need a £500 to play a console? gtfo :p you can buy a £100 tv to play a console on, plenty of 19"-22" LCD screens about.. unless you're one of these people that enjoys watching locked gaming resolutions on big tv's which is just plain retarded.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I realise this might be a bit silly but most of the posts in this thread are not really anything to do with competitive gaming.

Just saying.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The point is. Every home (or, well the vast majority) have a TV and a PC. Making a PC games worthy costs fuck all these days, thanks to consoles holding technology back. My last graphics card played Skyrim on maximum, my last card now costs £40ish. You can buy a PC world special, drop a graphics card in it and have a machine that plays pretty much anything around.

To play a console you need to buy the console and the TV, £200 console £500 TV. To buy a gaming PC you need a PC (£300) and a graphics card (£anything you wish to spend)

Most homes have both a TV and a PC already and both are pretty much standard household appliances these days.

TLDR. The price difference between a PC and a gaming PC is tiny, most homes have a PC, probably more than have flat screen 1080 TVs

Factor in the price of games and the PC becomes even cheaper. I probably buy 20-30 games a year, if I was to do that on a console I would spend approx £1200 (assuming £40 a pop) whereas on a PC I spend about £1000, over the life of a PC (3-4 years) that's about £600 saving.

PC gaming is cheaper than console gaming, and a much better experience.

Most people will not hook their PC up to the living room TV sorry but they don't and a gaming PC? no way will most people have a huge thing like that sat at the side of their TV.

People will buy a moniter+PC that is easily £500-£700 right there without a decent mouse,keyboard and speakers.

Most people will have their xbox hooked upto the living room TV failing that they go out to a supermarket and buy a £100 LCD tv for the bedroom, so say you are buying everything from scratch Xbox 250gig £195.

£130 22 inch LED http://www.tesco.com/direct/technik...lit-tv/215-8006.prd?skuId=215-8006&pageLevel=

add £40 for a game to get you started £365, big difference i'm afraid and games these days ordered online do not cost £40 they are fast becoming anything from £30-36 and tbh that is actually the price of a new big release PC game these days.

Happy for you to prove me wrong as i cba browsing for a decent pre-built PC that will play BF3 at medium settings at least and don't forget that monitor :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Who the fuck buys ready made machines these days?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

you brought it up :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It was an example, and the most expensive way of getting into PC gaming.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It was an example, and the most expensive way of getting into PC gaming.

Nah you were just proved wrong, I don't buy PC's to build myself and im sure a lot of others don't either.

Oh and you did say you can buy a PC world PC and swap out the card, would i buy from PC world? No fucking way.

You actually didn't make it out to be very expensive :)

Happy to be proved wrong though :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

Who the fuck has the patience to build their own PC these days? I spec mine up online and pay them the extra to build it for me (I can see the difference between 'PC world pre-ready' and 'make somebody else build it' ready - I just wanted to poke)

To be fair, most people don't need stupidly high spec'd machines, who the hell needs 24Gb of RAM?!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Exactly, you can get away with spending less than £200 these days and have something that is more powerful than a console.

It takes about 30 minutes to put a PC together btw. Add another 30 minutes to install the software. Anyone can do it...it's not like you can accidentally put the RAM in the graphics card slot or anything.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Who the fuck has the patience to build their own PC these days? I spec mine up online and pay them the extra to build it for me (I can see the difference between 'PC world pre-ready' and 'make somebody else build it' ready - I just wanted to poke)

To be fair, most people don't need stupidly high spec'd machines, who the hell needs 24Gb of RAM?!

Patience?! It takes less than half an hour!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Exactly, you can get away with spending less than £200 these days and have something that is more powerful than a console.

It takes about 30 minutes to put a PC together btw. Add another 30 minutes to install the software. Anyone can do it...it's not like you can accidentally put the RAM in the graphics card slot or anything.

No don't change what you were saying in the first place.

Prove me wrong or accept that a gaming PC is no way in hell anywhere close to being the same price tag as an Xbox.

I just love how you are moving the goal posts now i really do fucking classic.

Still waiting for you to spec me up that 'cheap' gaming PC btw.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Btw, what does price have to do with competitive gaming? Is Football a better sport than Formula 1 because a ball costs a tenner?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Has nothing to do with it tho the thread was called Console vs PC

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
WHAT DO DILDOS HAVE TO DO WITH COMPETITIVE GAMING EHHHHHHHHH! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom