Connecting speakers to either comp or TV. Halp!!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
So! The setup goes. Computer is connected to my LCD TV which currently uses the built in speakers sound-wise. Got my hands on a pair of speakers. How do i connect them? Either directly to the comp or to the TV and setup the tv to use "external speakers"?

Images are shown below of the speaker- and TV inputs. I actually tried connecting a cable from the two aux in connectors to the tv and try setup to use external speakers, but didn't work at all. The cables are red and black while the inputs are red and white. Perhaps that doesn't matter.

How should i go about it? The speakers are originally some sort of Iphone- docking speakers and used mainly with bluetooth.

Attachments

• WP_20141217_002.jpg
    WP_20141217_002.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 18
  • WP_20141219_002.jpg
    WP_20141219_002.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 17

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So! The setup goes. Computer is connected to my LCD TV which currently uses the built in speakers sound-wise. Got my hands on a pair of speakers. How do i connect them? Either directly to the comp or to the TV and setup the tv to use "external speakers"?

Images are shown below of the speaker- and TV inputs. I actually tried connecting a cable from the two aux in connectors to the tv and try setup to use external speakers, but didn't work at all. The cables are red and black while the inputs are red and white. Perhaps that doesn't matter.

How should i go about it? The speakers are originally some sort of Iphone- docking speakers and used mainly with bluetooth.
I think you would need an amp in between.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Oh, so basically I'm better off getting proper pc speakers and getting rid of these? Found them down in the storage..

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I don't think they are going to connect direct to your tv or pc. But others may know more. See if anyone comes up with an idea.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
the way I read it, both those red-/whatever connections are input connections. thus they are directional, and you will never get a signal to go from one to the other.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Looks like you need a 3.5mm headphone jack to red/white phono lead. Plug one end into the H/P socket on the back of the LCD and then run the other end to AUX IN on the speakers.
I presume it's one of those pairs of speakers that has the amp in one and that powers the second one over the Speaker Out connection.
The cable I suggest shouldn't be too expensive, just a few quid..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=3.5mm+to+phono&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yup, Kenny read your description much better than I did. Sorry chumlar :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom