conclusive evidence of scotland's rubbishness

Dukat

Resident Freddy
ECA for prime minister to be fucking honest! :england:

:D!!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The sooner they give scots independance so I dont have to be associated with ***** like paradroid the better.

And the richer the english will be for it.

Get your own fucking passports, your own fucking army and lets get some american/mexican style border controls going to keep the filthy scum locked up.

( This only includes the neds and scummers ).

Pithily put, but valid nonetheless. Paradroid, Scotland is effectively subsidised by England, and has been pretty much since the start of the UK. This isn't to denigrate Scotland's contribution to the UK, but its true. The old "you stole our oil" argument has been done to death (on here as much as anywhere else) and it doesn't really hold water. Loads of nationalistic Scots somehow think they would have been Norway if it wasn't for the English, but wishing for it doesn't mean it would have happened; we'll never know of course but the Scots are far more like the English than you're prepared to admit, you'd have pissed the money away propping up obsolete industry or on dole payments.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Embra's pretty nice, especially festival time (except if ye live here :p bloody tourists, eff off! get oota mah way!) as there's loads of comedy shows on and the pubs are all open later.

Not too bad for the chip on the shoulder lark either. East Lothian was a different matter, the missus got no end of abuse for being a "****ing english freak" when she worked out there, I imagine it's the same anywhere the more "local" you get.

As fer us scots - If we could maybe get it into our collective national heads that Edward Longshanks was over 700 years ago we'd be doing a lot better as a country. We should be hand in hand with our English neighbours, hating the french, surely? :)

*ducks*

That was tongue in cheek btw for anyone easily offended: I like the french, and not in an "I like the french, but" kind of way :p I have nothing against any of them. Probably because I can quite rightly say "je suis ecossais" or whatever it is on holiday and they stop treating me like a leper for speaking english :p

My favourite scots joke (as coined by Frankie Boyd):
"Back when Braveheart was released Mel Gibson was slated for not doing a very good job at appearing to be Scottish. But look at him now: An alcoholic racist."

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Amazon.co.uk: How the Scots Invented the Modern World: Books: Arthur Herman

I'm about to read this. I suspect it's going to tell me that we invented everything, and all the things that made Great Britain great were actually Scottish, in which case we should have all the money and we should be subsidising you. I'm beginning to see why you lot are referred to as "they arseholes down south". Edward Longshanks may have been 700 years ago, but let's see how much the English like the Germans in 640 years. The Arabs aren't exactly your best buds 800 years after the crusades now are they?

And yes, they are related. You'd have to be pretty blind to think otherwise.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Lets all just love each other and hate the Welsh instead.

I am English and I have invented something in my head that may change the world as we know it. I can't say what it is yet until its patented and no it isn't a none speaking woman.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Amazon.co.uk: How the Scots Invented the Modern World: Books: Arthur Herman

I'm about to read this. I suspect it's going to tell me that we invented everything, and all the things that made Great Britain great were actually Scottish, in which case we should have all the money and we should be subsidising you. I'm beginning to see why you lot are referred to as "they arseholes down south". Edward Longshanks may have been 700 years ago, but let's see how much the English like the Germans in 640 years. The Arabs aren't exactly your best buds 800 years after the crusades now are they?

And yes, they are related. You'd have to be pretty blind to think otherwise.

Most English people don't hate the Germans, except when the footie's on. Personally I quite like the Germans apart from their appalling taste in music and clothes. As for the arabs, until recently I'm pretty sure you'd have been hard put to find an English person who had a strong opinion one way or another, I'm pretty sure no-one was lying awake at night plotting revenge for the bloody crusades.

As for Scotsmen inventing everything, absolutely, Scotland has punched well above its weight on the inventing front, but not until Scotland was part of the United Kingdom. And yes, they are related. You'd have to be pretty blind to think otherwise ;).

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I have but one word to add to this discussion, it's pointless but seems to go in with the topic anyway.

FREEEEEEEEDOM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom