conclusive evidence of scotland's rubbishness

Will

/bin/su
I thought this was going to be about The Purifers again.

leggy

Probably Scottish
There was no survey on how wonderful the people are. That's worth at least 2 ranking points.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Are we rubbish because of our life expectancy or are we rubbish because we've been colonised by a rubbish race?

And to be honest I've been to belgium and it's clearly worse over there.

AAAnd let's not get started on areas of natural beauty. It doesn't get much better than the Scottish highlands.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It depends if you're looking at Scotland as a whole, or parts of Scotland. Some of Scotland is truly gorgeous. Parts of Scotland are roamed by the missing link between man and beast.

My stomping ground is the central belt, and I can conclusively say after living on the west coast of Scotland and the Lothian region that Scotland is a complete fucking shithole for a whole variety of reasons.

<rant>

I am sick and fucking tired of the caveman anti-English attitude. I attend a regular pub quiz and one of the questions was "who managed England in <whatever year>" when someone shouted "who fucking cares about the English" - what a fucktard. Then there is the "lets support whoever is playing England, including Germany even though Germany bombed the whole UK and murdered millions of Jews" during international football tournaments.

That said, I'm sure the English are just as bad regarding similar events.

I was standing at an ATM machine on Friday night when some knuckle dragging twat asked me in a broad Lothian accent:

he said "want tae go stab some fucking Polish mate?"

i said "nah mate, yer alright"

he said "whats a matter? are you a fucking poof?"

i said "i don't think it's a good idea, do you?"

he said "they'll take your fucking joab pal, and i my fucking joab, then ye'll be fucked".

These people need to be fucking gassed en masse by a right wing fascist party, never in my life after visiting quite a few areas of the UK and many places abroad have I heard anything so abhorrent in my 26 years on this planet.

Then there was the flights I had recently to and from Prague (four flights in total). As rude as the Dutch were, and as ignorant as the Americans were - the only people causing trouble on the plane were drunk tattooed Scottish fuckwits. I was surround by families and all I heard for over an hour back from Amsterdam was "fucking cnut this" , "fucking cnut that".

I can't be arsed writing anymore, i've had a bad weekend for a whole variety of reasons and I'm now seriously considering joining my sister in London - she saw the light and escaped early. She says she'll never ever come back and live here.

</rant>

Anyway, that Edinburgh castle is quite pretty innit?

leggy

Probably Scottish
London is probably the worst city on earth. Worse than Birmingham.

I'm leaving very soon.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Leggy I love as well as my own brother, and Big G too, but theres no doubt that a lot of scottish have chips on thier shoulders so big they cant look behind em :(

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
my sister

*fap*

The beautiful Scottish scenery has been ruined by speed vans evrywhere so you can't actually look at it you have to watch your Road Angel the whole time.

I for one like the Scottish, and I didn't see many chips on shoulders when I was in court there, unless thats just because I was with Stu :D

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Chris Rock used to say about whites and blacks:

"who's more racist - black people or white people? ... black people.. you know why? because we hate black people too"

"see there's a civil war going on and there's two sides - black people, and n!ggers ... and n!ggers have got to go"

It's the same in Scotland, there are two sides to Scottish people: Scotsmen and neds, and it's the fucking knuckle dragging neds that need to go.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
I doubt we'd be last if we had control over our own industries - it's not really fair comparing us to independant small countries.

Every country has knuckle draggers, Scots are obviously just more socially-inclusive than our English counterparts.

In scottish ned land, that probably makes perfect sense - recruit helpers, ensure success.

It also begs you to wonder if perhaps gangs of neds have actually only just met, a few minutes before, whilst walking down the street, and you're actually witnessing an advanced social behaviour - similar to insect behaviours, and pecular only to the scots variety of ned.

...well, at least he learned young that he can stab himself out of any situation. What do you expect when we aspire to this?

I must admit, he must have had some fancy knife skills to deal with the dual problem of immigration and poor job prospects, due a reduction in inward investment, with one solitary stabbing. You should have went with him to see how he addressed these issues, and also the future challenges of existing in an economically independant Scotland, in an increasingly federalised European Union.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I doubt we'd be last if we had control over our own industries - it's not really fair comparing us to independant small countries.

Swings and roundabouts; you "don´t have control over your own industries" but then who does in the globalised economy? On the other hand, you get the benefit of being part of the fourth largest economy in the world, a benefit say, Belgium, doesn´t get. Sure, an independent Scotland could aspire to be the next "Celtic Tiger" like Ireland, but they´d never get there with someone like Alec Salmond at the helm; the SNP aren´t exactly the party of liberal tax policies to encourage inward investment.

I´ve got to admit I was quite surprised by the analysis, I`d always had Scotland pegged as having a more educated, more skilled workforce than the English, certainly Scottish education is held in higher regard. Of course, there are neds, and the Scottish fondness for heart-attack food is legendary, but I didn´t realise things were that bad.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Of course, there are neds, and the Scottish fondness for heart-attack food is legendary, but I didn´t realise things were that bad.

This pretty much sums up the general opinion of Scotland which makes me a bit sad. It isn't actually like that in most towns. Don't get me wrong, as a nation, we do have a poor diet and there are quite a few neds but it doesn't seem worse than the English town I am in currently.

I hear what you're saying Throd, I do. But to be honest, comparing Scottish football supporters with the general populous isn't fair. Most of them DO have a serious chip on their shoulder and who blames them? The team are shite. It's like comparing a chimp with a greek philosopher though (ok so I'm clearly humorous here :)). Football is pish and shouldn't be used when comparing different races imo.

While most of the Scots might be a bit bitter when it comes to National football, England have their own fair share of disgraces when it comes to the sport.

Anyway, I think it's a bit harsh overall. Scotland really is a fantastic place (I am biased, true) and don't let big cities like Glasgow and parts of Edinburgh ruin that. If I judged England on Birmingham I'd never fucking come back. I've never lived in a worse city.

Like any nation it has it's fair share of twats but overall I don't see anything to be ashamed of.

FREEEEDOM... etc. :)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
i used to judge scotland entirely on this rabble...

800pxrabcnesbittcastxm2.jpg

but it actually looks really nice there and i hope i can visit the edinburgh fringe festival one day in the future. :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
the driving force is the shit weather :(

when Will says it's nice and sunny I know it only rained for about three hours that day :p

Will

/bin/su
the driving force is the shit weather :(

when Will says it's nice and sunny I know it only rained for about three hours that day :p
Oi, I wore sandals to work today. It was really sunny yesterday, so I thought it'd be a good idea.

Mizzle between my toes on the way to work was a bit weird.

mank!

Part of the furniture
i like the scottish. they just don't like me :(

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Live in Edinburgh, and love it. Just stay away from the dodgy areas, that's all.

Very safe place to go out at night, unless you are looking for trouble it's easy to avoid.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
i used to judge scotland entirely on this rabble...
Thats harsh, we're not all kiddie fiddlers :(

Allegedly anyway, he was actually innocent, but thats ruining what little funnyness there was in a shit attempt at humour :(

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Swings and roundabouts; you "don´t have control over your own industries" but then who does in the globalised economy? On the other hand, you get the benefit of being part of the fourth largest economy in the world, a benefit say, Belgium, doesn´t get. Sure, an independent Scotland could aspire to be the next "Celtic Tiger" like Ireland, but they´d never get there with someone like Alec Salmond at the helm; the SNP aren´t exactly the party of liberal tax policies to encourage inward investment.

I´ve got to admit I was quite surprised by the analysis, I`d always had Scotland pegged as having a more educated, more skilled workforce than the English, certainly Scottish education is held in higher regard. Of course, there are neds, and the Scottish fondness for heart-attack food is legendary, but I didn´t realise things were that bad.

You say we get the benefit of being part of the 4th largest economy in the world....erm, what benefit(s) would that be?

Any benefits from us not controlling our main natural resource (oil & gas)?... or the fact that this special "partnership" (that we should be grateful for apparently) has actually left Scotland last in this "wee country" table?

Anyhoo, the BBC report was scant on details, the FSB website has more:

FSB Webby said:
Closer scrutiny of the report shows that Scotland performs strongly on educational attainment, the measure of future potential, and above average on both employment rate and GDP per capita. Scotland’s poor overall score can mainly be attributed to our poor health record.

...so it seems it's all down to health, which is closely linked to wealth....which brings us back to this Kuato relationship we have with England.

:ninja:

Kryten

Old Cow.
For the most part, Scotland is lovely, without the neds and slums. In the same manner that England is lovely without it's chavs and shitholes. And Wales - well, without the Welsh.

Go far enough into the country in either place and it's bloody gorgeous, the weather - we're British, we should be used to it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You say we get the benefit of being part of the 4th largest economy in the world....erm, what benefit(s) would that be?

Any benefits from us not controlling our main natural resource (oil & gas)?... or the fact that this special "partnership" (that we should be grateful for apparently) has actually left Scotland last in this "wee country" table?

Anyhoo, the BBC report was scant on details, the FSB website has more:

...so it seems it's all down to health, which is closely linked to wealth....which brings us back to this Kuato relationship we have with England.

:ninja:

The sooner they give scots independance so I dont have to be associated with ***** like paradroid the better.

And the richer the english will be for it.

Get your own fucking passports, your own fucking army and lets get some american/mexican style border controls going to keep the filthy scum locked up.

( This only includes the neds and scummers ).

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
I used to live in Glasgow for uni, and other than the weather and the neds, I thought it was a good place to live, never had any trouble in the 5 years I was there, although I did see plenty. :p

I now live in Aberdeen, my hometown, and work in the oil industry here (why the fuck else would I stay in aberdeen?). Anyway, I have a nice life here and despite being slightly bored with the area in all likelihood will be raising a family here with my fiancée.

I don't think its particularly hard to prosper and live well here, maybe we have a comparatively high percentage of neds/bams/chavs/townies/whateveryouwanttocallthem in general, but they're easy enough to ignore.

BTW, if you want good scottish comedy based on a poorer community in Glasgow, watch "Still Game", its hilarious!

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
The sooner they give scots independance so I dont have to be associated with ***** like paradroid the better.

And the richer the english will be for it.

Get your own fucking passports, your own fucking army and lets get some american/mexican style border controls going to keep the filthy scum locked up.

( This only includes the neds and scummers ).

What level of douche-baggerie to you have to be at to jump feet-first into a thread, then respond to a coherent social/political argument by calling them a ****? Then to have the ignominy to say that you don't want to be associated with them? That's like a shit complaining of the smell.

*clap*
*clap*
*flap*

...although, you do seem overqualified for ambassadorial duties - when can you start?!?

:england:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom