Computer bootup problems!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Everytime I try to boot up my computer, it just stays freezed in the DELL loading window. But when I unplug the keyboard, mouse and the network cable, it starts up just fine.

Itit starts to get quite annoying, and I got no idea what the problem could be. I also get the "Keyboard error" before the windows XP starts loading.

Regards, Chosen

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Have you tried booting when just unplugging the keyboard? Could be a broken keyboard up setting it. Or do you need all 3 unplugged for it to work?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I have tried 4 types of keyboards, both USB and ps2. And it doesnt work only unplugging the keyboard, I have to unplug everything.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
is your mouse USB or PS2?

make sure colours match colours (purple to purple, green to green) as i've seen this phantom keyboard error caused by a PS2 mouse in the keyboard socket.

Said user got smacked across the back of the head for the henious crime.

if your using your usb mouse through the PS2 socket, you also deserve a smack :eek:
unless you have a PS2 KVM, then your excused.

WCS* is that your ps2 port for the keyboard is knackered (i.e. broken) and might need a warranty-call to get fixed (you did pay for the 3yr warranty didnt you? oh you didnt, thats a shame...)

*worst case scenario

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Everything I have is USB, but I have also tried a ps2 keyboard.

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds like it may be trying to boot off USB behind the splash screen and failing, for no fkin reason. Seen a few PC's do that, and havent a clue why. See if theres any USB stuff in your boot order anywhere, or boot other devices etc. Some PC's are just plain odd like that.

Mellow

Loyal Freddie
You could always try disabling the dell splash screen (to see if there's an error message hidden behind it) and restoring the default boot device order...

(both options in the BIOS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom