Complaining

P

Pakman

No this isn't another thread moaning about people who complain when they run over one of your mines etc.

When/why do you complain about a TK? Personally its when I think its on purpose. But I've encountered people who complain about every one, whatever the situation.

So what makes you hit that dreaded F1

M

mr.Blacky

It usually based on how that person is ingame, complaining spamming lots (and I mean lots) of tk, being abusive are not positive things imho. The only time I can remember calling for a vote was when someone followed me just to tk after I shot him (by acident lol).

X

Xage

I usually dont hit the f1 button, however when i was a total n00b (1 week and 2 days ago :p) i just pressed it because i didnt think it was normal to get TKed, but now i've played it a bit more i know TKing is normal in this game, so i dont press the button anymore, unless its clearly intentional and not from a medic ;)

Its frustrating tho to TK some1 with good intentions (as a medic) then fix them up and get a complaint, that really pisses me off :\

I also tend to push the button if i get TKed several times by the same person without getting a sorry :p depends a bit on my mood aswell tbh

D

Deady

I only hit it if it was intentional or if there was no reason AT ALL to be firing in my direction.

D

dysfunction

I also pressed the complaint button when I was new. I didnt really realise that it reduced the other persons XP and therefore reduces the effectiveness of the team.

Now I just press it if someone kills team mates on purpose.

Lately I have not been getting the option to complain...or maybe I am just ignoring the message and it goes away.

K

KUJO

Don't hit F1 unless someone TK's me on purpose.

X

Xage

thing is , you cant really know if it was on purpose, i've TKed a few times after i just switched times, completely forgotten i was now axis instead of allies :p cant really blame ppl for complaining then, but it wasnt on purpose ;)

K

KUJO

It's obvious if someone is running round TK'ing on purpose and I'm sure you offered an apologie to the peeps u just slotted, which let everyone know it wasn't on purpose.

D

doh_boy

I only press f1, usually, if the person is becomming a nuisance.

But last night there was one guy who continually hit me once or twice in the back right after spawn. After one particularly long burst (from him) I decided enough was enough and tried to tk him. I missed and later (about a minute) he killed me so I complained. Next spawn he did it again but managed to kill me (enemy at spawn shooting me aswell) so I complained again. It was radar and we managed to win fairly quickly so he finished the round on -6 :D.

So basically if it annoys me I complain. Not particuarly moral high-ground-ish but hey. :/

X

Xage

i always press the "sorry" button ;) even with mine kills and airstrikes :p

K

KUJO

Yeah me too. I always awknowledge a sorry too, usually with an 'ok' or 'no probs'

Common courtesy goes a long way in my book.

D

doh_boy

aye. Mine are v45 (sorry) and v41(yes) and just incase I'm slightly annoyed after a tk v43 (thanks :))

X

Xage

i dont like to use the "v" menu, takes me too long :p

instead i have a few other buttons bound to sorry etc.

bind p "vsay_team Welcome"
bind o "vsay Hi"
bind i "vsay Thanks"
bind u "vsay_team Medic"
bind l "vsay_team NeedAmmo"
bind k "vsay_team NeedEngineer"
bind j "vsay_team NeedBackup"
bind h "vsay_team FollowMe"
bind m "vsay_team Sorry"
bind n "vsay_team Affirmative"
bind b "vsay_team Negative"

like that :p

got a sheet next to me, with it all printed out :p

D

dysfunction

How do you go about binding keys in RTCWET?

X

Xage

same way as in most Q3 based games

you can do it on several ways:
- use the console to type it all in manually
/bind <key> <command(s)>

-or you can make an autoexec.cfg file in the etmain folder by using notepad and put the same things in there without the / at the beginning of each line

T

throdgrain

I hardly ever TK or TW, so I don't see why others should. If I get a tk I quite often press F1, if only to teach the twat a lesson ...

D

Deady

Theres no way im saying sorry if you run into my mine, or airstrike for that matter.

Is the big cloud of red smoke and "Fire in the Hole" spam not enough? :)

X

Xage

not if your hurrying to get a tank repaired/ dynamite defused ;)

T

throdgrain

Agreed Deady, but spamming machine gun fire across the place is stupidity, and if it kills me I do quite often F1, unless a sorry is not forthcoming.
And Xage, I think you find I quite often have the most revives at the end of a game, when I can be arsed to play ;)

M

mr.Blacky

Well shit happens hehe but tbh I rather have ff on then off, even if you sometimes get people that run over your mines and complain lol. If it happens too often I just say "flags are bad for you, you go boooom"

M

mr.Blacky

Perhaps I should treat them like I treat you :p as a very large target. ;)

M

mr.Blacky

yeah felt a bit tonight so just had 60% accuracy :(

X

Xage

and thats on a big target like me :)

still not as bad as i thought tho :p

M

mr.Blacky

Tbh I blame you :p you were too laggy to shoot good at, but someone tried to snipe me :D

X

Xage

all my bro's fault!! he had to do weird things on his webcam with loads of pl watching 0_o

Users who are viewing this thread