Company of Heroes

leggy

Probably Scottish
Aada said:
DoW was great but it all came down to who had the most units at the end of the day, wasn't really any tactics involved just felt like Red Alert build the biggest army possible and hope the other guy has less units.

If you use good game rules and are a decent player, your enemy won't have a chance to amass a huge army though.

I find DoW massively more tactical as you increase the difficulty level.

Aada

Part of the furniture
leggy said:
If you use good game rules and are a decent player, your enemy won't have a chance to amass a huge army though.

I find DoW massively more tactical as you increase the difficulty level.

True.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ch3tan said:
As I am rubbish at describing tactics, I will leave it till Wij reads this to point out why DoW is more tactical than you describe -maybe not vanilla DoW, but WA definetly.

Remember Dark Crusade will have many of the features added to the engine for CoH, giving DoW much more variety in online play with 7 races to play with and against.

Yep I agree, I think DC could be the creme de la creme for multiplayer. CoH's singleplayer really impressed me though, more so than DoW or WA which were too short for my liking and the story seemed a little cobbled together.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
inactionman said:
Under 'Display' under the Nvidia control panel, in 'Change Flat panel scaling'.

Don't have that option on mine, could it be because I am using a 6800GT or do I need a newer driver version?

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Upgrade to the latest driver version. The new .NET control panel in it isn't the most stable thing I've seen though!

Clown

Part of the furniture
P.S. I got it working again.
/me pokes Chetan and WireplayKenneth

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
inactionman said:
Upgrade to the latest driver version. The new .NET control panel in it isn't the most stable thing I've seen though!

Works a treat, cheers bud :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
been playing this since around 9.30am i'm addicted :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Clown said:
P.S. I got it working again.
/me pokes Chetan and WireplayKenneth

Gym this week, probably wont be around apart from during the day on Thursday.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Did the 2v2 level where you have 2 bridges and the mini lake the tanks can get through. we blew the bridges and heavily fortified the lake/swamp whatever you wanna call it. used them Heavy Armour 900MP tanks with the super long range bombardment to hold the middle ground.

was so much going on i loved every minute of it haha!

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Turtling in might just be the doom, much easier to counter that in coh than any other game ;)

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Just made my son buy this with his pocket money (ahem...).

It's bloody hard innit? I assume the fuel depots are the key really?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Lester said:
Just made my son buy this with his pocket money (ahem...).

It's bloody hard innit? I assume the fuel depots are the key really?

Surprised it runs on your pc's tbh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It can run at some very low settings Trem. I can for instance run it at 3fp at 1900*1200 with pretty lights, or 1200*768 with slightly less pretty lights and shadows at 40fps. It still looks good.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Lesters pc has really dodgy bits inside it though, I'm frankly surprised it still boots up.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ace game, playing through the campaign atm :) Bought it months ago but been having some trouble with my machine which i didnt take care of until this week so havent been able to enjoy it til now.

The voiceacting really does alot to immerse you into the action.

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Yep, been re-playing this since they announced a addon pack. Online I'm Milkshake, give me a shout if you fancy a wee game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom