Coming of teh ages!

epoxy

Fledgling Freddie
back when some sbs 1 shotted and stayed hidden was funny,
and in df got in grp chat when playing mid with some hibbies.

Gamah

Banned
Lol at people deluding themselves about the impending death of English Euro Daoc.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
First off Warhammer will use the Gamebyro engine, an earlier version was used in DAOC.

http://www.emergent.net/index.php/homepage/news/in-the-news-gamasutra-warhammer

I think that looking at alpha shots and passing judgement, is naive, nay stupid. You cannot really judge. Some shots I have seen have been excellent and some poor. It really depended on the models/textures used, whether they had switched on AA/AS etc etc, tbh to many factors to judge.

I think the advantage mythic have got and its very very large, is the experience they have gained in DAOC. Just the game/character experience. Then the server side experience. I have some concerns about whether they could handle 20% of the success that WoW has, numbers wise. But thats where EAs money comes in.

GOA / Mythic have to have a lot better account management system, than the inept one they have at the moment. I have never come across a system that was such a ball ache to activate accounts and renew. The rightnow product could do with dumping ... ohhh having the same email address on 2 accounts ... doooommm. If you are going to have that restriction, then don't allow 2 with the same name then.

Finally a small request of GOA. Please Please considering a reduced cost (less than full price * 2) for people would wish to run their DAOC and Warhammer accounts concurrently. A bundle option, it would be a nice way to get some form of cross over into DAOC from Warhammer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom