Can't get enough of FH
lawd yes. I still read the calvin and hobbes webcomic. Pure innocence

Gray

FH is my second home
e6_1.JPG

Sooo thought he was taking it when i checked that pic! :p

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
It used to be a highlight of the week, my Granndma would post up comics from London, the Victor, the Hotspur and the Beano, then when my sisters were into comics The Bunty and some other girly comic. I also read some 2000 AD.
Nostalgia is not always a bad thing :D

Later

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Oh I forgot about doomlord he was cool. If memory serves wasn't he so disfigured he wore a mask and worked as a stuntman doing the most dangerous stunts cos he had a death wish.

I also remember a series (can't remember title) where a boy got stuck in his computer games, such greats as Kung Fu Master and Silent Service.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Used to collect Thundercats and Transformers on a weekly basis. I even have a scar on my head from tripping into a lamppost whilst running to the shop to get my latest copy of Thundercats. The newsagent had to sell a Thundercats comic to a crying child with blood pouring from his head that day ;)

If I can find it when I'm down home next weekend, I have a photo of my old bedroom wall that is covered in the posters from the middle pages of the Thundercats comics.

Oh, and I used to get the Beno, Dandy and Topper annuals every year for Christmas.

The only comic I read nowadays is Bone, well unless you count the numerous web comics I frequent these days.

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Death's Head was one of my favourite comics but he wasn't that well known. He started as an ultra-tough bounty hunter in the Transformers universe, taking out some quite big names, and then he was shrank by Doctor Who and got to do battle with the likes of Iron Man and the entire Fantastic Four (he kicked their asses).

Transformers and zoids both had some extremely good stories - anyone remember the awesome TF story "Time Wars" in which Galvatron goes back in time and finds himself being ripped apart by his insane former persona Megatron?

Eagle was great, as was the comic it joined up with, Battle, which had been known as Battle: Action Force. Battle also ran a brilliant strip called Storm Force which I doubt anyone remembers? http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/storforc.htm - It rocked!

Oink! Was pretty funny. Also read Beano, Dandy, Whizzer & Chips and Beezer!

Right now I'm reading Astonishing X-Men, thoughy I don't really read that many anymore.

Edit: And oh yeah, the world's funniest comic: http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Jonny_Darko said:
Death's Head was one of my favourite comics but he wasn't that well known. He started as an ultra-tough bounty hunter in the Transformers universe, taking out some quite big names, and then he was shrank by Doctor Who and got to do battle with the likes of Iron Man and the entire Fantastic Four (he kicked their asses).

Doctor Who ???

Wij

I am a FH squatter
They had Doctor Who in a Marvel comic ?

They drew him ?

Which Doctor ?

I demand proof you big lying liar you :eek:

fo_and_die

Fledgling Freddie
i used to get the Cor Annual at xmas, my mum and dad could not afford comics for us kids but at xmas we got these.

http://www.waplingtons.freeserve.co.uk/cor.htm

and whizzer and chips

http://www.26pigs.com/whizzer/

and later on it was Viz, but we cannot really talk about Viz can we, we would not want to offend anyone with Sid the sexist or buster gonad and his unfeasabliy large testicals.

eg If the lady wants a baby I'm the cock of the North! - political correctness at its damn best.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I had the BEANO when I was younger and lived in blighty. I also stole the neighbor's son's 2000AD. which rocked tbh.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
The Eagle
Whizzer and Chips
Monster Fun
Roy of the Rovers
2000AD

logic7

Fledgling Freddie
I read mostly Marvel comics as a kid. DC comics seemed a bit silly and the stories weren't interesting at all. So Xmen, X-Factor, The New Mutants, X-Force, Wolverine, Secret Wars II, and a few others were bought every month. Epic had ElfQuest and Groo the Wanderer for me.

I had a fairly nice collection until late 2000. Someone stole my entire collection while I was moving to a new apt in my building.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
damn, that sucks mate. when I was little I had a stack of marvels about a foot high. I remember the ads on the back where you could buy sea-monkeys, x-ray glasses, magic gloves and stuff like that. this is early 80's though. sad thing is, living in the tropics, comics would fall apart after a while (or the bugs would get into them :/).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom