Code of Conduct changes

Thadius

Part of the furniture
FOR GOA and Esselinithia

It still seems that both your parties have no clue as to how dueling circles starts etc so i will try to make it as clear as possible for you.

Soloer A meets Soloer B and fights.

Soloer C sees them fighting decides not to add out of respect and courtesy.

Soloer D comes along and sees that there Soloer A and Soloer B are fighting but is of the same mindset as Soloer C (not wanting an easy kill and has respect for one or both of the fighters)

At this point Soloer C and D may continue to watch the fight or decide to fight each other.

THIS is how 99% of 'duelling circles' start. None of the MSNing or phoning up of mates to arrange duels etc.

Thats what I was trying to say!

I fail to see why GOA have taken a stance on this, its like they are forcing you to play your character.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
RP farming is as common as Jade Goodey. Changing the CoC won't stop anything

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Why don't they just change to coc to to Red = Dead!?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You should also have to be a nice guy irl and pay your own subs

Conway

Fledgling Freddie
It quite clearly doesnt state this, it doesnt mention duelling circles.

In bad english it says; pre-arranged fights are a no-no (no more who's running in Agrammon tonight threads i guess, & should the likes of Aran or Mastade ever return, no more we gonna take your relics Friday at 7.30pm threads ?)

It also says controlled fights area no-no (no definition or explanation here but does this mean where one person doesnt fight back?) (it also suggests that fighting the same person/people repeatedly in a short space of time is a no-no (so i guess when the RvR population drops below a certain number the frontiers will be closed ? - no more ac raids then .. yay !!)

And it also says spying is no-no, i presume that means logging into a realm, see-ing what everyone is up to then logging into another realm & going & killing everyone.

You know, if i didnt read these boards, i would have no clue as to what the changes in the CoC really mean.

What the code of conduct actually says is:-

Conduct Between Realms

Even though it is allowed to use characters from different kingdoms on the same server or group of servers, it is forbidden to use this ability to spy on or for the advantage of an opposing kingdom.

As such, even if an unplanned duel between two players from opposing kingdoms is allowed if it these should remain as exceptional events,, it is not permitted to arrange fights between different realms for their personal benefit. This practice, usually called "RP farming", consists of earning realm points easily and quickly using 'controlled' fights, will be punished.

Every user found spying, RP Farming or other abusive behaviour ruining other players' game play might see their account(s) temporarily or permanently closed.

I fail to see why you bring Aran's MARR raids into this, since these were hardly arranged duels between two players. Hibernia was outnumbered, but we still managed more than one person in the BG. They were not controlled fights. We didn't have the Hibernia, Albion and Midgard battlegroups sitting in a circle on Dun Cruachon bridge playing tea parties while we got a lot of Albions to leave so the BGs were the same size and then emote to start the fight.

When attacking one realm, the other could and did add on the fight and try (sometimes successfully) to swipe the relic from us. I think the last one was against Albion, the Midgard BG kept attacking us all through. When we did get the relic, someone grabbed it and delayed us precious minutes. By the time they gave in and handed it over, it was too late to pass to the people who should have carried it back, so it stayed in our group. The Midgard BG caught us, wiped most of the BG and half the relic group. Relic group rezzed and ran unbuffed for the coast, and made it to a boat with what looked like the whole Midgard BG swimming after us.

Controlled? I don't think so. From where I was, it seemed like total and utter mayhem.

Dard

Part of the furniture
What the code of conduct actually says is:-

Conduct Between Realms

Even though it is allowed to use characters from different kingdoms on the same server or group of servers, it is forbidden to use this ability to spy on or for the advantage of an opposing kingdom.

As such, even if an unplanned duel between two players from opposing kingdoms is allowed if it these should remain as exceptional events,, it is not permitted to arrange fights between different realms for their personal benefit. This practice, usually called "RP farming", consists of earning realm points easily and quickly using 'controlled' fights, will be punished.

Every user found spying, RP Farming or other abusive behaviour ruining other players' game play might see their account(s) temporarily or permanently closed.

I fail to see why you bring Aran's MARR raids into this, since these were hardly arranged duels between two players. Hibernia was outnumbered, but we still managed more than one person in the BG. They were not controlled fights. We didn't have the Hibernia, Albion and Midgard battlegroups sitting in a circle on Dun Cruachon bridge playing tea parties while we got a lot of Albions to leave so the BGs were the same size and then emote to start the fight.

When attacking one realm, the other could and did add on the fight and try (sometimes successfully) to swipe the relic from us. I think the last one was against Albion, the Midgard BG kept attacking us all through. When we did get the relic, someone grabbed it and delayed us precious minutes. By the time they gave in and handed it over, it was too late to pass to the people who should have carried it back, so it stayed in our group. The Midgard BG caught us, wiped most of the BG and half the relic group. Relic group rezzed and ran unbuffed for the coast, and made it to a boat with what looked like the whole Midgard BG swimming after us.

Controlled? I don't think so. From where I was, it seemed like total and utter mayhem.

I brought them up to make a point, its not ok for solo-ers to arrange an area where you can have fair fights & a bit of fun but it is ok to arrange FG fights in Agrammon & even "advertise" for want of a better description huge events like relic raids, i wonder which one produces the most rp's?

So its bascially penalise the solo-er, to me its hipocritical.

Reignfire

One of Freddy's beloved
I brought them up to make a point, its not ok for solo-ers to arrange an area where you can have fair fights & a bit of fun but it is ok to arrange FG fights in Agrammon & even "advertise" for want of a better description huge events like relic raids, i wonder which one produces the most rp's?

Its because not many if any 'solo-ers' has a GM on their MSN List.

Gamah

Banned
Fuck the CoC, the worst that will happen is they ban you and loose another cash cow.

I'll still be dueling till my account gets banned!

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie

Dard: Look at the amount of soloers vs adds threads and the amount of such conflict.

It is a problem for the server, the events in your comparision aren't.

The sad part: many soloers just flame others and doesn't try to live with other people and stop being the source of problems.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Fuck the CoC, the worst that will happen is they ban you and loose another cash cow.

I'll still be dueling till my account gets banned!

Make that two cash cow accounts! ;)

Reignfire

One of Freddy's beloved
The sad part: many soloers just flame others and doesn't try to live with other people and stop being the source of problems.

Since when has a soloer flame anyone? Or is this more of your delusions? When have we not tried to co-exist?

We avoid the iRvR areas as to not ruin the fg v fg or the zerg fun and yet when the fg try to kill the few solo-ers and fail these same soloers gets warnings from GOA and people like you come on here spouting BS.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Dard: Look at the amount of soloers vs adds threads and the amount of such conflict.

Seriously, wtf has the amount of whine threads on a forum got to do with how a % of people would like to play a game.

Its got nothing to do with forums, nothing to do with whining or abuse it's just about respect. If 6 guys from 3 realms wanna sit in ring & fight 1v1 .. 1 fight at a time then whats the big fucking deal ?

So long as no one is sitting down to lose or not fighting back & so long as no one is rezzing the dead whats the big fucking deal ?

So what if 1 guy is RR10 & another is RR5, from a personal pov it feels great to beat a high RR toon, from the high RR toon pov most of the guys i see doing these wouldnt dream of chaining a lower RR toon.

I can get more RP's sitting on a bridge for an evening once a week that i could get solo-ing / duel circle (yeah yeah no need to point out my solo skills suck).

There is nothing you or anyone else can say that will convince me that these guys are harming the game or RP-farming.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Since when has a soloer flame anyone? Or is this more of your delusions? When have we not tried to co-exist?

We avoid the iRvR areas as to not ruin the fg v fg or the zerg fun and yet when the fg try to kill the few solo-ers and fail these same soloers gets warnings from GOA and people like you come on here spouting BS.

When you say "we soloers" and then question how people categorize you as soloer, and flame, insult, flame, throw abusive comment, flame, insult, then question when any soloer (including you) flamed anyone that is quite funny :D

Gamah

Banned
When you say "we soloers" and then question how people categorize you as soloer, and flame, insult, flame, throw abusive comment, flame, insult, then question when any soloer (including you) flamed anyone that is quite funny :D

You roleplayers will have the server to yourself soon enough ;d

Reignfire

One of Freddy's beloved

Yes I would categorise myself as a soloer. This is just a statement. If you are refering to the other thread where i said:

'Who the hell are you to say what group I fall into?'

I was refering to your comment of

'And people who look for superiority in reaching some in game goal in specific set of playing styles.
8v8 and 1v1 people are both subgroups of the 2nd group.'

I take exception to being categorise as someone who is in it just to appear superior to everyone else. You dont even know how I play the game and yet you categorised me as 'look for superiority' IF you even did any research before typing the first thing that came into your head you would realise that not just me but others of these that you put into the second category have ran consistemtly in groups that are less than 'optimised'.

And please please please show me something in game or in game where I have insulted a player for 'adding' / ' zerging'

This as with everything you have posted on this forums just proves Shike right when he says 'you are the liar here' and 'Your constructions is made of what you want it to be and your logic fails, time and time again, everywhere'

Sorry to use so many of your phrases Shike but they seem appropriate. Before you make assumptions about me and Shike ... I have never spoken to him in game. Funny isnt it that so many people that havent spoken in game or FH or MSN can agree on what type of person YOU are in game and on the forums?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
oh no worries Reign, just leave out all the cursing etc and its fine to use I geuss haha :)

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Seems to me that if those who like to solo and hold their duels are left alone then they will not annoy anyone else and they will enjoy their game.

Cannot see much wrong with that myself.. and that comes from someone who never really got into the solo side of DAoC.

I agree with Dard it seems odd to me that MARR's or FG action can be advertised but solo stuff cannot. What is the difference in a soloer watching a ream mate die or a fg watching a fg of realm mates die. Cannot think of anyone who violated the sanctuary of Agramon when FG vs FG was running and cannot think of a single time when a E&E complained or a GM came along with big boots and stopped it.

For a simpleton like me it seems GOA are imposing a playstyle that does not suit all of the players. It may have been a nice ideal to have when the servers were full and active but the game has moved on and so should the rules that surround it.

Stopping people having fun drives them away ... or perhaps that is the idea.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
No, Reignfire, if you are willing to think, read what I have said.

If we want to speak about soloers we should define a line that separates soloers and any people who soloes sometimes, we should use this definition, unless you have something better.

Instead of providing another definition that can define these groups so we can speak about them, or making reasons you started to flame and say how you are better more intelligent and such.

it shown one thing: you failed to understand why we should define these groups if we want to speak about them.
Then you used this definition and said you are in that group (identified yourself with the definition) argued about traits (based on definition so these are standard for the defined group) then you shown you have these traits even if you say otherwise.

Reignfire

One of Freddy's beloved
Essen:
Instead of providing another definition that can define these groups so we can speak about them, or making reasons you started to flame and say how you are better more intelligent and such.

Nowhere in any of my statements have I said I was more intelligent than anyone or made words to them effects neither have I said I was better than anyone. If you can find this anywhere please share it?

To me as a player it makes no difference if someone soloes sometimes or soloes 100% of the time.

The way i treat other people is simple. When an opponent is in a group he is treated as such but when i see him solo I will not zerg or add on him just for the hell of it. Thats just me I dont throw abuse at him when he is in a group or otherwise. Ask Hydron and Marmate :) They have duoed me in the past with friends of theirs (they dont add or zerg on me all the time think it was just once or twice heat of momment etc i would like to think :) ) but when they are solo and engage I refuse to add or zerg on them its as easy as that.

When i play a char in a group and i come across a soloer I will not engage him but by the same token i can not stop my group mates from engaging.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

Ess, its important when you form arguments to restrict your frame of reference and also to be truthful within that frame of reference. Here the frame of reference that is only worth talking about is in game, and unfortunately you are basically making foundless and unsupported accusations. If you could support that accusation, then we could go on and perhaps form a usefull discussion.

Dard

Part of the furniture

This will probably be my last post on this topic because im off on holiday soon & i've actually lost the will to post on this topic anymore because im arguing with a guy who doesnt RvR & moved to Gaheris a year ago.

This whole argument is not about weather someone should be allowed to solo, its about GoA's intervention & rp farming.

Mythic are obviously aware some people like to solo, they wouldnt have put a title in the game for it otherwise. This is mythics game, they designed it, they code it, they own it, GoA only run it for them in Europe, GoA representatives have stated it often enough <100 charge barrels anyone!?>
usually to deflect monas & whines from our great community, Requiel has also said in another thread (which i cba to search for) that GoA shouldnt get involved in ingame politics (or words to that effect), but they have done on several occassions.

I currently play Euro & US, i see similair situations on both sides of the Atlantic, in fact ive seen identical situations (lowering of a keep, relics involved), what happens in USA ? nothing, what happens here ? You know the answer to that. Now if the makers of the game dont get involved in the USA why should GoA get involved here.

Now if this is solely about rp farming then im sorry, but i dont believe anyone who gets involved in these circles earns enough rp's from them to warrant any sort of repercussions, though if its someone farming there own toon (hi hi wellknownplayerwholostalltherearpeeslol) or a similair situation then yeah.

If its about the abuse then learn to use /filter & /ignore, its not difficult.

I really cba to say anymore on the subject ... or maybe i will after i'm rested from my holidays. :touch:

play nice
/Dard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom