Co-op server poll

O

old.Revz

Originally posted by mele-nko
Most worthless idea in the history of daoc.

I don't know, having three completely seperate realms so you have to create triple the content of any other game on the market just to stay level with them ranks up there for me. Giving each realm different classes, indeed different numbers of classes, and then expecting to be able to balance the way they fight each other within a human lifetime (let alone the couple of years a game will last for) is another bad idea.

A co-op server at least goes some way towards rectifying these major mistakes. Just because you can't see how it would work doesn't mean it won't. Diablo2 multiplayer was a pretty awful idea but I gather some people got a lot out of it.

Also your webpage is somewhat out of date now.

O

old.Kram

Originally posted by Moody

If you think getting to 50 needs to be over and done with as fast as possible, having fun grouping because you have to, and then go rvr you wil never like a CO-OP server. You won't even understand why others want a CO-OP server

Guess I dont understand why anyone would want a CO-OP then :m00:

GL to the PvE'rs getting a CO-OP serv, I know, I wont be there :p

T

Tank Init

looks like a good idea to me :)

to all u pvp'ers out there if u want a real pvp game play chess :)
2 players both equal, no power leveling this is real skill

pvp server should really be called gvg

O

old.Krusha

the_chimera .. most of that is in the upcoming patches... except the Emain thing.. which would sound like a good "temp" solution ;)

O

old.Charonel

i'm still under the impression that they need to add some uber mobs, say about lvl 70ish, running around in groups of 20 to go around xpkilling everything that dares step foot inside emain and just leave them there for at least a month or two.

that would FORCE most of the rvr into the other realms, giving people a chance to see that there's other places to go too, so that when the mobs leave there'll be people around who may not WANT to come back to emain.

anything to spread out the rvr so that there's less zerging wins my vote :)

S

Sigurd

I'd like to see the experience slope for levels 20-50 lowered though, not just 40-45, there are still players out there who have played since the start and not got a level 50 character yet - me included, and it's really rather depressing, as I just never had time to play for 10 hours straight which is pretty much how you level over 40/45...

K

Keri

Originally posted by old.Charonel
i'm still under the impression that they need to add some uber mobs, say about lvl 70ish,

Have you read about Apocalypse?

A

AbPoon

Once SI comes out a co-op server will be worthwhile, some of the uber hard dungeons sound like great fun, just at the moment lvl 45+ is uber boring, so atm co-op=crap but once si comes out and we can go to all of the uber dungeons co-op=not a bad idea at all.

T

Thorgald

I read somewhere that GOA/Mythic havent decided on a co-op server for EU yet.. they gonna see how the US are holding up, if its not going well enough there they prolly wont start one here :(

O

old.Krusha

The Co-op server :

Mythic recently released a new server type called co-operative server. Many of you asked if the European version of Dark Age of Camelot will ever have one. For now, we have taken no decision about it. We will keep a very close eye on how Gaheris (the US server) is doing, read your comments and reactions to it, before deciding if we will, open such a server in the future. In any case, there will be no real decision about this before the release of Shrouded Isles in Europe.

not "just" how its going in the us :)

R

Reverant Mezz

from what i've read of idea's the PvE server i like the idea of leaving frontiers for pvp ruleset and making the inner parts of the realms normal co-op..

excellent fighting and excellent co-op play

O

old.Krusha

thats another kind of server they are planning (they had a vote about it on camelotherald.com) called andred-gaheris sever... coop in the innerrealms and pve in the frontiers ...

but i think the "New" kind of servers is getting out of hand.. the amount of time/work put into that should be put into getting issues/bugs cleared out... but still

Gifv Co-Op :)

D

Danya

Originally posted by Novamir
completely pointless waste of time imo. bashing NPCs forever, why not buy an offline game?
Because you can't fight mobs with your friends offline, duh!
to me the idea of PvE is not xp grinding, it's epic mob raiding. I'll forgive charonel his missing this as I doubt he's really done much, but it is, for me at least, as exciting as RvR, and often less laggy as it's 40 people vs 1 mob not 40 people vs 40 people. :p
As noted, you do need SI for it to have enough content though.

A

Adralend

On this type of server there is no type of player-vs-player combat at all (except for dueling) <--- u can pvp !!

T

The Exile

Originally posted by old.Krusha
Gifv Co-Op :)

I agree, Givf Now!!!!11

Seriously this server will be great, Although it will be hard to control the urge to kill every firbie I see... Troll-> :twak: <-Firbie

A

Arumar

I'd quite like to see the co-op server, and for those interested, rvr from the sound of things will be replaced with campaigns similar to the Gersha campaign at Caer Witrin, all throughout the frontiers.
Could be interesting!

G

Garaen

I wont be there unless i am dragged onto it kicking and screaming, even then i wont play much :D

I like DAoC because of the PvP concept its one of a kind, i couldnt stand just leveling to 50 and killing mobs in the SI epic dungeons (which you can do on the normal servers) On the PvE server you could very well have a few hundred people zerging the area which isnt that fun and doesnt present much of a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread