Co-op EU, start your posting ;)

I

ilienwyn

Gets my vote too.
And really looking forward to it...

D

daphatfriar

Count me in pls :)

Will a co-op server mean a server free from stealther types levelling? After all they have a hard time getting groups as it is...

B

bob007

Co-op is the only reason am still around, Either here if we get it or US if we don't. There will be a Boboskov support class running around.

A not a rollplay type player tho, I like the hunt more then anything. And keep taking and guarding is so much fun.

Co-op gets my vote

O

old.Krusha

Originally posted by daphatfriar
Will a co-op server mean a server free from stealther types levelling? After all they have a hard time getting groups as it is...

nope still have to take keeps ;)

O

old.Revz

A coop server gets my vote. I just hope they create one at or immediately after the release of SI because much later on and it will be largely wasted :/

O

old.Kladen

only kind of people who would go on it are Roleplayers.

but at the moment its a bit pointless opening a coop server.

we should wait till we get dueling patch.

B

Bodzilla

the USA co-op one didnt have /charcopy, but instead they just didnt wipe the data from the testing of it, so when it went live chars were already established.

K

Keri

Originally posted by old.chesnor
If PvP server brings out the very worst in people who play this game (and it seems to in my experience) then a Co-op server should do the exact opposite.

GOA will be absolutely nuts not to open one asap.

You summed it up perfectly. I have played a little on Gaheris, and a lot of players seem to be either older than the average, or female. I would enjoy grouping with different classes from all realms, and also taking my Valewalker to Albion and Midgard.

Mythic allowed people to copy characters over to Gaheris during the test phase, and there was no character wipe. This had a very interesting effect on new characters. Higher levels were quite happy to help out players who were new to a realm, answering those n00b questions we all had in the beginning, such as where to find mobs to kill at lvl 4, where to find a shield merchant. These are the kinds of questions that would mostly go ignored on a regular or PvP server. I would definitely move to a cooperative server

K

Keri

Originally posted by Fingoniel
/charcopy seems a bit pointless :) you'd just end up with lots of level 50 clones running around telling the newbies how uber they are...

The point of PvE is killing the monsters - start a new character, meet up with some friends, roll whatever race/class you fancy and go kill monsters in all the different places.

I just read the above .. see my previous post. People who elect to play on a co-op server are just not the type to run around needing to prove how uber they are. Those are the "little boys" who go to PvP servers. :p

K

Keri

Originally posted by old.Kladen
only kind of people who would go on it are Roleplayers.

Wrong! Have you even played on Gaheris?

O

old.LandShark

Question: you can still /duel on Co-Op, right? Cos that'd probably relieve my burning needs to demonstrate how uber I am ;)

K

Keri

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Question: you can still /duel on Co-Op, right? Cos that'd probably relieve my burning needs to demonstrate how uber I am ;)

Yes, you can still duel, although it doesn't seem to happen very often ... mostly because electing to play on a co-op server demonstrates a lack of need to prove "uberness". What you see more of, is people giving away items, or people answering "n00b-type" questions in a helpful way.

R

Riddler

gifv coop :)

so many up's in it...

tanks become uber again

no stress

no need to prove anything

less sb alts :p

easier to really put effort into events as u dont have to think about the rvr or the rp u could have made

roleplayin _can_ be done

etc etc etc etc etc

but please, if ur giving us coop, please make one for every language (UK, GER, FR)

O

old.Krusha

Originally posted by old.Riddler

but please, if ur giving us coop, please make one for every language (UK, GER, FR)

i for one could second that.. but its one of these things you know will -never- happen ;)

K

Keri

Originally posted by old.Krusha

i for one could second that.. but its one of these things you know will -never- happen ;)

Why not? They did the dumb thing and put up a PvP server, why wouldn't they do the smart thing and make a co-op server? Oh wait ... that would be the smart thing to do ... so I guess you're right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom