Cluster Servers & Instanced RvR:

Minau

Loyal Freddie
Quetz said:
I don't know whats more worrying, the fact that the game is in such a state that Mythic have to consider a solution like clustering, or the fact that you (and GOA presumably) have no clue what is happening on your servers. Players are leaving and most of those that are still here will be leaving shortly. If you don't have a population problem now you will have in 2 months. By that time though it will be too late. Don't fool yourself into thinking that you won't need to cluster servers, you will, and the sooner the better.
^ truth

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Minau said:
My realm rank is nothing speciell, compared to the peeps i run with its kinda low. But atleast i dont zerg 24/7.... And yes i know its "just a game" but it has real people playing it.. people will remember the good times/bad times cuz it was spent with real people.

well you don't need a high realm rank to be a complete idiot who likes to be with other complete idiots :wanker:

Minau

Loyal Freddie
old.windforce said:
well you don't need a high realm rank to be a complete idiot who likes to be with other complete idiots :wanker:
i love u to :fluffle:

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Quetz said:
Don't fool yourself into thinking that you won't need to cluster servers, you will, and the sooner the better.

Bullshit...

It's not even a case of 'not needing it' ... it's a case of it being totally different from the US .. We just have 2 uk servers that could be clustered ... but the thing is that a HUGE part of the people that play Prydwen play another realm on Excalibur ... there is entire guilds that have "sisterguilds" on the other server/realm. What do you think will happen if you cluster Pryd and Excal? Crossrealming will be a day by day reality... not to mention realmpoint farming.

In the US they have so many servers that only a couple of people will play another realm on another server in the cluster and certainly not the full guildgroups like in Europe.

I would love clustering even if population didn't make it necesarry .. I have friends on Excal I'd like to fight against/alongside... but I seriously don't think it's going to happen.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I prefer clustering and the chance of cross-realming over not having viable RvR at all, thank you. Besides, the clustering would include the PVE realms, so Prydwen/Mid needs it to get the large encounters done. Anyone who isn't past ML4.2 NOW isn't going to pass it ever, until clustering goes in.

GOA can deal with crossrealming when it occurs as they have done in the past. It's not something I will lose sleep over.

Quetz

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Bullshit...

It's not even a case of 'not needing it' ... it's a case of it being totally different from the US .. We just have 2 uk servers that could be clustered ... but the thing is that a HUGE part of the people that play Prydwen play another realm on Excalibur ... there is entire guilds that have "sisterguilds" on the other server/realm. What do you think will happen if you cluster Pryd and Excal? Crossrealming will be a day by day reality... not to mention realmpoint farming.

In the US they have so many servers that only a couple of people will play another realm on another server in the cluster and certainly not the full guildgroups like in Europe.

I would love clustering even if population didn't make it necesarry .. I have friends on Excal I'd like to fight against/alongside... but I seriously don't think it's going to happen.

Crossrealming might become an issue, I don't dispute that. However, low population should be a bigger concern. You play Alb so I don't expect you to know the kind of problems just beginning to show up on Mid/Pryd atm. People are cancelling just because of the low population, I know I will be in a few weeks when my guild splits for pastures new.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
would be nice to see clustered servers, would also solve those arguements of who is the most l337 server of them all!!! jk :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom