Close grats in RvR Discussion Forum

Should Grats Thread Be removed from RvR Discussion Forum?

• yes

Votes: 191 51.3%
  • no

Votes: 181 48.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
corse it shouldnt otherwise it'd just all be boring whine threads zzzzzzzzz

- English -

Resident Freddy
well tilda just closed this dudes thread 5mins ago for making a pointless one ( in the rvr discussion area )

Anarawan

Fledgling Freddie
This is a General discussion forum.

If you have an opinion just make it so.

Tilda closed my thread in RvR section because (I think) it was not proper in that channel.

Is there a point in grats threads anymore?

I don't see the problem of discussing it.

Btw tilda answer my private message.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
should retarded whinethreads about something which has been discussed 300 times already be removed?

[x] yes
[ ] yes

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Oh look, such an innovative thread. We've never actually thought about this suggestion!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Anarawan said:
This is a General discussion forum.
Yup, and search of FH will show this is the XXXXth time someone has brought this up.

If you have an opinion just make it so.
We have, we all think this thread is pointless, thanks for asking.

Tilda closed my thread in RvR section because (I think) it was not proper in that channel.
Tilda would have moved it, not deleted it.

Is there a point in grats threads anymore?
Why not ya miserable git, or is it just that you havnt had one yet? QQ

I don't see the problem of discussing it.
Apart from as mentioned, its been flogged way to much already, search for an old thread and resurect it, that will get closed too.

Btw tilda answer my private message.
Replying to QQs by PM may result in RSI, and may result in a claim against you, Tilda I suggest this one : http://www.injurylawyers4u.co.uk/

Dukat

Resident Freddy
:eek7: Fucking what? :puke:

Grats threads contain a moderate amount of discussion if you actually read them.

The majority of posts in there are 'gratz' etc etc, its true, however a few regulars post what they think of the player, weather that player is worthy of respect (in thier opinion) and just generally friendly talk.

What is it about them that you dont like?

Its not like you can actually lose somthing from a gratz thread, they dont spam enough to block out quality posts because if the post is quality people will be posting in it and keeping it at the top.

If you did get rid of them people would just lose out because they cant see who'se dinged what rr this week (/social doesnt last that long) and what people think of that person, agreed, rr5 or below usually arent really much concern to many people, but rr6 or 7 dings are more important, people from other realms will want to post in them and show what they think of that player.

Its as much a discussion as half the posts on the rvr forum, and being a complete arsehole about it and taking away something that alot of people enjoy reading would be stupid cruel and pointless.

Its like taking the coffee machine away at work because _YOU_ dont like coffee, fuck everyone else, _YOU_ dont so everyone else will have to go without.

If enough people desperately dont want to see gratz threads, put an option in to /ignore gratz threads, that way people who want to see them will see them, those that dont see them wont have to.

Shouldnt be all that hard(afaik), just put a tick box in the 'post new topic' bit so that the forum can tell if its a gratz thread, then add an option in the user cp to either show or hide threads with a 'gratz threads' flag.

Simply getting rid of them is a small-minded and heavy handed way of doing things.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Gratz threads are fine. People worked hard to get to their Realm Ranks and they deserve them. if you don't like em, ignore em. It's not like the RVR forum is a meaningful addition to FH anyway. :)

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Remove gratz threads imo, all they amount to is QQing and whining, cause everyone who plays the game has someone out there who dislikes them, so remove them imo

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
Gratz threads are fine. People worked hard to get to their Realm Ranks and they deserve them. if you don't like em, ignore em. It's not like the RVR forum is a meaningful addition to FH anyway. :)

agree to 100%..

it aint hard to just, skip a thread if it has a "Grats" in the title if one do not wish to read those kind of threads. Plain and simple. Its just 100% pure antfucking when whining about it.

Notirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Hardly ever read a gratz thread , but they dont bother me.
Noone is forcing you to read them (i think)

A

Aoln

They already added a rank6+ limit (think its 6 and over anyway) so it's fine imo, you just sound bitter because you've never achieved one yourself :(

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Anarawan said:
should the Grats thread be removed from RvR discussion forum?

or not?

Why not just fucking ignore them instead?

Don't like it?...fuck off to pryd forum /wave

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
this is almost as old as baseline stun whine :D

voted no, simply because grats thread mostly dont bother me.

Tilda

1) There is a RR6 or above limit.
2) Grats thread allow reminiscing and banter between realms

NEW POLL! Should I lock this thread?!
Also, replied to youre rather rude Pm.

As has been said, nobody makes you read them.

ok?

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
i would vote yes to your idea tilda, but only if you get me a cookie :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
No for three reasons:

1. It'd be a lot of work for mods to keep under control.
2. It's part of DAOC/BW|FH history :)
3. Doesnt' hurt anyone and one of the new positive things on the whiney arsed RvR forums.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
noone is forcing anyone to read it, dont like it dont read it, simple as that

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
should be RR5 tbh still considered to be lvl 51 and only 700 rps away with behmoth so will be making one tomorrow

and i think ibtl

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Behmoth said:
should be RR5 tbh still considered to be lvl 51 and only 700 rps away with behmoth so will be making one tomorrow

and i think ibtl

yeah it's rr5 - tilda typoed :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I heard something about an "Achievements" forum being made for the FH DAoC forums as soon as we get clustered servers (and corresponding forum updates).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom