Clerics in 1.69 and beyond...

swords

Can't get enough of FH
GT is easy with mouse tbh :)
the ae versions are to nerf the silly pb nutters in a box.
i will be using the single target str/con dexx/qui more often than not then moving on to healing which i am profitient in.

I actually believe the lower level spread heal will be more effective personally but its nice as a cleric to have the option to do something else that benefits the group than being the one trick pony as before.

i also dont think that focus shield is all its cut out to be tbh.

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know yet what I'll spec. I'm thinking of these possible specs:

43rej, 31enh, 10smi.
This is my current spec. I'll have blue con dex buff for myself (will have about 320 dex with selfbuffs so that ain't bad). Selfbuffs can't be stripped right? Good healing and ae smite for interupts.

44enh, 30rej, rest smite.
For the buffshearing and lowest spreadheal. Looks tempting.

48rej, 24smi.
Since alot of clerics will spec enhanc most likely, you'll find yourself the only healing cleric in the group. The best spreadheal will actually keep your group alive versus a pbaoebox, and you just use the lower ones if that's all needed. You won't have selfbuffs though so being dex-sheared will be a problem. 24 smite for better mezz and stuff. Don't think 24 enhanc will make much of a difference.

Think I'll stick to my current spec till I see the buffshearing with my own eyes, and see where all the fuzz is about :).

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
IM going 42 rejuv and rest smite with my cleric currently L47(Silidor)
No real point in this spec except i figured with powerfield + smite i can do some soloing on yellow mobs and still not be gimped healer (specced buffs easy to get anyway with all BB around)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
why do clerics who can heal want to become strippers? :eek6:

the ideal candidates for 'grp buffstrip bitch' are the clerics who can't heal. the 'instas down!' type clerics... ;)

pointless taking buffstripping past the aoe str/con imo, yes be nice to strip spec dex off casters and healers but not so nice that u give up all effective healing for it.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
cause stripping + shield maybe more effective dmg deterant than spread heals :D

I never liked spread heals anyhow, healing for the lazy !

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Best setup evah for Albion:

Take a break from the game till the baboons at Mythic hq realize wot they have done with Albion n wake up

Imho uh? :cool:

PS: hi Asha sweetie :wub:

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Vasconcelos said:
Best setup evah for Albion:

Take a break from the game till the baboons at Mythic hq realize wot they have done with Albion n wake up

Imho uh? :cool:

PS: hi Asha sweetie :wub:

Wow!
I just realized im drunk n its 7am CET, n instead calling it a nite n going bed i'm still trolling at FH :puke:

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I can tell from the US boards the shears are largely a waste of time.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Arindra said:
As far as I can tell from the US boards the shears are largely a waste of time.

On the US boards, I usually see SoS referred to as "not needed because my group never runs away" :)

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Konah said:
why do clerics who can heal want to become strippers? :eek6:

the ideal candidates for 'grp buffstrip bitch' are the clerics who can't heal. the 'instas down!' type clerics... ;)

pointless taking buffstripping past the aoe str/con imo, yes be nice to strip spec dex off casters and healers but not so nice that u give up all effective healing for it.
:( konah no <3 4u

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
For a 3 Cleric group, I'd suggest:

Cleric (48 Enh) Perfecter
Cleric (41 Rej 35 Enh) Warlord
Cleric (41 Rej 35 Smi) Perfecter
Theurgist (41 Ice 35 Earth) Convoker
Sorcerer (44 Mind 31 Body) Stormlord
Paladin (42+ Shield 42+ Chants) Battlemaster
Mercenary (50 DW 50 Slash/Crush) Banelord
Mercenary (50 DW 50 Slash/Crush) Banelord

As an alternative Im thinking you could have the 3 clerics and sorc you got there, but with sojourner minstrel, 2 icewizzies and bg armsman. The smite cleric and minstrel on interrupts, while having sos, fz and demezz too. And ofc I prefer a bg armsman for caster groups ;)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Im not so sure the buff stripping is going to be such a big deal to be honest, it will be a pain if you actually give the enemy chance to do it, but whilst there attempting to strip your buffs you could be killing them, and this of cause would work in vice versa also.

Its something to be weary of but I don't think its going to get used as much when the novelty wears of, I wouldn't fret about it to much at this stage.

Personally I think 2 cleric groups would still be best, 1 full rej and 1 with high enhance, the actually figures are irrelivent.

For new frontiers probably:

cleric (rej)
cleric (enh)
Mins
Sorc
Pal
3 X damage tanks, any combination of reavers, friars mercs or armsman, with new purge and the det nerf it wont really matter what the 3 are so long as they know what they are doing, you wont ever find the perfect set up anyway. Would be nice to get a theurg in the group but it means losing something else needed, and 2 damage classes is a little low for fast killing.

As for specs im quite sure Kestrel is staying 50 rej, complain all you like but she likes it.

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
On the US boards, I usually see SoS referred to as "not needed because my group never runs away" :)

Well in the case of buff shearing you have a choice.

1) A cleric spends their time shearing buffs, when the spell (single target one) may or may not be resisted, target may or may not have the specific buff. Best case, in a one minute fight, you remove ten buffs from the opposition. That means, on average, your opponent is down 5 buffs for the duration. 5 buffs out of about 60 (probably more) spread across the opposing group. Only healing they do is instas and possibly the weakest spread heal (not the best instas either - since you specced fro single target shears) note that using spread heal means less buffs sheared.

2) Aoe-shears. Require gimped healing, but you'll probably shear twice as many buffs - lets call it 10 out of 60. 40% instas - no spread heal.

3) Another person using decent single target and spread heals, and at least 75% instas. And an extra healer the opponent needs to interrupt.

With only 8 spaces in the group I know which I'd go for.

Of course - usual disclaimers apply - depends on the skill of the player - play what you enjoy - team that plays together regurlarly > pickup group - your mileage may vary - yadda yadda yadda.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be using them instead of baseline smite as a cheaper more effective interupt tool. with some skill the aoe dex and acruity shears can be smacked on a box and not only interupt but reduce the effectiveness of the casters in the box at the same time.

They are situational but at the end of the day its a nice little tool that gives a you something to do if you get the jump to reduce the effectiveness of the enemy groups dmg dealers.

fatcat

Fledgling Freddie
i'm going to spec 48 enhancement / 24 rejuv, simply because i'm 2cool4school.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
yes, it might be crap, but I wanna try it.

I saw some accounts from mids that said it wasn't crap...

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Arindra said:
Best case, in a one minute fight, you remove ten buffs from the opposition.

All well and good BUT.... don't forget... part of the aim of NF is to make fights last longer, and that may change things.

Morthomme

Fledgling Freddie
May I suggest that there is still a good choice for a cleric to go 40 re/35 smite?

With all the zomBBies around a secondary specced smite cleric can have the freedom to get rid of enemy pets and even enemy purges and still be able to heal, independent of immediate assistance.

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
43rejuv/rest smite mayb abit of enh to cap bases as anyu pointed out for meh
i seriously cant be arsed with stripping unless developpers might get some brains and either remove this bullshit or make range on 2k and some other stuff wich might make it sound even remotly logical
:twak:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Dantares said:
Going to stick with what I have, 45 Rej. There's way too many buff-bots around as it is and we need real clerics. Shame we can't get another spec line so that we can get a few more points to spend as I am a bit tired of being a one trick wonder. Healer, buffer or smiter.

Yeah i'm staying 45 rejuv too on my cleric... There will be too many other clerics and buffbots still around to group with. And if everyone changes his/her spec to enhancement then who's gonna do the healing? :)

PS: This post was made by Aadia as i couldn't be bothered to change the login on the bf's pc :p

Shannesa

Can't get enough of FH
I will conntinue be the way i am speced now in next patch

with 48 rej i am one of the few who belive us healclerics are still good

with all peoople who have buffbots i still belive heal clerics still are needed oth in rvr and in groueps in toa and on the lands of albions fore groueps

My curent spec draw somew power fore healings but its worth it as long i can bought crack potions

Shaneesa
Lv 50 cleric

48 rej 24 ench 6 Smithe

swords

Can't get enough of FH
well im 39 rejuve atm and my spreads do just over 700 on some people.
i've had 3K+ spreads in total and thats more than enough healing power at less of a cost.

This is why its more effitient than the higher level heals.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Cleric 1, Going 46 enhance, rest rejuv, Ill build temp with extra range and heal bonus. He can buff if peeps are stripped and strip and melee shield.

Cleric 2, (currently plvling, Hope to have him up and running before next weekend) 40r 35e rest smite. Emergancy buffer if group stripper is down, Good healer, Crap defence :)

Cba with cleric 3. havn't played with smite since smite nerf ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom