I think you want to avoid window cleaner, due to the chemicals not playing nicely with the plastic coating of TFTs. A bit of water on a lint free cloth seems to work well, or other people suggest an isopropyl based cleaner.
If someone could whip up a chemical breakdown of the surface, I could probably guess you a good cleaning solution (<quite good with solvents & detergents here)....
I would guess a 30 % solution of ethanol in distilled water (avoid IMS, surgical spirit, cellulose thinnners, methanol, most deterrgents) applied with good old fash cotton wool, followed by more water...obviously, dont press on the screen. If you have some sort of grease problem (or worse, zits), you might like to consider verrry weak deterrgent (one or two drops of fairy in half a bucket of warm). Simple dust...just use simple lense cloth.
/edit...isopropanol can crack some plastics...prolly ok if you dilute it tho...iirc the key problem with these monitors is the antireflective film on the surface..its easily buggered..dont think youll go far wrong with good old distilled (water..not whisky )