Classic Servers with huge impact on the RvR scene

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

mid: cc/all resists/ss4/endregen/3 rezzers/3classes who can heal = 3 chars mend healer/pac healer/shammy

hib: cc/all resists/ss5/endregen/3 rezzers/3classes who can heal = 3 chars bard/warden/druid

alb: cc/all resists/ss4/endregen/3 rezzers/2classes who can heal = 4 chars... sorc/friar/paladin/cleric :twak:

Division

Fledgling Freddie
From my point of view:

1) I agree that ToA was a new and good experience and improved the game in many ways, but the hard truth is that it takes way too much time getting all the items. It's the end game I personally want, which is the rvr after you've gotten all the new items and abilities from Ml's and artifacts.

I agree they should perhabs have tried fix ToA so it would be easier to accuire ML's and Artifacts (and for god sake remove the item leveling, and just make it with like normal drops).

2) I'm currently studying and do rather want to spend my money on something else than a 2nd account for BB.

Let's get to what I like about the new server

1) Like in old days when the server went up, it was very funny to see who got to level 50 first. Of course most (if not all) that has went to the classic servers has already been playing for a good amount of time.

2) You get the chance to get nr. 1 on RR ranking. Currently I highly doubt any here with under 10 mio got a chance to get up on Sheph which does currently have got around 22 mio rp's. Of course it'll end up in the same, where we at a time will get high rr's that ganks other, but who knows? Perhabs I'll be amoung them :) I think that's also one of the many thoughts that makes people hurry to level 50 and get their items as soon as possible.

3) No BB accounts.

4) No time devastating ToA.

Overall: I think in the end that we'll see a good amount of people losing the interest for the server, but it's a great server for those of us that wants to divide our time between in real life and playing a game. You see, here we can just get to level 50 and then get our items (which is easy). Then we can concentrate on RvR and only have to play 1-2 hours a day. Yes, you can also do that on the normal server, but there it'll take impressive long time to attain all ML's and perhabs also artifacts, unless you got a good strong guild :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Konah said:
mid: cc/all resists/ss4/endregen/3 rezzers/3classes who can heal = 3 chars mend healer/pac healer/shammy

hib: cc/all resists/ss5/endregen/3 rezzers/3classes who can heal = 3 chars bard/warden/druid

alb: cc/all resists/ss4/endregen/3 rezzers/2classes who can heal = 4 chars... sorc/friar/paladin/cleric :twak:

You're wrong there Konah. Friar's heal can heal aswell, like shammys and bards can :p

If you want to compare it like this, you have to look at the minimum classes you need to make a group and how much room it leaves for other things.

Hibernia: 2 druids, 1 warden, 1 bard = 4 people, including no damage, just support with 2 types of CC and all resists

Midgard: 2-3 healers, 2 shammys = 4-5 people, including no damage, just support with 2 types of CC and all resists

Albion: 2 clerics, friar, paladin, sorc = 5 people, including a caster dmg dealer and eventually friar/paladin damage dealer, depending on how you spec ( 2h-palas are not THAT bad and on the other side you CAN get a friar to do healing duty )

So basically hibernia can ditch in most support utility in just a few classes, where midgard looses on the secondary healer ( if you don't get the 2nd shammy to spec heal instead of cave ). Albion needs more base classes but depending on their spec, has already some other functions integrated. My opinion, didn't play Albion to lvl 50 +equipment though, only Hib and Mid.

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
Hibernia: 2 druids, 1 warden, 1 bard = 4 people, including no damage, just support with 2 types of CC and all resists

Midgard: 2-3 healers, 2 shammys = 4-5 people, including no damage, just support with 2 types of CC and all resists

Albion: 2 clerics, friar, paladin, sorc = 5 people, including a caster dmg dealer and eventually friar/paladin damage dealer, depending on how you spec ( 2h-palas are not THAT bad and on the other side you CAN get a friar to do healing duty )

Hib dont need warden, can run 2 druids 1 bard as minimum on lamorak.

2 healers 1 shammys as mid with certain setups..

alb can do with 2 clerics sorc..

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
You're wrong there Konah. Friar's heal can heal aswell, like shammys and bards can :p

erm.. the friar is the 2nd healer in that list unless u count pally heal chant? :eek7:

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
liloe said:

Yeah, theyre ok at it, it's fun jumping out of combat for some emergency healing, can be annoying at times though. :p

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Aiming for another ban i see

QQ more noobie...
Would be surprised to get banned for stating the obvious.
It is my strong belief that GoA is a social workplace for the mentally handicapped financed by the French government through EU subsidies.
Regards, Glottis

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
EU classic server: ALL gank guilds roll mid, and hib and albs eventually get tired of it and roll mid too

Brylle Madness

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh I like to Toa up a toon with ml's etc its kinda fun but I would rather play classic server yes. The whole thing that ruined Daoc wasn't Toa if you ask me its NF and all its tower/keep focuses.
Right let Jimmythepost stay inside the keep and use his fine crafted Trebs etc
but thats just not for me.

I rather play Metal Gear Solid series than tower/keep grinding.

Fana said:
Aiming for another ban i see

I think he just missed to take his pills now again.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Konah said:
erm.. the friar is the 2nd healer in that list unless u count pally heal chant? :eek7:

dude =) I was making fun =)) Most of the time friars are healing as much as bards and shammys =))

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Brylle Madness said:
Tbh I like to Toa up a toon with ml's etc its kinda fun but I would rather play classic server yes. The whole thing that ruined Daoc wasn't Toa if you ask me its NF and all its tower/keep focuses.
Right let Jimmythepost stay inside the keep and use his fine crafted Trebs etc
but thats just not for me.

I rather play Metal Gear Solid series than tower/keep grinding.

I think he just missed to take his pills now again.

let's face it, casuals want keep fights and regulars want 1 vs 1 or 8 vs 8 fights, mythic got stuck somewhere in the middle of nowhere...

Talivar said:
Btw what server and realm is everbody on ?:p
Gareth Hib for me

Hiya tali :)

I'm on mid lamorak with a few other ppl from prydwen mids+albs and mid/excal :)

Pop in and say hello imo :p

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
let's face it, casuals want keep fights and regulars want 1 vs 1 or 8 vs 8 fights

That's one of the great DAOC Urban Myths ;)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It takes too long with ToA cause people have no endurance and can't focus on one char or are maybe not social enough. Time is a relative thing. I ran in ROGs till RR5, got my first arti at RR5L4, still ML8 and miss some artifact exp. even I'm fully sorted now item-wise. I play since December '04 actively again and had much fun even being a gimp. It's not that hard to buy some ROGs and SC some cheap 99% armor for starters and have your maxed resists and +75 to the relevant stats.

So, I'm done with that char now PvE wise and I want a new one. Do I want to go through the same process again? No, I know the game better now, I'll join ML-rushes, be ML10 in ~3 weeks, gather the people who helped me and whom I helped to do some artifact raids, level in the BGs with clustering (shouldn't be a problem to get from 20-44 in the BGs) and have a second toy to play with.

ToA has problems, but the main problem for me is the insange damage output it brought with little adjustment to the defence.

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
give buff range on exc as well and i come back, i dont care about toa aint that hard but would make it better with no buffbots

prOx^^

Fledgling Freddie
ok

Hey, i play on the us server (percival) and its thrue that almost 50 % of al players have change to the Classic servers if not even more. Would guess on 60-70% of al players on US, the Classic servers use to be full. I've been start playing as Mid on Lamorak ( one of the two Classic server ) but its sux because i have to beat one of best Guild even Maelstrom:( And that nimue guild Trip that have rr6+ guildgroup already:S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom