classic server poll

Classic server - FH Poll

• I will be moving to Classic, but not sure which realm.

Votes: 48 8.5%
  • I will be moving to Classic, and will probably play Mid

Votes: 69 12.2%
  • I will be moving to Classic, and will probably play Hib

Votes: 79 14.0%
  • I will be moving to Classic, and will probably play Alb

Votes: 55 9.8%
  • I will try out classic but will return to my main server/realm

Votes: 80 14.2%
  • I was effected by the Prydwen item Crash, and will move to classic to have a fresh start :-(

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • I will not move to the Classic server

Votes: 180 31.9%
  • WTF is classic server?

Votes: 8 1.4%
  • I dont care...

Votes: 36 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Aeoric said:
No ToA
No ML's
No Artifacts

NF RA's ?
Catacombs Classes ?

So Bards and Skalds with SoS,
Vampiirs, + uninterruptible Bainshees and Warlocks
but no +dexcap/+casting speed for Sorcs (prolly no MoC/SoI)

uhmm.. yeah.

What a categoric waste of time - who would play
/hardmode Alb in those circustances ?

thats why alb had the best grps on the US classic servers ?

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
stupid pulkl when most ppl alrdy have said in many threads that they wont move

Kasall

Fledgling Freddie
Why did peeps leave the US servers ? is it because the game is dying over there or are the classic servers crap ?
If they are crap why give them to the EU ? :twak:
Yes I know there is a pole but don't you think some peeps learn by their mistakes.
CBA to create new char for classic. Would be nice if you could port chars over from normal servers naked ofc :eek7:

Hediir

Fledgling Freddie
People did not leave US classic servers, people left 1 server LAMORAk, because mid was so overpopulated and zergy that it was not fun at all. Gareth seems to have some kind of balanced population i think, not sure as i don't play there atm. Gareth has about 2400 pupulation at nights sometimes abit less or more.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
The ONLY way I would even consider going would be as part of a fixed group. Even then, I'd have to think about it. Problem is, by the time people wait to see the impact of the Classic servers on Excal/Pryd populations, it might be too late...hard to move Classic because of all the first-day-rolling RR5 Vamps and Locks and too few on Excal/Pryd to make RvR interesting.

Not sure this has been thought through...I'd also love to know who voted 'yes' on the poll for this, since most people are either apathetic or angry, not many that are excited.

What you'll need if you want to reroll successfully and quickly will be a good fixed group (probably tank-based) who can level together and farm DS together. I'd imagine levelling 48-50 in Darkspire would kit out a small army of alts. Some regular Sidi/TG/Galla(?) raids wouldn't hurt either.

This means that the current Gank Guilds are gonna have a massive advantage, so anyone thinking they can 'start again' with everyone at RR0 is in for a nasty shock. Pretty sure if DH/LA/NP/FC/VR/Groove or anyone like that wanted to roll a GG there, they'd have fully-templated RR5 RvR toons before most people even hit 50. Despite the whine about TOA and how it nerfs the casual player, I think MLs and Artis are a great equaliser in RvR. Without these little tricks, I think that the balance of power is going to move even more towards the gank-squads.

So...here's my checklist for Classic rerollers;

• Get a fixed group of no more than 10 active players
  • Make sure everyone is serious and ready to put in a lot of time early on
  • Get some kind of voice comms (Teamspeak or Ventrillo)
  • Think about your group setup and roll something that will be strong in PvE as well as RvR
  • Try to aim to have at least one Spec Buffer and one Nearsighter in your group. NS will be insanely OP on Classic
  • I'd strongly recommend levelling in Adventure Wings to get Aurulite for levelling gear. Quicker than levelling a Tailor/SCer/ACer/WCer
  • Level 48-50 in Darkspire for +cap drops
Alternatively;
  • Roll a Vampiir and laugh at everyone
Now most people have at least one or two TOA'd toons for RvR, it seems strange that people would want to move to a Classic server though. Unless you're desperate to play another realm/class and really can't be bothered to TOA them.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
from the results- it looks like classic is gonna be quiet....

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
saracen 50 shield pala, mob4, dex3 :( ?

blocked fine for me on lamorak.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
i will be moving to the classic servers, purely because buffed stealthers are ruining all the popular BG's

i dont have much time in the day to play (work, friends, family, 5 month old daughter) so 50 RVR is too slow and random for my liking (not tried agamon yet), the BG's are starting to get packed with buffed easy mode steathers.

so classic it is for me.....

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
from the results- it looks like classic is gonna be quiet....

howd you figure that ?

35% said they wouldnt try it
almost 40% said they would be moving to there

15% said they would try it

2% will move there thanks to GOA fudging up

and the rest dont really care.. so on day 1 the stats show 55% of the player base will be there..

the 45% staying will be split into 2 servers, the 55% going will all be on one server.....

/shrugs

Lestat

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
our survey said ......

:m00:

Fun to make a new poll now, so long time after release of classic servers.. All that was 100% interested is allready gone, leaving a very few not online dudes "like me" to answer yes.. AND all the other ToA lubers to vote nope, I dont go classic only for non toa though... Like to try out mythic as company abit to.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Might consider going if part of a set full group, would be at very least quite interesting, but no way if not.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
i will give it a try aswell i think... probably ending up ungrped due to fotm-factor or not the right guild though oO

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ogen said:
So, final death blow inc to daoc? sad :<

Altho Dark and Light looks sweet.. Maybe it could rep it.

www.darkandlight.net

DnL is rapidly turning into vapourware, it should have been released over a year ago and they are still nowhere near ready to launch a public beta or even a stress test. The closed beta has been running for 18 months but only to a select few people on the DnL forums who would never say a bad word about the game no matter how bad it was. 2 years ago DnL looked like it could have made an impact, right now it is starting to look like a 2006 release instead of the 2004 release date promised, it looked stunning 2 years ago but by 2006 it will look below average.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Be off to Classic when it arrives - only 1 account - no intention of getting another so makes sense for me, play a friar on Pryd - could compete if not every player I come up against has better buffs than me :( sad but not ToA that has wrecked the game BBs for me - don't mind ToA - loads of work but can cope without. But lack of BB - never gonna have fun.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Whats really great is, the majority of people who said they are definitly not going over to classic are more often than not, the fully toa'd, ml10, and fully buffed people, so im guessing you wont be missed if you dont move there :)

Someone mentioned it would be /hardmode, i agree it will be, but thats what its about, a game isn't suppose to be easy or you'd get so bored you'd start to pick faults in the game every 5 seconds and cry nerf nerf nerf .... errr

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Kalidur said:
howd you figure that ?

35% said they wouldnt try it
almost 40% said they would be moving to there

15% said they would try it

2% will move there thanks to GOA fudging up

and the rest dont really care.. so on day 1 the stats show 55% of the player base will be there..

the 45% staying will be split into 2 servers, the 55% going will all be on one server.....

/shrugs

we will see.......

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
I read somewhere that the classic servers arnt going to be like the normal ones as in English servers for england, german servers for the germans, but theres gonna be a classic server open to the germans and english.. am i right or was that just a rumour ?

Get [Sg]

Fledgling Freddie
1serveur English =
English +French+Spa+Ita

1serveur Allemand =
Allemand + heu ...

No serveur french :mad:

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
On there as soon as it shows. No buffbots on this server? Game is just a joke with buffbots active all over the place and ruining it. An absolute joke.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Get [Sg] said:
1serveur English =
English +French+Spa+Ita

1serveur Allemand =
Allemand + heu ...

No serveur french :mad:

hah and who said the population count on the classic servers will be low, theres another reason to switch there, if only they'd have a range on buffs on the normal servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom