Votes: 89 14.7%
  • I would move to the classic server completely

Votes: 202 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Most of you are a bunch of hipocrits...If they indeed made classic servers..and even OF classic servers you'd just go back to the QQin u did back then, so whats the point?! I like the way it is now, cept for obvious class imbalances and such.

Ive spent my time grinding ToA stuff and heck if Im gonna loose that play time to go "nostalgic". Never! There will always be stuff in ANY game that ppl wont agree with, thats the way the human mind works. "ow look..someone is better than me..wonder how he does it...he must cheat sumhow...noones better than me!"= QQ on forum.

Bah...Im babbling....less QQ more play!

/Dracus

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Dracus said:
so whats the point?!

the point is to get minimize pve and level the character balance. ToA overpowered casters. give classic and i will go alb with our thid possy :worthy:

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
As long as you can do without Cata you can get US daoc for free ;) And with Cata gfx also. Add 30 dollars for Cata if you want to play a cata class (can get cata items by trade, and its possible to exp other places than cata areas and task dungeons). Monthly fee is about same.

I need some clarification there as I'm playing the 14 days US trial right now. I've installed my EU catacombs version and changed the update.dat, it works all fine and when I start it it says SI activated. If I want to activate Catacombs with the 14 day trial account, do I just need to buy a US copy of catacombs or can't I activate cata with the 14 day trial? And do I need to activate ToA first before activating Catacombs?

Bellona

Banned
Thegreatest said:
I need some clarification there as I'm playing the 14 days US trial right now. I've installed my EU catacombs version and changed the update.dat, it works all fine and when I start it it says SI activated. If I want to activate Catacombs with the 14 day trial account, do I just need to buy a US copy of catacombs or can't I activate cata with the 14 day trial? And do I need to activate ToA first before activating Catacombs?

the popups at start with missing expansions, just click cancel and you can play.

you dont need toa to play on classic servers, and yes, you can activate a us catacombs with your trial account.

polza

Loyal Freddie
Hamro said:
the point is to get minimize pve and level the character balance. ToA overpowered casters. give classic and i will go alb with our thid possy :worthy:

aha thats why most peps run tank groups

Neo

Loyal Freddie
If people reeeeally wanna play on classic servers, just move to U.S.
Problem solved, u get ur fun, and we who wanna stay on our servers
get our fun. Every1s happy right ?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Can't casters still get cast speed and plus dex cap / int cap with Cats items ?

So won't they cast just as fast on Classic as TOA ?

Or am i missing something ?

Many people will still level up solo with buffbots, rather than group, so don't expect it to be too old school. And if you prefer grouping, you can still do it !

Darzil

andree

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Many people will still level up solo with buffbots, rather than group, so don't expect it to be too old school. And if you prefer grouping, you can still do it !

Darzil
That aint the case on the US servers atleast... never had any problem to find a random grp for lvlin, and the taskmasters are a natural assembly point for players at your lvl makin it even easier to find a grp :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
andree said:
That aint the case on the US servers atleast... never had any problem to find a random grp for lvlin, and the taskmasters are a natural assembly point for players at your lvl makin it even easier to find a grp :)

Not the case - yet. When US servers started we all grouped like nice little kids for the first 10 months. THEN bots spung up all over the place. Once people have a couple of level 50s you'll have bots, it's bound to happen.

Bellona

Banned
Kami said:
Not the case - yet. When US servers started we all grouped like nice little kids for the first 10 months. THEN bots spung up all over the place. Once people have a couple of level 50s you'll have bots, it's bound to happen.

but the exp you get from you+bot is so fucking far from the one a fg gets in a taskdungeon/instance, ofc you can do it with bot just for the bonus.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Hamro said:

Have you spoken to them about it? :p coz theyre trying to get me to go Hib if classic starts here >_<

/Dracus

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Neo said:

Yeah I love playing totally off-peak hours beacuse they are 5-7 hours behind.

And one of the other posters was right, you guys are selfish, the only reason some people dont want another server, is because you know how many people do want one, and it would leave your home server with a low population.

Plus the thread is totaly bias from begining with everyone jumping in on how bad the servers actually are, if thats the case.. what are you afraid of?

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Dracus said:
Have you spoken to them about it? :p coz theyre trying to get me to go Hib if classic starts here >_<

/Dracus

read our forum! :worthy:

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Yeah I love playing totally off-peak hours beacuse they are 5-7 hours behind.

Even in the most offpeak time there is far more people on the classic servers than excalibur. At 5pm GMT there is generally 2000-2500 odd people on, rising to at least 3000 by 7pm GMT.. There are HEAPS of euros already on the servers.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
The population on US Classic server is kinda better actually as doing /who at 7PM GMT shows about 600 people in my raelm and at 1AM GMT its still 600-700 people, whereas on EU servers /who at 7PM shows 400 and at 1AM its about 150 ;)

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Even in the most offpeak time there is far more people on the classic servers than excalibur. At 5pm GMT there is generally 2000-2500 odd people on, rising to at least 3000 by 7pm GMT.. There are HEAPS of euros already on the servers.

Thegreatest said:
The population on US Classic server is kinda better actually as doing /who at 7PM GMT shows about 600 people in my raelm and at 1AM GMT its still 600-700 people, whereas on EU servers /who at 7PM shows 400 and at 1AM its about 150 ;)

The population at those hours may be fine, but do you think big public raids like sidi raids or such will be schedueled to cater for europeans? Also dont you think the numbers are going to lower soon enough?

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
The population at those hours may be fine, but do you think big public raids like sidi raids or such will be schedueled to cater for europeans? Also dont you think the numbers are going to lower soon enough?

No we think not, couse ToA is retarded and casters groups are even more retarded. Tanks > casters anytime anyday..

But OF would rock on the classic tho :< NF is retarded

LaVerole

Fledgling Freddie
Neo said:

And WTF if they do one classic server in EU ? Are u afraid to lose people on ur TOA server ? And if TOA server poputaion decrease it s maybe cause more people than u think want play on classic server ?

So stop ur selfish, a lot of EU want a EU classic server, nobody force u to play in u can stay on ur TOA server but let people play on an EU classic server if they want.
Or i have an other idee give ur credit card bumber to evry EU who want play on classic and all will be happy, right ? :eek7:

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
If they made a non TOA, non NF server I would play on it and have my main char there. I dont like TOA, the artifacts, MLs etc as they really are for the powergamers. The average casual player struggles to get the MLs dont, and get artifacts activated and lvl'd up.

Tears said:
Opps i forgot the other poll option

Im impatient, and have already moved to the USA classic server

:)

Thats what i did - and i like it alot its not as crowded as the 1st week in rvr. Things start to settle down and you get more n more 8v8 imo.

About soloing - its not dead u can solo very well, and by using self buff charges/af charges ( wich u get LOADS from in DS ) makes a dead vamp. I'm a skald so on hybrid dmg table yet i hit rr3-5 vamps for 400-600 anytime dmg, with self buffs. The stealth scene is actually healthy on this server, there is a a handfull of regular stealthers that run about, most in pairs since they r unbuffed and kinda juicy :p ( Have yet to see my 1st infil ~ )

P.S I think your right about it beeing a problem that the EU classic server if there is one to come will have so many diff ppl from all the EU countries making it chaos with all the french, german,spanish,italian spammed everywhere.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Spankya said:
If they made a non TOA, non NF server I would play on it and have my main char there. I dont like TOA, the artifacts, MLs etc as they really are for the powergamers. The average casual player struggles to get the MLs dont, and get artifacts activated and lvl'd up.

Imo ML's are much easier. Did whole ml1 and ml2 with 1fg+bb w/o pet spam abit under 4h including farming 2 rubys that we only had to use 1 of. Ml9 phoenix is still a pain with 4.2 but those the only "hard" steps that you need a zerg or very good team play to do.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Well I just activated on american classic servers tonight, all I can say whoa. I picked alb because I know some people there and its the underpopulated realm, but haha theres like 70+ people in the newbie guild, and you see people all over the place exping the old way.

If goa make a classic server im gonna join it instantly!

Please goa consider making one :D

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
id move classic without a doubt. if we arent getting it i dont know if ill quit. i like toa rvr but it takes too long to get a character done.

Brite

Banned
half the people who want it can go to US and play it

the other half that dont, do not want there current servers ruined just so others can play classic when they can play it somwhere else

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
definitely NO

A EU classic server (which isnt really that classic - you still have NF, catacombs (darkspire items + new classes), and the upcoming darkness rising with the champion weapons, which according to mythic, should be about equivalent to the popular artifact weapons).

Yes, the mean time to RvR is lower on a classic server but you still have to farm if you want to be competitive - instead of artifacts and MLs you will have to get darkspire items (which are admittedly less time consuming to get hold of).

The problem is that there are just not enough english players. If we would actually get a classic server it will be camlann-like: basically an english server, which is also used by the french and german players (and now also italian and spanish). I am sure there would be quite a few of the english players who would roll a new toon on that server, which would cause problems for the Excalibur/Prydwen cluster due to a decreasing population.

Personally I really don't like the so-called classic servers. ToA was a craptastic expansion pack, which caused lots of trouble and also lead to many people leaving the game but the classic servers are only a temporary bandaid and if you really want to play on them go create a US account.

Talsar

Albion Legend
Been watching the recent reports from US classic very closely. I would think it would give a boost to Daoc in the EU.

Alot of people left due to TOA, and not only that but there is a few nostalgic people still playing current servers who dream of the good old days

It should in theory bring back alot of people to Daoc.

All i would ask is that they allow the server to "auto pull" Pgy Goblins in Lyonesse, omg that was some fun back then ;)

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
definitely NO

A EU classic server (which isnt really that classic - you still have NF, catacombs (darkspire items + new classes), and the upcoming darkness rising with the champion weapons, which according to mythic, should be about equivalent to the popular artifact weapons).

Yes, the mean time to RvR is lower on a classic server but you still have to farm if you want to be competitive - instead of artifacts and MLs you will have to get darkspire items (which are admittedly less time consuming to get hold of).

You dont need darkspire items at all at all, whats the advantage of a Darkspire suit over a standard sc suit? 25str cap and maybe a tiny bit of melee speed, anyone can just a regular SC suit with one or two Cats merchant items and have roughly 20str cap with ease. Less time consuming? Rofl not even on the same scale as ToA and I cant believe they were compared.

Garbannoch said:
The problem is that there are just not enough english players. If we would actually get a classic server it will be camlann-like: basically an english server, which is also used by the french and german players (and now also italian and spanish). I am sure there would be quite a few of the english players who would roll a new toon on that server, which would cause problems for the Excalibur/Prydwen cluster due to a decreasing population.

Whats the problem with this? So what if the server would be like camlann and have only a small english speaking population? We allready have things like this on prydwen, the Norskken alliance, only scandanavian speakers can join, and its a very big alliance, and it doesnt hurt the server at all at all, infact they probably the main pillar of the realm as so to speak.

Garbannoch said:
Personally I really don't like the so-called classic servers. ToA was a craptastic expansion pack, which caused lots of trouble and also lead to many people leaving the game but the classic servers are only a temporary bandaid and if you really want to play on them go create a US account.

Go create a US account? What about the French / German / Spanish / Italian players? Are they supposed to go US aswell? But isnt that a problem like you said in your previous paragraph?

Its simple, what you wrote is all waffle, your simply afraid your server is going to suffer population wise, and thats fair enough. But think why your server might suffer.. Its because alot of people want these servers. And have you even played them yet? Im not actually a fan of the buff restrictions, but its still the best server type by far.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
You dont need darkspire items at all at all, whats the advantage of a Darkspire suit over a standard sc suit? 25str cap and maybe a tiny bit of melee speed, anyone can just a regular SC suit with one or two Cats merchant items and have roughly 20str cap with ease. Less time consuming? Rofl not even on the same scale as ToA and I cant believe they were compared.

You also don't "need" ToA items on regular servers. Darkspire items will give a casters 26 dex cap and 5% cast speed - which means with 1-2 more levels of aug dex he will have the same cast speed as a fully ToAed caster. You have to be kidding yourself to believe that any serious player will run around in anything else than an opted darkspire suit. Add in the new champion weapons from DR (equivalent to artifact weapons according to mythic) and you are there again.

Melachi said:
Whats the problem with this? So what if the server would be like camlann and have only a small english speaking population? We allready have things like this on prydwen, the Norskken alliance, only scandanavian speakers can join, and its a very big alliance, and it doesnt hurt the server at all at all, infact they probably the main pillar of the realm as so to speak.

The difference is that scandinavians are willing to speak english if it's necessary and they also have the necessary language skills to lead a more or less fluent conversation. I am austrian and my main language is german and I can assure you that many german/austrian/swiss players just don't have the necessary skill to communicate more or less fluently in english.
On excalibur or prydwen I have never met anyone who couldn't speak english. On camlann I have met dozens of french who couldn't (wouldn't?) speak english and it would be the same for german i guess if it wasn't my mother tongue.

Melachi said:
Its simple, what you wrote is all waffle, your simply afraid your server is going to suffer population wise, and thats fair enough. But think why your server might suffer.. Its because alot of people want these servers. And have you even played them yet? Im not actually a fan of the buff restrictions, but its still the best server type by far.

"Afraid" is the wrong word cause when the game is dead it's dead. It's not like I suffer irl from it or anything. It would be a big economical mistake by GoA to create a classic server in europe: basically half the population (rough estimation) will move to the classic server leaving the old servers in an unplayable state. In case of the english servers (which by then will be a cluster) cannot be clustered to any more servers since europe only got excal and pryd as english servers. Players from the old servers will gradually leave as the population drops (vicious circle)...
Hence I think making a classic server is a good idea for the US but a bad idea for europe since we lack servers that could be clustered (look at the US: there are now clusters consisting of up to 5 servers).

epoxy

Fledgling Freddie
wil be plenty of ppl after this clustring. a eu classic server would be nice i think .
go us ,lwell then u have to buy youre 54 acc to do that better to add same as they have here .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom