Votes: 89 14.7%
  • I would move to the classic server completely

Votes: 202 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
As we now have the options to post for Polls, lets see how this goes.

But remember :-

A classic server would probably follow the same guidelines as Camlann (PvP) one server for all languages, and in English - we all know the fun thats had on Camlann.. dont we.

NF and Catas are based on a server with ToA, Vampiirs for example would be so much powerfull than a standard non buffed character (and with buffs having range, solo play could be limited or non existant)

ToA introduced many new items that people use in templates, without this its back to mundane farming in the SI epic dungeons

---------

Ranged Buffs : game will be more accessible for those players with only one account and no buff bot

No more slogging through the Master levels just to be on level ground with your enemy

A chance to start on a server where everyone is level 1 again

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
already are 2 classic servers where you get the latest patch all the time :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Opps i forgot the other poll option

Im impatient, and have already moved to the USA classic server

:)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Personally I liked RvR after ToA, running about in the original Emain Macha with reasonably balanced caster/tank groups. Although ToA's master levels were damn awkward back then, they're considerably easier for the majority of people these days, same as the artifact encounters. Hopefully we'll get a similar feeling with Agramon coming soon.

But anyway, considering that you have to start again from scratch with your characters, why not just move to the US classic servers? I'd seriously doubt theres enough players on existing servers for a new classic server per language, we'd just end up with a Camlann.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed, i remember my first ML2 raid taking 5hours - did one last night in 1 hour

Things have got much easier, if we had a classic server I would drop an alt on there for some fun (bit like camlan) but Excal is my main server and always will be now.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i think a classic server would work well for english players who are currently consigned to two realms only . Although if there was a classic server it would have to be justified no point gutting the already existing servers for a new classic server, why have 2 low pop servers when you can have 1 high pop server.

Personally though TOA is far better than classic, classic was boring and needed somthing for post level 50 as getting to 50 isnt hard any more.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
ToA introduced many new items that people use in templates, without this its back to mundane farming in the SI epic dungeons

I dont know anyone who would bother to get SI epic dungeon gear...
A close to perfect template ( two 25/6 stat caps , capped con and resists , 3/4% melee/casting speed ) can be templated using quest gear, DS gear and 99% qual SC'ed armour.

Your character can be fully ready for rvr in less than 3 weeks :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
I dont know anyone who would bother to get SI epic dungeon gear...
A close to perfect template ( two 25/6 stat caps , capped con and resists , 3/4% melee/casting speed ) can be templated using quest gear, DS gear and 99% qual SC'ed armour.

Your character can be fully ready for rvr in less than 3 weeks :)

In alb alot of people farmed the SI dungeon for the heal procs, guess this would still be the case ?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
In alb alot of people farmed the SI dungeon for the heal procs, guess this would still be the case ?

The heal procs are way overated, no way are they worth the effort. abalatives are fine and from what I have heard seem to proc more often.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Single account owner here - so Classic server be very tempting for me, can't see me getting a 2nd account for a while due to budget constraints - Mortgage/Kids/Ex-wife etc. etc :/

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Where's the option for 'I'm not interested in Classic server and don't want one added here'.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
If your so sure classic servers would kill English servers, just goes to show how much Mythic/GoA got it wrong. For as long as I have been playing always heard decent re NF/ToA and most realise that even NF would be Bearable without ToA stuff - not for all, granted but us poor single account not full time playing types be good. Cata has made it easier for me, and was a welcome arrival. Even I have some ToA bits done but real hard to find groups doing it when I am about, and very time consuming for abilities that are fast becoming essential to compete.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
clasic server with Old frontiers = good
Clasic server with New frontiers = suxx

well that is just imo :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
clasic server with Old frontiers = good
Clasic server with New frontiers = suxx

well that is just imo :)

My thoughts too - if you take out ToA, you should really remove all add ons from after ToA too.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
classic server with Old frontiers = good
Classic server with New frontiers = suxx

word !! If they had OF on the classic server i would "consider" it,
but with NF i wont even give it a though.

Reebs

Loyal Freddie
give classic server. That is what I love about the game and it will bring back memories when I actually enjoyed game.

Exping in atla/nisses/spindel/varulvhamn etc. etc.

No more /who moderna

/t lalal want sm + leech

2 days later ding lvl 50

4-5 weeks later, got artis to level 10, ml:s done and ready for rvr.

zz this class is boring, perhaps roll and alt?

No way Jose, Toa fucked your alts so you cant roll some toons just for fun. TADAM!

Toa screwed the game. I could live with NF etc. but all the silly hings toa brought blows.

Ps. Prudil, Gizor and PimpNacabuta rox my box.

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
well i tried to get items for new template for Deep looked onn CM will cost a ttotal of over 150plat...ouchie ouchie ouchie
before toa had a fully sc 100% quality set with capped everything for a lot less.
now im not saying TOA is crap,just pointing out the fact that most people do have a social life and work to consider so i really can't spend the time camping an artifact for 18 hrs whilst it pops and then finding out that when i kill it the bloody thing doesn't drop
most guys i know left due to the TOA timesink and i,m sure they would come back for a classic server
so in afew weeks could have a good full group all ready and just concentrate on the bit of the game that we like most pvp
deepfried

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
"most guys i know left due to the TOA timesink"

I feel the same way. The problem is that even after all this fixes to ToA, old players not necessarily know of them so they do not resubsribe since they think they have to get through it all again if the wanna roll an alt.

I'm not a ToA fanboi myself and i don't have the experience from the latest patches what have been done, but i'll assume it's less time consuming now... or?

/Gashemi

Bellona

Banned
Tears said:
My thoughts too - if you take out ToA, you should really remove all add ons from after ToA too.

first of all, 3500 players in old frontier, which then only would be emain or odins, is too fucking crowded and would be zerg only.

the problem you people have is the romantic memories of old frontiers.

now we just got the "old frontier" island on us, and its too small, hilly, crowded, zergs, camping mliegates etc, its just not that good, atleast not if you want some grp on grp action.

warlocks aint really any better than anything else, we kill them fast, they dont really 1-2shot any of us, havent really lost due o a grp having warlocks.

being a stealther is ofc something different, no buffbots, so the ubers will be ranger and hunter due to their selfbuffs.

there is like ALOT of vampiirs, but they always get rolled over by fgs, have no idea why ppl roll them and try to solo on lamorak.

farming is done pretty quick compared to toa, just some darkspire runs, which besides items gives like 200g+ in cash.

with a 99% armor set, darkspire items and quest items you can have a template like my bms with 100str 89con 100qui all resists capped(only one at 22), +360hp 4%meleespd.

and leveling in the taskdungeons+cata quests is awesome fast exp.

so all in all, its alot better than with toa, and NF and catacombs is no drawback if you ask me, wouldnt trade it for classic+si only.

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
- You'll still have to roll through Darkspire (Cats) for sets (But it's instance, with set fg you can get your stuff done in a week and drops are guaranteed)
- No buffbot is probably best thing to happen ever (playing US). No more gay "too many died, port back or lets suic/MGW so we can get buffs". Makes game so much more fun
- Vampiirs generally aren't so bad. Only thing is that due vamps the stealtherpop is low as hell
- Albs can run 2 buffers
- Mids shouldn't QQ about 2 shaman setups, look at alb setups and compare DPS classes.
- Gotta keep saving purge for nearsight, makes gameplay more interesting.
- Initial mezz is less important (no SW and almost all groups have SoS, altho NS showed that can do without).
- No TOA dps so longer fights for teh love.

On the bad side at least Lamorak is a zergfest atm, especially with Assjam island introduced. I guess it'll quiet down with time.

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
i miss waiting in cs for sport tbh, and the gate outside to the frontiers was more realistic tbh. now cs is dead u can insta port. and u have to port into the frontiers. No Darkness falls fights either :(

and god i miss old Thidranki, new thid sucks big time.

A server with classic + si + old frontiers and catacombs would be the best to this game. i would even delete all my chars for such server.

Just my 2cent :)

LaVerole

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
a classic server would kill the english servers :(

goto US

So selfish, and what about the people who want it and cant aford a new game ?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
LaVerole said:
So selfish, and what about the people who want it and cant aford a new game ?

As long as you can do without Cata you can get US daoc for free ;) And with Cata gfx also. Add 30 dollars for Cata if you want to play a cata class (can get cata items by trade, and its possible to exp other places than cata areas and task dungeons). Monthly fee is about same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom