Classic Camelot won't launch

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Ok so, i just formatted my computer and reinstalled Camelot and SI. SI launches up nicely, but when i try to launch camelot.exe, nothing happens. It shows the hourglass mouseicon for maybe 0.5sec and then.. nothing. I had this problem ages ago but i can't recall how i fixed it :| Anyone got ideas? Nothing is corrupted, i reinstalled recently. Also firewall is not blocking the .exe from launching, update.dat is there. (patch.dat not, tried copying it over from SI folder, no help)

Cyfr

Banned
Is it the first time you have opened classic camelot? If so, I think you need to have the cd in the drive while you open it. :)

Susanna

Fledgling Freddie
I never had to have the CD in the drive to start classic Camelot. I did, however, have to disable my antivirus software the first time I started it, else I'd get the exact same problem Shan is describing. Might want to give that a go, it could work.

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Susanna said:
I never had to have the CD in the drive to start classic Camelot. I did, however, have to disable my antivirus software the first time I started it, else I'd get the exact same problem Shan is describing. Might want to give that a go, it could work.

Didn't help :\ Shut down FW also.

Susanna

Fledgling Freddie
Have you tried starting the executable directly from the program folder? There could be something wrong with the shortcut(Okay, yes, I may be reaching here). If you haven't changed the locations for the install, it'd be C:\Shrouded Isles\camelot.exe.

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Susanna said:
Have you tried starting the executable directly from the program folder? There could be something wrong with the shortcut(Okay, yes, I may be reaching here). If you haven't changed the locations for the install, it'd be C:\Shrouded Isles\camelot.exe.

1st: SI works, Classic doesn't
2nd: I've tried both Shortcut and Camelot.exe, also tried to Run it.

Susanna

Fledgling Freddie
Oh. D'oh. Brainfart. Sorry. I knew it was classic, really I did. ;)

Anyway, I've noticed that when SI installs, it does something to the classic folder as well, copies some files, I think. Your install may have borked something up there. Try reinstalling the classic client but leave off the SI?

Yeah, I'm definitely grasping for straws here.

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Susanna said:
Oh. D'oh. Brainfart. Sorry. I knew it was classic, really I did. ;)

Anyway, I've noticed that when SI installs, it does something to the classic folder as well, copies some files, I think. Your install may have borked something up there. Try reinstalling the classic client but leave off the SI?

Yeah, I'm definitely grasping for straws here.

Reinstalled Camelot already after installing SI. No luck. Have had both on computer earlier, they don't interfere.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Uninstall SI, reinstall Classic, run classic once, reinstall SI. Should work this way.

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
i had this problem...if you installed SI BEFORE classic thats why it dont work.. the ONLY way to get it to work again is uninstall SI and FULLY patch Classic first putting in your CD KEY THEN install SI.... if like me you lost CLassic due to a virus and had to reinstall it wont load...even if you dbl click the icon.. YOU DEFINATELY NEED TO UNINSTALL SI AND FULLY PATCH CLASSIC TRUST ME!!

Cyfr

Banned
Hmm well.. I just installed classic after SI and it works oO

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
Cyfr said:
Hmm well.. I just installed classic after SI and it works oO

the problem isnt installing it after SI its patching classic first
you HAVE to patch classic first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom