Clash of the Titans

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure if anyone else has seen this, I knew Liam Neeson was working on a few projects, but didn't know about this film.

For those who are unfamiliar with the story... [1981]
A film adaption of the myth of Perseus and his quest to battle both Medusa and the Kraken monster to save the Princess Andromeda

The new one:
A remake of the 1981 film version of the myth of Perseus and his quest to battle both Medusa and the Kraken monster in order to save the Princess Andromeda.

A few screens...
liam-neeson-zeus.jpg

&

clash-of-the-titans-still.jpg

Was a massive fan of the originals... not seen any trailers yet but will keep an eye out :)

Nate

FH is my second home
OoooooooOOOooooooOoOOOOooohhhhhh!!!!!!!! <explodes in his pants!!>

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
How dare they :eek:

I wish they would leave my beloved films alone ffs, what next a remake of Jason and the Argonauts (or have they already done that)?

Bastards.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
OMFG I was trying to remember the name of this film at work this week!!!!!

Legend!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well, first movie was rather shit so i doubt this will be any better.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Clash of the Titans was a long way from shit, it was a seminal fantasy film. But now you have attention, so you will keep talking bollocks :(

Trem

Clash of the Titans was a long way from shit, it was a seminal fantasy film. But now you have attention, so you will keep talking bollocks :(

Exactly, anyone who doesn't get the original is a gay of massive proportions, anyone who doesn't see what it did has aids of the brain.

It was a special film that should not be messed with like this :eek:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Exactly, anyone who doesn't get the original is a gay of massive proportions, anyone who doesn't see what it did has aids of the brain.

It was a special film that should not be messed with like this :eek:

you just go back to your punto and everything will be fine... :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

no i dont think so. i said what i liked about it and i'l leave it at that. i dont have to argue about it :)

unless you really really want to that is :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, the original is a classic, that said though it could be improved upon if done right but sadly Hollywood seems to have completely lost knack of doing good sequels or remakes these days.

Trem

you just go back to your punto and everything will be fine... :)

I sure will, and my Kawasaki and my manly pick-up, everything will be just fine.

You on the other hand dislike CotT and that can't be repaired nor ignored :eek:

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
Remake of Clash of the Titans has the potential to be amazing, as long as Hollywood don't fuck it up and over CG everything. Stygian witches look pretty cool though....wonder how medusa and the Kraken will look?
Do you know when its due out?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I sure will, and my Kawasaki and my manly pick-up, everything will be just fine.

You on the other hand dislike CotT and that can't be repaired nor ignored :eek:

well what can i say?

i have taste :)

Nate

FH is my second home
You just seem to have a lot of turd on your tongue though... ;o

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meh, you are wrong in nearly 99.9% of your statements on these forums ctuchik, can't see why this time should be any different

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Looking fun!

And it even has the awesomeness that is Pete Postlethwaite. Wierdly, he looks exactly the same as he has for the last 3 decades.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
looks awesome! but then so has every other let down film trailer i've seen the past several years. really like neeson, he rarely disapoints.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The film looks great, just have to shut my ears from all the crying "originals should be originals" babies :p

It's hard to get immersive with a 20 year old film when a kraken is a flailing man in a tentacle rubber suit...no wait that's TdC...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
The film looks great, just have to shut my ears from all the crying "originals should be originals" babies :p

It's hard to get immersive with a 20 year old film when a kraken is a flailing man in a tentacle rubber suit...no wait that's TdC...

Indeed. The original was just a trashy take on Greek mythology, fun but not exactly Shakespeare. I'm looking forward to this for the same reasons :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I loved the clock work owl ... bet they screw with that :( some sort of uber spirit or something instead

cant match with the stop motion capture of the original like the sinbads and jason and the argo's (not the shop :p)

wasnt it harry housen or something that did those .. think his name is wrong but its close

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ray Harryhausen, aye. He was a bit of a god in the sci-fi stop-animation world back in the day.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Saw it this evening. I thought the ending was poor, so much so it overshadowed what had been a fun (if brainless) film until then. Certainly not as seminal as the original, although Gemma Arterton is (exceedingly!) good to watch. The special effects were quite decent but nothing to write home about.

The whole Man v God angle was excruciatingly lame, and I'd have probably enjoyed it more if it had stayed more faithful to the Greek legend.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
ray harryhausen must be turning in his grave

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
creatives arnt creative these days they just steal from the past imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom