Clarkson (again)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Calling someone a one eyed Scottish git isn't exactly the worst insult in the world.
Yes it's insensitive over someone only having eyesight in one eye... but seriously.
You'd think he'd said the N-word the amount of press coverage this is getting.

Anything but the economy I guess is the order of the day for politicians.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
At last, I'm glad to see condemnation where someone has pulled the race of the Scots into the insult. Making a dig at someone's disability and race in such a cavalier and public fashion is the height of conceit, arrogance and insensitivity.

"one-eyed Scottish idiot" is the same as "spasticated Arab" in the inappropriate stakes.

Personally, I couldn't really care because I have a sense of humour.

Embattle

FH is my second home
TBH the usual OTT reaction to something Clarkson says.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
what i want to know is, if it was in Oz on stage, who the fuck complained? i bet no-one who complained saw it, much like 95% of people who complained about the Brand/Ross call

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Um, if Clarkson had said "he's an idiot", surely no-one would have been complained? (Its a personal opinion, but everyone's entitled to one, and a lot of people would agree). But by adding two facts to the start of the statement, its somehow offensive? I don't get it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
from teh link
Scottish Labour leader Iain Gray joined in the criticism.
"Such a comment is really a reflection on Jeremy Clarkson and speaks for itself," he said.
"Most people here are proud that the prime minister is a Scot and believe him to be the right person to get the UK through this global economic crisis."

Who are these "most people" and can we have them shot.

old.user4556

Ignore the Scottish Parliament, you'd get more sense from the chippy along the road from Hollyrood.

DaGaffer

lying bastard MP said:
"Most people here are proud that the prime minister is a Scot and believe him to be the right person to get the UK through this global economic crisis."

There's not a single thing in that statement that's true, and yet Clarkson says something that's mostly correct and gets opprobrium. What a world.

old.user4556

The problem is that the BBC (and I hate the BBC, I might add) will leap onto any non-news that vaguely resembles the Ross/Brand situation.

What Clarkson said wasn't appropriate, I don't think it's anything to do with saying he's an idiot. It was the race and disability parts (no matter how true) that have ruffled the feathers.

If someone said Richard Pryor was a crap and unfunnny comedian, that would be fine. If someone said he was a unfunny, sclerosis ridden black man ...

See my point?

Mey

Part of the furniture
I'm with Big G as soon as you bring someones race and disability into an insult it becomes bad form.

DaGaffer

Look, calling him a "Moronic Jock cyclops" is insulting, "one-eyed Scottish Idiot" is not (apart from the idiot bit, which amazingly no-one cares about). If we're now saying you can't even use the actual nouns that describe a person anymore, where do we stop? I can't believe how thin-skinned people are becoming. Gordon Brown is a politician. Theoretically the most powerful man in Britain. He's not an oppressed minority, he's not in need of "protection", but its easier for spin doctors to pounce on non-issues to distract the peasants from the real shit that's going on. I used the quote from the MP above to illustrate a point; the guy basically lied to journalist's faces and no-one sees fit to pick him up on it, bacause a lazy story about Jeremy Clarkson will get you more page impressions. Its fucking laughable, and even by writing about it here, I'm improving the BBC's SEO ranking. Jesus wept.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I agree. It's all happening because the BBC is run by gays and such.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I agree. It's all happening because the BBC is run by gays and such.

Damn straight! I said to a bloke at work yesterday, the union rep, I never knew Gordon Brown had one eye... I knew about the other two facts though ...

Dukat

Resident Freddy
"Moronic Jock cyclops"

This made me laugh :D

Seriously though, you people going on about race and disability need to get a grip.

So what if you find the comment offensive? If they took everything that could possibly be interpreted as offensive to anyone off the screen we'd be watching some pretty bloody dull TV.

Get over it. Make yourself a cup of tea* and move the fuck on.

(* or coffe, or lemonade, or water, just incase you are offended by my preference of one type of beverage over another.)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
"BBC would take no further action" == "BBC is too scared to lose probably one of it's highest rating shows"

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
All this BBC induced PC someone has said something that might offend someone news stories are pissing me off, starting to wish that the BBC would just be closed down and that be that.

rynnor

Rockhound
He was factually accurate if not a bit in poor taste over the one eyed bit.

It suprises and saddens me that 'scottish' is now a racial slur - if that were true we'd all be fucked - imagine a meeting at the UN now.

'Let me introduce you to the sc-, I mean the delegate from that country - you know the one - makes whisky, wears tartan - deep fries mars bars - hates the english etc. etc.'

I think the fact that this got blown up really is an indictment on our society but not in the way that some thought...

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
like many others i didnt know Gordon Brown had a glass eye, so Clarkson actually enlightened a fair few people, cudos to him

Cant help feeling if Brown was english and Clarkson called him an english one eyed idiot this wouldnt be getting so much coverage

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I got the impression from the article that Brown has simply lost sight in one eye, not that it's actually a glass eye.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
It makes me laugh the amount of people that actually think top gear is real when it's purely scripted. As for clarkson he's simply an attention seeking whore :)

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
It makes me laugh the amount of people that actually think top gear is real when it's purely scripted. As for clarkson he's simply an attention seeking whore :)

He's also a big campaigner for the armed forces and does a lot of charity work, or doesn't the media tell you that part? But that's not the point of this thread.
His attention seeking whoreiness is nothing compared to the one eyed scottish idiot. And I'm not apologising lol.

Everz

FH is my second home

Bridge + You = Jump

consider this.

:D

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH

A) It's good regardless
B) Clarkson is a legend and is one of the few people left on TV who still speaks his mind
C) The shite BBC are kicking off about is ridiculous since these "Most people" that the Beeb is banging on about either don't exist or didn't even see the comment and decided to bitch about it ala Ross/Brand.

I wonder what the hells going on with this country when the people who take offense never saw the fucking thing in the first place and bitch for the sake of bitching, morons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom