Civ V

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Generic GPU/CPU Over heating - 2K Forums

apparently its got an uncapped frame rate
result -: your card will spaz out and overheat trying to render as fast as possible

solutions :
Vsync should help

my documents>my games>civ 5>
find the graphics config your using, and set from 1 to 0 on DoF , bloom, heat haze, etc , to drop the load

other than that, your buggered for the moment ;\

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Not played much yet but not hugely impressed so far. The early part of the game is pretty dull since everything's automated. Was interesting exploring for a while but eventually I put my scouts on auto-explore and they proceeded to tresspass a bunch of city states and piss them off.

The game itself seems dumbed down, a lot less options in land improvements and a lot less penalties - only desert needs to be avoided. The factions are hugely unbalanced (Egypt getting all wonders, Japanese archers being insanely powerful) while some are useless (America, Germany or England). Half of the buildings are just not worth using either (castles/military bases/hospitals etc).

The AI is a step backwards from Civ 4 (which wasn't great) and diplomacy is even more frustrating. Races will declare war on you for no reason, not actually attack you then when you take one of their cities 20 turns later they offer you huge bribes for peace.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Not played much yet but not hugely impressed so far. The early part of the game is pretty dull since everything's automated. Was interesting exploring for a while but eventually I put my scouts on auto-explore and they proceeded to tresspass a bunch of city states and piss them off.

The game itself seems dumbed down, a lot less options in land improvements and a lot less penalties - only desert needs to be avoided. The factions are hugely unbalanced (Egypt getting all wonders, Japanese archers being insanely powerful) while some are useless (America, Germany or England). Half of the buildings are just not worth using either (castles/military bases/hospitals etc).

The AI is a step backwards from Civ 4 (which wasn't great) and diplomacy is even more frustrating. Races will declare war on you for no reason, not actually attack you then when you take one of their cities 20 turns later they offer you huge bribes for peace.

England underpowered now? I remember them being by far the best in Civ4 :p
Gonna google the system reqs and maybe order it this weekend if I can run it :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
England underpowered now? I remember them being by far the best in Civ4 :p
Gonna google the system reqs and maybe order it this weekend if I can run it :p
it failed :( i really need a new comp :p

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
The factions are hugely unbalanced (Egypt getting all wonders, Japanese archers being insanely powerful) while some are useless (America, Germany or England).
yes as a great naval power, i can see how +1movement on naval units is so useless :/
or + 1 visibility on land units, lucky you dont have to explore anywhere isnt it ?

Half of the buildings are just not worth using either (castles/military bases/hospitals etc).

you never got attacked then i take it ? or wanted a large city ? or not paying full price / duration for unit builds ?

it has some odd quirks in it that are a bit shit, but overall its an improvement actually

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
it failed :( i really need a new comp :p

I run it on low settings on my ION netbook. Slow, but playable (it is turn-based after all). Single core shit-slow processor...

Anyway, I don't get crashes on my desktop rig. AMD Phenom II X3/Radeon 4850. Well, not in the 7 or 8 hours I played on it, but I do get mad freezes now and again like the CPU is hitting 100% - but it isn't :|

Patch, tbfh...

Oh, and CIV4 seemed a better game tbh. If it wasn't for the combat (which is much more fun) then I'd prolly go back at the mo.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
yes as a great naval power, i can see how +1movement on naval units is so useless :/
or + 1 visibility on land units, lucky you dont have to explore anywhere isnt it ?
England are "ok" on archipelago type maps, the bonus is neglible otherwise. +1 sight is handy, nothing more.

you never got attacked then i take it ? or wanted a large city ? or not paying full price / duration for unit builds ?
The investment just isnt worth it or takes too long to break even in my experience, I'd rather just build another unit

it has some odd quirks in it that are a bit shit, but overall its an improvement actually
Can't really say I've seen much improvement, only played a game or two so far though

Lethul

FH is my second home
I run it on low settings on my ION netbook. Slow, but playable (it is turn-based after all). Single core shit-slow processor...

Anyway, I don't get crashes on my desktop rig. AMD Phenom II X3/Radeon 4850. Well, not in the 7 or 8 hours I played on it, but I do get mad freezes now and again like the CPU is hitting 100% - but it isn't :|

Patch, tbfh...

Oh, and CIV4 seemed a better game tbh. If it wasn't for the combat (which is much more fun) then I'd prolly go back at the mo.

I downloaded the demo and tested it, it "worked" but it had very weird graphic bugs (looked like it rendered everything from scratch every now and again) and was very slow so not particularly enjoyable. Will probably get it when/if I get a new computer.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
I've played civ 1 2, 4 ,5 and I dunno maybe im just not seeing the grand improvements, played it for afew hours tho. What im trying to say is its probably the best civ game but that genre feels abit old/outplayed or maybe its just me who is old heh.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I've played civ 1 2, 4 ,5 and I dunno maybe im just not seeing the grand improvements, played it for afew hours tho. What im trying to say is its probably the best civ game but that genre feels abit old/outplayed or maybe its just me who is old heh.

Spot on, it is a great game but nothing really changes, decade after decade.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Started slowly, didn't like the changes to happiness, and the omission of religion, taxes, espionage etc.
Grew on me for a while after I got the hang of it, have invested 70 hours or so now and have a better idea of how to win at higher difficulties.

Then I started noticing bugs and exploits, like how retarded the AI is concerning water, and how easily they can be manipulated in trades, but how overly aggressive and unpredictable they are at other times.

Now I've almost finished a large epic Emperor game, the game has ground to a halt and it is constantly crashing on me. My computer obviously can't handle the large endgame, which seems silly when I've never had issues with any previous Civ game, and my rig can handle every other recent game.

With any luck next week's patch will sort out the crashing issue, until then I'm taking a break from it.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I've always been a fan of the Civ-series, but this one was instant turn-off. Looked like a child's game :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom