City and fortress sieges - why bother?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Personally not gonna subscribe beyond the free month. Will have to give the game a year or so to get sorted out. Mainly because I have time constraints for games nowdays so it's not really the game's fault.

However, what I read about city sieging is depressing. Expecting it to become something truely awesome turns out to be a bugged pve lagfest. Seems silly.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Personally not gonna subscribe beyond the free month. Will have to give the game a year or so to get sorted out. Mainly because I have time constraints for games nowdays so it's not really the game's fault.

However, what I read about city sieging is depressing. Expecting it to become something truely awesome turns out to be a bugged pve lagfest. Seems silly.

i kinda agree, i think they could sort it out in a lot less than year though if they really want to. i was so excited about so much of the content and a lot of it has ended up looking terrible. i'll renew past the first month as i'm still in t3 and still getting a bit of enjoyment out of the game, t4 however looks like it is going to be terrible.

the tiers seem to have gotten progressively worse, tier 1 was awesome, t2 great, t3 started off well but slowly became a terrible TA grind....t4, well time will tell

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Alot more time was spent testing T1/T2. T3/T4 was almost blink and you missed it. At least thats what I remember. T4 testing mainly consisted of exploiting your way to 40 using a few bugged quests then zerging.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
What I cant understand is why on earth they had just a week for open beta? (Oh and yes Im aware of the fact wow has an expansion coming out soon).
Most of the testing in closed beta as far as I an tell from peoples comments were limited to t1/t2 with only a cursory aquaintance with t3/t4 and almost no city seige at all.
Therefore wouldn't it have been wiser to have had the open beta more thoroughly test the whole game out? All these probelems that are being surfaced now should never have made it out of beta. Im sure the good folk who did all the closed beta testing did their best with the restrictions they were given - but lets be honest the game should have been much more thoroughly tested. This can only be blamed on Mythic for failing to do a proper testing of the game.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Just to update this thread with what happened next...

Some more of us did eventually get another warband together to enter the palace. We wiped after the first pull, ended up having to release and travel all the way back from the Reikland war camp. :(

After regrouping we managed to kill the first two wing bosses which dropped quite a bit of epic loot. The door opened to the next stage where we met Syndriel Greywind (I think that was the name), who hits everyone for around 8k damage and wipes the entire raid. Of course you can't resurrect anyone, so the encounter is impossible.

Mythic needs to fix the problems with certain instances sending you to poor places if you're unable to zone inside. If you have problems inside Altdorf Palace you should respawn back inside Altdorf, if you can't get inside a Bastion Stair instance you should be outside the instance and not respawn in the tier 1 starting area!

I'm not sure what to make of it. Is the mob bugged or do we have to spend hours farming loot from other dungeons to improve our armour before taking part in this?

As I've said ingame, we're just beta testing city sieges - it looks like Order aren't missing out on much!

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Yeah the Palace siege was funny at first, but frustrating later. Syndriel Greywind was impossible to do, that mob was not designed for a warband. Closed-door encounter with a mob that keeps shouting "LINE 0", hits for 12-15K a hit and no way to rez people. We tried kiting it and dotting it, and we got the mob to 65%, but apparently the anti-kite code does work and that part is definately not beta, since the mob either teleported and shot us with arrows for 15K a piece, or just reset the encounter.

It was actually fun and an honour being in the first warband getting that far in Live, but also a bit frustrating to spend 5 hours trying to work around unfinished content.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Maybe the developers didn't except players to get this far so soon after launch and skimped on the development of city sieging...

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Requiel giving out beta access to guilds which sucked up high enough to him instead of bringing in individuals that know what and how to test didn't pay out then?

ah the comedy gold of manisch on a badly informed generalistic whinge about something he doesnt know anything about, including the usual arrogant assumption that he is better than everyone else

pity its hardly a novelty :(

Zeelee

Fledgling Freddie
I personally dont get the fact that they wont fix major issues like this one. if not for any other reasons, then for the fact that the mmorpg market is huge and the amount of cash they would be able to make if they could keep us addicts from going to the next pusher around the corner.

I understand that this might take time to deal with and its nowhere near easy to program games lige these etc etc.
but afaik there isnt any words from the dev's about this?

i rly doubt there could be anything more important for them to do then make sure that the endgame is as interesting and enjoyable for everyone as possible

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
ah the comedy gold of manisch on a badly informed generalistic whinge about something he doesnt know anything about, including the usual arrogant assumption that he is better than everyone else

pity its hardly a novelty :(

Did you swallow it?

Killgorde

Loyal Freddie
I personally dont get the fact that they wont fix major issues like this one. if not for any other reasons, then for the fact that the mmorpg market is huge and the amount of cash they would be able to make if they could keep us addicts from going to the next pusher around the corner.

I understand that this might take time to deal with and its nowhere near easy to program games lige these etc etc.
but afaik there isnt any words from the dev's about this?

i rly doubt there could be anything more important for them to do then make sure that the endgame is as interesting and enjoyable for everyone as possible

I refer you to a thread I posted on WHA that got locked before it generated any interest, positive or negative (wouldn't have minded the chance for either).

I am concerned about the longevity of the game based on fears expressed in that thread (pretty much what you summed up in far fewer words than an old fart like me could muster). I'm not looking for a DaoC mk2 - just some decent memorable sustained action that actually means something after R40, rather than just pimping my char and amassing RP (is that what WoW is about?). The real time aspect of DaoC relic raiding is what made it great fun - and I don't see anything at the end of the tunnel of Warhammer that could be described as memorable (a key ingredient in longevity) or fun (another key ingredient in longevity).

I have a very real fear that if the present endgame instancing mullarky is maintained guys will look elsewhere. Origins actually looks quite a good bet from an endgame gameplay standpoint in comparison with what Mythic are serving up at present, which is kind of sad given how old the model is on which it is based.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom