Games Cities: Skylines

Embattle

FH is my second home

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Played for a couple of hours last night.
Very competent sim. Excellent, realistic jobs and transport unlike Sim City (agent modelling). Maybe slightly humourless? Small dev team so lacking some nice fluff, but nice and clean feeling as a result.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Bought it last night. Put together a simple town in thirty mins or so just to get the hang of it. Interface is good. Love the zome in details. Seems to run faily smooth. Obviously I haven't got a big city going yet but it was only using sixteen percent processing power at the level I got to.

Much better than sim city :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If it wasn't for the price, sure would get it. Seems like what simcity should've been(while simcity is fine enough, especially with higher production values), but i can't pay 30€ for yet another city builder when i got simcity and SC4deluxe already.

Tilda

Got it yesterday I bloody love it.

There's also a code somewhere online (hotukdeals) where you can get a Steam key for £14 or so.

Tilda

Yeah, I only saw it after too :p
But for a studio to release something this good, and reading their DLC plans, I have no problem paying full price.
Rather pay to them than to EA.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
This game is wicked.

Early on, it's a challenge to get the balance correct to get a good income, then it's a logistical challenge, CHALLENGES ALL ROUND.

Reading that back, it sounds shit.

leggy

Probably Scottish
This is my first go at a City Builder Sim and I suck.

First challenge - where to put my first road.
Result - Can't decide; Fail.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
This is my first go at a City Builder Sim and I suck.

First challenge - where to put my first road.
Result - Can't decide; Fail.
I find putting a couple roads down. One for commerce and housing and one for industry in slightly different areas so you don't get pollution next to houses.

On another note I heard that you might as well go with wind power to start with? Anyone else do this or you go coal power plants.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My first play through I ran out of coal fairly quickly and didn't have enough money for wind turbines so things went south. So yeah, I would start with wind to save the hassle later on.

Overall I am enjoying the game, can get a little annoying playing whack a mole with abandoned buildings when things are going badly.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Coal/Oil is fine as long as the station is located quite close to the Highway since it comes via lorry and thus the stations can run out if the lorry gets stuck traveling long distances through traffic.

I would like to automate the abandoned buildings process to a certain degree.

Gwadien

My game has turned into New Delhi simulator.

The traffic is ridiculous.

I created a new island for all my hard working white people though.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I would like to automate the abandoned buildings process to a certain degree.

"demolish abandoned buildings" button would work, that or abandoned buildings stay for a day or two and then get replaced.

Tilda

Look at the steam workshop, there are loads of AMAZING mods.
I was like "oo a brush for trees" and there it is.
An automated building demolisher - and there it is?!!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I really like the dev's attitude towards piracy on this. It makes it odd that the only person in this thread moaning about the price is someone who works in the games industry... And it *is* better than SimCity, there's no two ways about it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It makes it odd that the only person in this thread moaning about the price is someone who works in the games industry...

Not that it makes a difference if i work in the industry or not...the point was that i can't justify the cost for yet another citybuilder. I wasn't saying it's too expensive for what it is, wasn't even comparing it to simcity or saying it's worse.

Jesus.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Not that it makes a difference if i work in the industry or not...the point was that i can't justify the cost for yet another citybuilder. I wasn't saying it's too expensive for what it is, wasn't even comparing it to simcity or saying it's worse.

Jesus.
Aye we know @caLLous was just being a twat.

It's hard to justify games when your not working and broke

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah and i did say i've heard good things and would get it for sure :p

For anyone who has the cash to get it, it is a reasonably priced game that's(as i said) what simcity should've been and would recommend to anyone who likes citybuilders.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
To clarify, I wasn't saying you said SimCity was better, I just tacked that on the end because I've played Cities and it seems to do everything better (although I gave up on SimCity long ago because it was still a bug-ridden piece of shit even after god knows how many patches).

Tilda

I'd happily pay £39 for this tbh, its so good.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I paid 30€ which is about a fiver, the way the exchange rate is going atm. :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
22.99. Didn't want to pay seven quid for five world buildings tbh.

Embattle

FH is my second home
There does appear to be a lack of bridge options when it comes to rail/road crossings.

Gwadien

It also seems impossible to continue to edit a raised road/railroad.

Unless you build into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom