Chronicles feedback

Tulkos

One of Freddy's beloved
Just says coming soon for me on the english ones can get up all the rest just not that one how do i get them to work ?

Grayedd

Fledgling Freddie
Same here - I can't access nice new stuff - cleared files - think I have cleared cache but not sure - explanaions may help

Grayedd

Fledgling Freddie
can get french and german sites - shame I am british and can't check our sites - oh but hey tis a french site iirc. :confused: 8-x

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Draylor said:
Bleh, put comments on the lag thread before I noticed this existed. See here in the unlikely event of anyone caring ;)
There is a search function. It's the word 'search' in the bottom left corner. You can search by guild name, lot numbers and lot owner.

For those who can't see the new pages. Firstly make sure you have the latest version of Flash player which is avalailable here.
If that doesn't sort it then you need to clear your cache. Make sure you aren't on the Goa site then go to internet options and 'delete temporary internet files'. Once you've done that, you should be able to see the new pages. They appear in a popup window so make sure that daoc.goa.com is allowed to open new windows if you run any kind of popup blocker or use a browser which does this for you.

Finally the wrong realm ranks have been noted. It's because the developer started counting from RR1 when the first realm title (Wayfarer, Vakten, Protector) is for RR0 characters.

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the new chronicles! Its pretty neat.

One bug I noticed is that the names of the relic keeps are backwards; its saying that the power relics are currently being held in Castle Excalibur when they are really held in Castle Myrddin. I think someone above about something similar but opposite - so the names probably need to be swapped.

Thanks.

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
Also, the relic gate status doesnt show right - mids gates are open and they're currently shown as closed.

It'd be nice if there was a better way of getting around parts of it as well, for example being able to click on a tower and having it bring you to the guild info page, for example.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
and I hope you have fun in whatever new gaming experience you end up in. That still doesn't stop the fact that we want to know what the remaining existing customers think about new things and that will be the case even if we only have 1 customer left.

Well this remaining (for now) customer thinks that all forth coming expansions and patches are having a hugely negative effect on the game in general and the enjoyment level of your customers and would respectfully request you (GOA) take into consideration the possibility of an old school server running a pre-ToA patch instead.

You only need to glance at these forums to see that you would in fact gain a huge number of accounts being reactivated for this and in turn make more money for your efforts, which im sure would make you lot happy ;)

Sorro

Fledgling Freddie
<- This customer does not agree with the above customer.

<- This customer knows alot ingame that does not even know these forums, so just because there is several "known"/shouting players here with an urge to write /quit threads, it certainly does not apply to all of the playerbase.

<- This customer would however support the idea of an old-school server, coming from UO i know i would have liked that there, but im a new-school player, so i actually enjoy the current game loads.

<- This customer would like to say: Have a nice day, the new site looks sweet, and DAoC is still the best PvP game out there, keep it up.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
It looks cool, although I found a bug @ the housing section, lot No. 264 is shown as a free lot, but the owner is "an abandoned" and has a guild.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
It's OK, not great but OK :) better then the old one.

And omg only 8 vacant house spots in Albion? :) ...

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Still missing some "fluff" that US herald got though.

Edit: And you should be able to search for 1 character and get info about totalrp, lwrp, class, race etc and his houselot and guild and crafting skills at the same place.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Great looking, not the best thing to navigate, too much flash use again for those not on a 1 Mb pipe, the fluff would be nice too.

6/10 from me.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
great site - works really well....

with regard to the lag, we had a lot last night whilst entering ToA - my major lag problems are when u enter TOA, and start off at hespero, its here that i am getting a 2-3 second delay in actually doing anything, the funny part is that i am not showing any lag spikes, (no red squares etc) - a mate of mine also had a similar problem in meso

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Guys, this threads about the new web pages, lets not let the lag issue hyjack yet another thread.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Guys, this threads about the new web pages, lets not let the lag issue hyjack yet another thread.

Agreed. But this only obvious if you have seen the other post, because the first GOA post in this thread does say;

So this is the new place to flame about that (but keep the ping plots coming in - they're helping A LOT).

Anyway I like the new page thanks!! (minus the already identified bugs)

<wishes bitter posters like 'MaditioN' (Note the 'cool' capitalisation) would not hijack every thread to needlessly whine when they say they dont care yet for some reason they do because they still spam these boards like crazy...>

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Since its pretty obvious that there isnt indvidual stats such as killblows and so on I was wondering if those that make fan-sites with stats can get access to that information? I really cant understand why it was left out since it is logged already in some way even if its just each gaming session. :(

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Marcus75 said:
Since its pretty obvious that there isnt indvidual stats such as killblows and so on I was wondering if those that make fan-sites with stats can get access to that information? I really cant understand why it was left out since it is logged already in some way even if its just each gaming session. :(

I thought that the extra information like last man standing, killblows etc.. was only in version 1.72 or something tho i could be wrong.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
I thought that the extra information like last man standing, killblows etc.. was only in version 1.72 or something tho i could be wrong.

No, US had that a long time.. before TOA if I remember correct.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:

try reading the whole thread b4 flaming mate! - the first post states 2 questions, and asks for responses

1. about new website

2. about network changes internally for GOA and their effects on lag.

cheers and beers

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Already been noted but in case it gets lost in the off-topic replies the Albion rr's are all showing the title for one level below.

Also when you rank guild by crafters it sorts according to craft but not within craft - so it puts all the fletchers together but in a seemingly random order.

Big improvement on the old site - especially the housing information.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
all I can say is <sleek site>!! well done guys ;)

some small bugs though but they've been mentioned here already and I'm sure you'll fix it sooner or later :)

and ohw:
rampant said:
try reading the whole thread b4 flaming mate! - the first post states 2 questions, and asks for responses

1. about new website

2. about network changes internally for GOA and their effects on lag.

cheers and beers

look up and you'll see a nice thing called a thread title... if you go back to <General Discussion> you'll also see a thread called Lag feedback.. means they're seperate m8...

Attachments

• fh title.JPG
    fh title.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 37

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
The XML format has completely changed and yet none of the new information they have in the US (ML rank and so on) is available. Why is this? Is it going to change again or should I code a fix for it now?

Compared to the Camelot Herald the EU one is completely useless and shows much less information. You don't even make the information fully available for third party sites to parse properly.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
look up and you'll see a nice thing called a thread title... if you go back to <General Discussion> you'll also see a thread called Lag feedback.. means they're seperate m8...

My thoughts excatly :)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Are you usnig any type of popup blocker? The Firefox one will block the Roll of Honour page unless you specifically let it be displayed. To do that go to Tools->Options->Web Features. Then on the line that says "Block Popup Windows" click on the Allowed Sites button just to the right. In the next window add the url: daoc.goa.com and allow it. Then try and run it again (make sure you've also cleared your Cache).

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Question to the GM's:

Quote from my post a earlier today;

"Since its pretty obvious that there isnt indvidual stats such as killblows and so on I was wondering if those that make fan-sites with stats can get access to that information?"

Well?

Obbla

Fledgling Freddie
Well it is finally at least getting decent. I can not understand why the fancy layout have been over-prioritized for sooo long. It still is and it is not the most efficient tool- I will still be using duskwave most of the time when I will look for statistics since that is simpler and much easier to get a good overview on.

But why did it have to take you almost 3 years to come up with a decent version- this part is definetly one of the strengths of DAoC and have been sadly misused by GOA. But hope that you continue to improve and someday we might get all the good features of Camelot Herald!

But the things with the houselots was a nice feature! Would have saved me an afternoons search for an empty lot if thet feature had been implemented earlier :)

But as I said it is MUCH better than the old one!

Draylor

Part of the furniture
[GOA]Erivoss said:
The Firefox one will block the Roll of Honour page unless you specifically let it be displayed.
Strange, it works fine for me on 2 separate systems running Firefox with the popup blocker activated.

Then try and run it again (make sure you've also cleared your Cache).
Cache seems to be the problem: on 1 system it worked properly first time, the second required disk cache to be cleared. The (flash, ugh) menu on top-left clearly needed to be refetched but hadnt been.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
oh well, I had to tell Firefox at work to let the popup appear (and had to clear cache too) while at home it worked fine first time (also using Firefox). The joys of modern IT ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom