Christmas

J

Jupitus

Don't think we do, Xtro, unless you really mean the Church of Flaming Baby Jesus? ;)

The religious aspect of Christmas is one which we remind them of, gently (i.e. 'why do we have Christmas day?') but I won't ever ram religion down their throats. My eldest is actually quite interested in religious studies, but we're not a family of churchgoers so it will be up to him to decide if he wants to get more involved. I suspect that my youngest is likely to sell his soul to Satan in return for a Ferrari and topless blonde, but at 5 it's early days yet :D

S

Sir Frizz

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0

Don't forget kids its all about the birth of a man who made tables for 33 years then did a few magic tricks and got nailed to a plank before hiding in a cave for a few days then bogging off!

Best interpretation ever!

*Gives Xtro 2.0 a lump of coal*

X

Xtro 2.0

I'm impressed mate, but figured you'd be a good parent anyway.

If you really did send them to the Flaming Church of Baby Jesus I'd be a bit worried tbh :|

/edit: thanks for the coal frizz I'll add it to bonfire of Jehovah's Witnesses outside :)

L

leggy

/edit: thanks for the coal frizz I'll add it to bonfire of Jehovah's Witnesses outside :)

:D

Is my boss on there?

A

Ash!

Originally posted by Bym
Am I the only one here who loves Christmas. Couldn't come soon enough. i'm a big kid.

Mind you I haven't got kids to buy presents for yet, so I'll probably change my mind when that time comes....

Exactley what he said, except it gets even better when you have kids. Christmas is Top:clap:

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by Ash!
Exactley what She said, except it gets even better when you have kids. Christmas is Top:clap:

Sorted.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I'm impressed mate, but figured you'd be a good parent anyway.

I wish someone would say that about meh. :(

*invites himself to Jup's xmas dinner* ;)

X

Xtro 2.0

Don't worry mate no one will be saying it about me either as I won't ever be having kids thank fk.

If I did have kids though you'd be the godfather just so that when they watch war films you can sit with them pointing out factual errors and saying "Clint Eastwood was never in the 506th squadron FFS!" while feeding them toffees, deal? ;)

D

Deadmanwalking

"Clint Eastwood was never in the 506th squadron FFS!" while feeding them toffees, deal? ;)

He wasn't? :(

I want toffees

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I wish someone would say that about meh. :(

Try your kids for starters.... at least they accept bribes ;)

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
*invites himself to Jup's xmas dinner* ;)

*Boards up doors and windows and hangs garlic round his neck*

Besides... I'm a lousy cook when I'm pissed :p

B

Bym

Don't worry mate no one will be saying it about me either as I won't ever be having kids thank fk.

I was saying that, ooooh, about 3 and a half months ago.

Now I am sat here stuffing pickled onions covered in marmite down my throat, crying at baby pictures (ANY baby pictures, even really fat ugly ones), doing a very good impression of Mrs Blobby. Belly wise anyway. But I'm sure the rest will catch up soon.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Bym
But I'm sure the rest will catch up soon.

Reminds me of Robin Williams fantastic stand up sketch on pregnancy... 'Noooooo... they're for the BABY!!!' ;)

X

Xtro 2.0

Originally posted by Bym
I was saying that, ooooh, about 3 and a half months ago.

Its physically impossible for me and the mrs to have kids Bym, nuff said tbh.

E

Embattle

I always enjoy Xmas, more so than my birthdays, but as companies use it to push products I find more and more people resent xmas.

M

mank

Originally posted by Embattle
but as companies use it to push products I find more and more people resent xmas.

I agree. It doesn't make me resent Christmas but it just gets on my nerves so much. It'd be so much nicer if Christmas wasn't so commercial for a change :/

plus, there's nothing like football on boxing day :D

I

icemaiden

Christmas in my house is normally well good. Kids get up at 6, oldest makes living room look like a bombs hit it, and then proceeds to complain about the things she didn't get. After that she buggers off to her dads for a week. The baby was too young to even notice christmas last year, i doubt he'll notice much of it this year as he's only 1. I'm just glad that it only lasts 1 day, with the lack of sleep thanks to midnight mass and kiddies, although slap up christmas dinner at nice hotel makes it worth it. :)

B

Bym

Its physically impossible for me and the mrs to have kids Bym, nuff said tbh.

I kind of guessed that Xtro. My friends can't, but they still have a kid. Up to the people involved anyway (and others who don't want to have kids!!!!) - I'm sure many people on here would rather have money/time/tidy house/impulsive holidays/sex life/quiet life/nights out any time/no stinky nappies or kids being sick/etc any day. Hmmm, come to think of it.....naah, too late for me now :D

X

Xtro 2.0

My Christmas day is somewhat different to yours then my honourable friend icemaiden.

Wake up about 4-5pm, reach to minifridge side of bed, pull out bottle of Smirnoff Blue, pour copious amounts down my neck.

Ring gf, assure her I'm fine, wish her merry xmas.

Slump back to sleep, voila - Boxing Day is here.

/edit: btw Bym we have no actual wish to have em either so nps.

M

Maljonic

speshwee for mank

anisnow5.gif

M

Munkey-

Having lived in Qatar for three years, leaving it for the grand total of three weeks during all that time (and that was to malaysia in the summer), I havent seen a single christmas advert, tree, heard carols etc. in all that time. Which i suppose is ok, as they're not pushing the products on you.

But i miss being able to walk around chester. it was just.....so magical. They'd have the big tree up next to the cross, town lights, decorations, charity father christmas, carol singers. Going from the freezing cold outside into a nice warm caff and having a cup of coffee whislt watching everyone hustle around outside.

Or it could just be that i really want to go home....

One thing i hated about christmas when i was little though, was that my dad would only let us open one big present. have lunch. wait until about 5pm, then let us open the rest.

It was fun setting fire to the christmas pudding though.

X

Xtro 2.0

Originally posted by Munkey-

But i miss being able to walk around chester. it was just.....so magical.

That sentence is wrong in so may ways!

Anyway I'm off to the pub. Have a good evening girls.

M

Munkey-

well. I thought it was anyway.

Not like you sick minded people who laugh at the "white stuff"

T

Testin da Cable

I've laughed because of white stuff though! oh. um. nm :(

B

Bym

Wake up about 4-5pm, reach to minifridge side of bed, pull out bottle of Smirnoff Blue, pour copious amounts down my neck.

What IS the difference between Smirnoff Blue, Black and Red. Never noticed the difference before, but I was knocking them back when already well and truly oiled :) Anyone recommend a non-alcoholic version of alcoholic drinks? Sick of dreaming about my lovely guinness, newky brown, mackisons, etc etc......I miss them so...<sigh>

I

icemaiden

I think, but i'm not sure that it has summit to do with how strong they are. Smirnoff red is 37.5%, blue is a bit more, then black. Although i could be totally wrong here.

/edit if you're pregnant and looking for a drink, then it's still ok to have one glass a guiness every now and again, just keep away from spirits.

A

Any

Red is normall crappy vodka.
Blue is about 50%. Could someone tell me why they get stronger spirits abroad?
Black is made to be drunk straight. Its also the only vodka from Smirnoff worth drinking.

Users who are viewing this thread