Christmas

M

mank

It's the middle of September, it's over 20 degrees outside and I've seen a couple of Christmas adverts on TV and went into a shop the other day and they were getting ready to put all their Christmas stuff on sale.

FUCKS SAKE!

S

sad_mung

Our shops have had Christmas stuff out since the begining of September.
It depresses the hell out of me. :(

X

Xtro 2.0

Tell me about it.

One of my minions is organising our Christmas meal/piss up right now.

I won't be going, I never do. I just buy 'em a few bottles of sparkly then piss off.

S

sad_mung

Yeah they're talking about it in my office now. My wife has been organising her works do, and ALREADY have the dates she's picked at various restaurants and clubs are booked solid!

1tchy trigger

Flatmates office is having their Christmas do in October :rolleyes:

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0

I won't be going, I never do. I just buy 'em a few bottles of sparkly then piss off.

indeed. thank goodness the gf hates xmas too and will prolly be working to boot so I don't even have to get that sorted.

J

Jonaldo

That can't really be classified as a Christmas do can it?

J

Jonaldo

Can I have my New Years Eve binge drinking session this weekend then instead of the usual get a bit pissed job I do every week?

B

Bym

Am I the only one here who loves Christmas. Couldn't come soon enough. i'm a big kid.

Mind you I haven't got kids to buy presents for yet, so I'll probably change my mind when that time comes....

J

Jonaldo

Christmas is cold and wet, that's my main problem with it.
I'm already waiting for next May.

L

leggy

I love christmas. Those who don't are heartless, emotionally barren demons.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Can I have my New Years Eve binge drinking session this weekend then instead of the usual get a bit pissed job I do every week?

I do that every weekend tbh :)

Originally posted by leggy
I love christmas. Those who don't are heartless, emotionally barren demons.

I love Christmas...I just hate the hype with a passion second only to my hatred of wasps, mozzies and midges.

X

Xtro 2.0

Originally posted by Bym
Am I the only one here who loves Christmas.

Did I say I didn't like Christmas in my above post?

I don't actually, its wank.

Glad we cleared things up.

Regards
An Emotional and Barren Demon

X

Xtro 2.0

Actually the best laugh I ever had at Christmas was on Christmas Day 2 years ago. The kid next door had been given a bike for Chrimbo and as I was looking out the front I saw him go head first over the handlebars and smash his face to bits on the gravel of their drive.

Made my day.

J

Jonaldo

Actually the best laugh I ever had at Christmas was on Christmas Day 2 years ago. The kid next door had been given a bike for Chrimbo and as I was looking out the front I saw him go head first over the handlebars and smash his face to bits on the gravel of their drive.

Made my day.
A bit harsh somewhat rather :eek:

:D

M

mank

Originally posted by Bym
Am I the only one here who loves Christmas. Couldn't come soon enough. i'm a big kid.

Mind you I haven't got kids to buy presents for yet, so I'll probably change my mind when that time comes....

I love it, by only when it's the 11th of December and we put the tree up. That's when Christmas starts. I too am a big kid at Christmas (and most of the time).

O

old.Fweddy

I guess now isn't the time to ask for Barrysworld decorations then?

S

sad_mung

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Christmas is cold and wet, that's my main problem with it.
I'm already waiting for next May.
Here here! Roll on next summer.
I like snow though. But not the wet & cold.

G

Gekul

Soon shops won't even bother taking their christmas items off the shelf :/
Reminds me of Santa Claus the movie, with "christmas 2!".

B

Bym

Made my day.

Awww, you big meanie :(

S

sad_mung

Originally posted by Gekul
Soon shops won't even bother taking their christmas items off the shelf :/
Reminds me of Santa Claus the movie, with "christmas 2!".
Some of my neighbours still have lights on their houses from last year!
Lazy buggers.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by xane
I love christmas, they should do it every year.
Sounds a bit like my bad joke I do at every annual event.

"Jesus! It only seems like this time last year it was xxxxxx"

I think someone almost laughed the first time I did it ;) I get less response nowadays however.

L

leggy

Originally posted by xane
I love christmas, they should do it every year.

You should rename yourself "bob monkhouse" if you insist on using that standard of joke.

:D

J

Jupitus

I like Christmas for one reason only... the kids. The build up starts now, with Mrs Jup asking me for more money every payday and she gets everything organised. The actual event itself for me is a couple of days off work (never gonna grumble about that) and a boozy afternoon with a nice roast dinner thrown in. There is, however, that special early start with the kids happy smiles and hugs and kisses as they open the presents Mum has stealthily accumulated over the past 3 months.... usually I don't know what they're getting too, so I get a suprise out of it aswell :)

B

Bym

Originally posted by Jupitus
There is, however, that special early start with the kids happy smiles and hugs and kisses as they open the presents Mum has stealthily accumulated over the past 3 months.... usually I don't know what they're getting too, so I get a suprise out of it aswell :)

Thats one thing I can't wait for :)

I remember Xmas being magical as a kid, and my Dad said it was just like that for him when we were little. He used to dress up as Father Christmas, cook Xmas dinner, and leave crumbs next to FC's mince pie. Also once slipped me a tiny drop of fizzy stuff when I was about 6, and pissed himself watching me get tipsy.

Can't wait for Xmas with my child(ren). I could act like a tit, er, I mean kid again, and get away with it :clap:

X

Xtro 2.0

I do hope your kids worship at the Flaming Church of Baby Jesus like every good Christmas loving Christian should do Jup?

Don't forget kids its all about the birth of a man who made tables for 33 years then did a few magic tricks and got nailed to a plank before hiding in a cave for a few days then bogging off!

E

Ekydus

I like Christmas... I like the food and drink that goes with it. Turkey Dinner, followed with lots of twiglets / tins of chocolate and lots and lots of alcohol. :D

I do, however feel that to be putting Christmas decorations out now is far too early. Anyway, gotta laugh at them because they'll either have to dress Santa Claus up as a scarecrow and put fireworks in his pockets or take it all down soon anyway. :D

Users who are viewing this thread