Christians and evolution

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Can't wait till they find microorganisms on Europa (Jupiter's moon) :)
if they do thats guna be a big kick in religions balls imo
also they may already have but are covering it up for the sake of saving religion :p

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
oblimov said:
everyone is free to their own opinions and if they want to impose those opinions on their children etc then it is their right as a parent

Working on that one as we speak.

Soon it will be illegal to bias your offspring in any direction, as it is in schools.

Of course I think it should be illegal to have kids unless you
a: Have the means to provide for them.
b:Intend staying around after they are born.

(should cull the Chav population quite nicely)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:
just because one religion/group says something that you dont believe in means that they are idiots or arseholes

everyone is free to their own opinions and if they want to impose those opinions on their children etc then it is their right as a parent

The only thing im against is people trying to enforce their beliefs on other adults, which is exactly what your trying to do with this post tbh

if the parents would stop pounding relegion in their childrens skulls it wouldnt exist anymore today...

many relegions are already nothing more then funny stories to read (like the one of the old greeks), in time the same will happen to the current relegions

eventually all relegions will be dead and no one will care, maybe only in cults and those people will be considered idiots then like most cultists now...

or in primitive tribes maybe, if they still exist then...

Job

Christianity itself was a cult, so much so that the Romans threw the 'looney' Christians to the Lions.

Always confused me that one when does a religion stop being a cult and become a religion?

The url blocker in work stopped me going to a Druid page when I was looking for info on Stonehenge...reason given 'Cult',
so straight away I typed vatican.com, let me in no problem.

FFS!!! Druids are part of our ancient culture, the frekin Roman Catholic religion was invented yesterday by comparison!!!

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
GoD is called geoffrey and he isnt a god by our actual standards.
he came and had a drink wit me last night and played a kick arse game of draughts.
altho he told me none of u will believe me. he also told me how/why everything is how it is. but he then made it so i am unable to actually tell any1 else this grand thing.
now prove me wrong. the problem is u cant prove this didnt happen.
u could ask me to tell u wht he told me but as i said before he took away my ability to tell any1 else. i dont know how. but all i can tell u is hes not a real god by human standards cos i have met him.

on a side note. im sure as hell not ever gonna beleive in the christian god.
mainly because if he does exist he is quite obviously a complete bastard. he could stop world hunger etc smite all those who are doing wrong against his wishes and breaking cmdments etc but he doesnt. either because he doesnt exist or he is just some sick weirdo.
if he is real i see him in no way to be sum1 i would want to worship cos i can not see his good side at all.

oh another thing. to all the people who have said to me... he sent his son down to die for our sins thats how good he is etc etc blah blah... yeah well tell u what. how about i go sin my heart out and u can let ur son die for them for me? cos really if u believe in god u must care for all other people etc etc ... if god wanted us to all obey his cmdments etc he would have made us that way so we could only live in a certain way... either that or he screwed up the plans.
there can be no right or wrong. there is just life.
the only right or wrong is wht people have been brought up as morals etc
if every1 had been brought up as virgin sacrificers and demon worshippers in their eyes all the nancy boy christian love each others would be evil.
there is no way anybody can justify anything to be right or wrong.

just my views

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
if the parents would stop pounding relegion in their childrens skulls it wouldnt exist anymore today...

Only reason most muslims are muslims (imo etc) and only reason my mate is at all jewish.

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Whether or not a person wants to believe that God exists is entirely up to the individual. People can argue with you, insult you, encourage you, counter you, discredit you and offer "proof" either way to you, but your personal beliefs will always remain your own, not the majority's.

As time goes by and technology improves, more and more evidence is stacked up against the occurences in the book of Genesis, and to the neutral bystander, it would appear that the scientists are gaining "the edge" on the Christians in terms of presentable evidence, more so now than ever before, due to new discoveries etc which present real, physical evidence to those who demand it.
However that doesn't give anybody a reason to call Christians "retards"... Where's the evidence that a sane, unbiased, intelligent person will never logically become a Christian?
Christianity does rely heavily upon blind faith, unbreakable moral values and unquestionable devotion to an almighty God, believing that "the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and that the weakness of God is stronger than men". Therefore it is understandable that in the modern world, Christianity as a whole is met by scepticism and deemed illogical, even laughed at and downright opposed by many. But a Christian will not be swayed by those who try to embarass and shame them out of their beliefs, as they believe that God will have prepared them for it, and that their "loser" status in life as a result of outspoken beliefs will be rewarded eventually.

I hasten to add at this point that I am myself a Christian, I wasn't even forced into it by parents or anything, I just looked at the evidence presented to me over my lifetime, listened to what people told me, read around a little and made my own concious decision. I'm not trying to convert any of you and I'm not trying to preach at you, I just feel that this thread is pretty one- sided and wanted to express another viewpoint.

It's true that many people do have religion "pounded into their skulls" at a young age, but parents can't change the fact that a child will have independant thought, will watch the news, hear about scientific advancements, hear other people's opinion, maybe even do some research of their own and gradually build up their own personal take on the subject.

Otep

Fledgling Freddie
Sardine said:
@ Otep

The reason why people get killed everyday is something to do with freewill we was not made and programmed like robots to be good etc etc, but was given a choice. If we were all programmed like robots not to kill etc, how boring would life be....everyone being and acting the same as you

K.. Very fair and allmighty god we got us here..!!!1

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Nicely put Bishibosh...

The problem with the whole religion versus science thing is intransigence on both sides. Christians will argue against evolution (for example) since they believe it is in some way contrary to the existance of God. Conversely most Athiests will vehemently argue for evolution purely because Christians insist creationism is an alternative.

Similar arguments have raged for centuries. Take Galileo as an example, condemned for heresy by a Catholic church who could not accept a heliocentric view of the solar sytem, since they considered this to be blasphemous. Galileo himself was a devout Catholic, and saw no conflict between science and religion. Same thing still happens today, on both sides.

The danger is that established religion can stifle mankinds understanding of the universe when it shackles it within a religious dogma that doesn't make any sense outside of scripture. The Earth is the centre of the universe, the fossil record is a test of faith etc..In my opinion, evolution belongs in this list. Its just a shame that (most) Christians cannot find a way to accomodate evolution into their faith without making God disappear. The two aren't mutually exclusive...

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
But a Christian will not be swayed by those who try to embarass and shame them out of their beliefs, as they believe that God will have prepared them for it, and that their "loser" status in life as a result of outspoken beliefs will be rewarded eventually.

And this is another reason i hate relegion: control
they have controlled people with this for centuries, basically they get told "hey i know your life sucks and you have to work hard for us us and have to be a poor fecker yourself, but you will be rewarded after death!"
And ofc, the biggest convience these arseholes who talked that kind of crap have is that the dead wont come back to tell them "hey you're wrong!!!"
It is the most powerful form of control.

It's true that many people do have religion "pounded into their skulls" at a young age, but parents can't change the fact that a child will have independant thought.

true, but usually by that time they will have become like their parents, and will have a harder time to get a objective view on the subject

Job

Religion is dying, but that makes them fight harder to keep it.

It is all but deceased in western Europe.

I'm just worried that the clueless masses will make less than sensible decisions without a God to tell them what to do.

That of course is why it was invented in the first place.

We will revert to hedonism, selfishness, greed, vanity.........oh yeah those seven sins the good book mentions.

There is no God just people who have seen it all before and watch it happen again and again, every new generation thinks they know better than the last.
That their time is cooler, better aware, more enlightened.

Religion was produced to stop the cycle of shit and it will die and it will reappear when we remember what we invented it for in the first place.

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
tbh 90% of christians in the western world dont believe in the creation myth. The bible is meant to be interpreted and applied to our lifes ... not some literal text book. The problems regarding creationism and schools is usually confined to some fundamental group of christians like the mormons or the jehovah witnesses and not to your average catholic/protestant.

Stoned Viking

Fledgling Freddie
Im not on a crusade or anything, but there is one satanic statement that is rather interresting and makes a lot of sence if you don't believe in holy fairytales...

Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development, has become the most vicious animal of all!

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
Taen said:
tbh 90% of christians in the western world dont believe in the creation myth. The bible is meant to be interpreted and applied to our lifes ... not some literal text book. The problems regarding creationism and schools is usually confined to some fundamental group of christians like the mormons or the jehovah witnesses and not to your average catholic/protestant.

Recent gallop poll said 60% of Americans thought Creation and Evolution should be taught alongside each other in biology class :eek7: . At least its not as bad in Europe.

If I flee the country, can someone take me in? :eek6:

Oh yeah, and the people most often pushing the creationism junk aren't the average ones, but the Fundamentalist Baptists and so on seem content to push their religious crap on everyone while disguising it as science with some backwards assumptions and vague references to a 'Creator'.

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh machines will eventually take over us :p

...Think ive been watching too much the terminator :)

Either that or we will eventually evolve into a half machine half human cyborg or something :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom