chris rabideau @mythic

TheSearcher

Fledgling Freddie
had to chuckle at the news of the game article dated 12-10-07

Chronicles of Camelot

As a team, we carefully analyze not just data, but also what our community is telling us.

We have always been interested in what our community says, and we always will be.

I'd like to tell you more about our new test environment : In the coming months, we are going to be deploying a new 'experimental' test server to our gaming community (to accompany Pendragon). This new server will house code changes to highly complex game systems, which will typically require more than one patch cycle to implement. Changes to or additions of major systems, such as the UI, in-game mail and auction house (to name a few) will be deployed out to this new server ahead of all other servers, including Pendragon. This will allow the community to log in and see what we're up to, as well as allow more time for the community to react to and make suggestions about whatever major systems we're working on. This will also provide us more time to consider community feedback, and make adjustments where best for the game and its players.

We are committed to this game and we will continue to work hard to ensure that Dark Age of Camelot remains a truly fun and enjoyable gameplay experience.

From all of us here at EA Mythic, we thank you for six wonderful years, and we hope to see you around for many, many more.

just some comments i thought was amusing

aika

Can't get enough of FH
why amusing? Mythic are doing a much better job than GoA

TheSearcher

Fledgling Freddie
why amusing? Mythic are doing a much better job than GoA

if there were listening to the community they would try and save the english servers and the hundreds of dedicated paying customers and as its from the Europe EA mythic news board i would say so far there arent listening or am i missing something here that only you know?

oh and btw this aint a flame thread just something i thought was amusing

aika

Can't get enough of FH
if you mean Dyvet, then its run by GoA, and Mythic has nothing to do with it.

TheSearcher

Fledgling Freddie
if you mean Dyvet, then its run by GoA, and Mythic has nothing to do with it.

seen as EA Mythic and only been involved in the game for a little amount of time and this guy states he has been with the game for the last 6 years its obvious he has been with the team from the start as stated in his news post

aika

Can't get enough of FH
seen as EA Mythic and only been involved in the game for a little amount of time and this guy states he has been with the game for the last 6 years its obvious he has been with the team from the start as stated in his news post

what? :) EU servers are not run by Mythic and neither by EA Europe or whatever.

US servers are run by Mythic.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Haha just watch in future as EA/Mythic/GOA try to erase the English EU cluster from DAOC history.

Mark Jacobs has already said GOA are doing a great job, totally ignoring the plight of the enlish servers in europe.

The writings on the wall repeat it at your peril for WAR.

Eble

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Mythic has nothing to do with the european servers as Aika said and EA has nothing to do with it neither.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Mythic listens to their subscribers.. You'd know that if you play on US servers

GoA does not listen to their subscribers.. You'd know that if you play on EU servers

As aika and Kinag already told you, Mythic and EA has no influence on Dyvet at all

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic has nothing to do with the european servers as Aika said and EA has nothing to do with it neither.

In that case, they had "nothing" to do with the Italian servers either.

And yet they stepped in a took the franchise from the italian company and awarded it to GoA

Granted, the Italian company were more likely to be in breach of the contract, buy not patching in time etc.

But the fact remains that Mythic have intervened in the case of servers that they contracted out to a third party.

It's kinda telling that of the 7 PM's I sent Missy on VN, 3 (about non-GoA/Dyvet issues were answered in less than a day with the "thanks for the Info, I will pass it onto the guys in the office") and the 4 PM's about the dyvet cluster remain unacknowledged.

I think Eble is right, Mythic are trying to sweep the Dyvet issue under the carpet.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
In that case, they had "nothing" to do with the Italian servers either.

And yet they stepped in a took the franchise from the italian company and awarded it to GoA

Granted, the Italian company were more likely to be in breach of the contract, buy not patching in time etc.

But the fact remains that Mythic have intervened in the case of servers that they contracted out to a third party.

It's kinda telling that of the 7 PM's I sent Missy on VN, 3 (about non-GoA/Dyvet issues were answered in less than a day with the "thanks for the Info, I will pass it onto the guys in the office") and the 4 PM's about the dyvet cluster remain unacknowledged.

I think Eble is right, Mythic are trying to sweep the Dyvet issue under the carpet.

GoA's responsibility. Mythic would only get involved if GoA contracted them for a resolution, which would involve payment.

GoA run Dyvet end of story.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH

Mythic is the franchise awarder and retain all IPR related to the game
End of story ;)
and have previously set the precident where by they intervened with the fate of a server they did not "run".

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie

I think that should have read something like this:

GoA ran Dyvet down the bumpy road through the fence over the field and off the cliffs. But the server has no dents in it honest guys and all those people are 'just on a break' back around January 2008.

Eble

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic is the franchise awarder and retain all IPR related to the game
End of story ;)
and have previously set the precident where by they intervened with the fate of a server they did not "run".

You're clutching at straws :(

Mythic wouldnt interfere directly as GoA has successfully been running daoc for years, and still have successful servers. To all intense and purposes im sure mythic are very happy with how things have been run. Population decline would just be seen as a natural part of the product lifeline.

And goes back to the main point - they are two seperate businesses, solutions that involve coding for Euro customers would require GoA to contract Mythic for the time - and that aint gonna happen. [Go on GoA, proove me wrong - please!]

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the virtual grass is always greener on the other server....

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the problem isnt the server... the problem is the game.

The game is dead! time to move on. rolling on another server is just prolonging the pain. The game is dead cuz its basically not being developed, its in a state of care and maintainance with VERY minimal resources on it. This would be fine if the point at which they "had given up the game", was a healthy place with a fairly stable and entertaining end game. Unfortunetly NF doesnt fall into that criteria. Theres not much point to playing daoc even on a populated server nowadays.

age of conan looks cool though

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH

The game is dead! time to move on. rolling on another server is just prolonging the pain. The game is dead cuz its basically not being developed, its in a state of care and maintainance with VERY minimal resources on it. This would be fine if the point at which they "had given up the game", was a healthy place with a fairly stable and entertaining end game. Unfortunetly NF doesnt fall into that criteria. Theres not much point to playing daoc even on a populated server nowadays.

age of conan looks cool though

your turn to lay down the crackpipe

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
You're clutching at straws :(

Mythic wouldnt interfere directly as GoA has successfully been running daoc for years, and still have successful servers. To all intense and purposes im sure mythic are very happy with how things have been run. Population decline would just be seen as a natural part of the product lifeline.

And goes back to the main point - they are two seperate businesses, solutions that involve coding for Euro customers would require GoA to contract Mythic for the time - and that aint gonna happen. [Go on GoA, proove me wrong - please!]

I fail to see how I'm clutching at straws ;)
Tbh, I moved on from dyvet close to a year ago, and I'm at the point on US classic, that I probably wouldn't transfer my excal chars even if I could.

We all know that GoA run the EU servers, stating that adds nothing to the discussion

However by stating that there has been the situation in the past that mythic has transfered the running of a failing server from one company to another is a fact, but one that is overlooked, both on VN and sometimes here.

I agree on one front though, it will never happen with regards to Dyvet, the population is so low it's not viable financially, but the Italian servers shows that it is contractualy and technically.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
We all know that GoA run the EU servers, stating that adds nothing to the discussion

It has to be stated over and over again because people seem to forget that GOA also run the German and French servers that are doing fine. Quite alot better at player retention than in the US. Mythic have had to cluster and recluster and are looking at clustering again the remaining servers. The German servers only recently got clustered.

Clive Aminal

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic does listen to their subscribers. When patch 1.89 rolled around on the US servers, a lot of sound effects where changed along with the new icons. Everyone hated them and they were removed within 24hrs. Mythic also added a zip file to their site for those who wanted to continue using the old icons.

Mythic often make changes based on customer feed back within days of any patch.

GoA on the other hand rarely seem to listen to their english subscribers, but then english subscribers make up such a small percentage of the playerbase, and well, GoA seem to have an entirely different work ethic than Mythic do.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Poster Selfowned :(

Mythic are actually very helpful ... as for those frenchies :I

Punishment

Resident Freddy

There is still no MMO with a better endgame PvP/RvR setup imo ;)

Us servers are actually run perfectly ... maybe you are tired of the game , but there is life in the old dog yet :D

censi

Can't get enough of FH
If your still out there enjoying the game then thats cool and thats your opinion. For me towards the end, even the fights with the good quality opponents got too predictable. Many thanks to the defensive change patch. It took the sting out of fights and made fights last too long, which is ZZzzzzz.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
If your still out there enjoying the game then thats cool and thats your opinion. For me towards the end, even the fights with the good quality opponents got too predictable. Many thanks to the defensive change patch. It took the sting out of fights and made fights last too long, which is ZZzzzzz.

But you only played a tiny part of the game. You played a solo stealther in a game thats excels at group combat. I got bored of solo fights after about 3 fights, however I never got bored with my healer and now enjoy playing druid or bard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom