Choose a new class :D

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Probably been posted before a while back, but in the future with the next expansion maybe , what new class <From your main realm> would u like to see. ?

Personally for Albion id love to see a new class called The Chosen One , which is basicly a Shop attendant from S-Mart who gets sent back in time to recover the necronomicon from Morgana and her deadly forces of the undead . He could have Dual weild, being one hand using normal weapons and the second hand switching between Metal fist and Chainsaw styles. With ofc a long range attack like bows called Boomstick. Each style accompanied by some comedy dialogue like "Yo she bitch... come get some". Maybe make a quest based around this class too, i dunno, maybe call it.. Army of Darkness or something original like that..

Wont happen ofc.. but if they could implement a quest based upon Ash id cream my pants. Other than that, just gimme an alb class with more instas like the 100000000000000 mid and hib classes get, oh and more utility too.

What class would u like o_O ??

fortunefish

Banned
char name: dont know

weapon skills : Mele

ideas :

Studded only
Can duel wield shield and carry VERY small/fast slash/crush/thrust weps in the same hands kinda a multiweapon class.

small shield + small weapon duel wielded... fast hitting low dmg low AF

char name: dont know

I was thinking a caster

It has a ability that transforms itsself into the skin (skin only) of a enemy realm player and is focus this would be cool for necros imo as it would cause confuision to a gimped rvr class which target to choose. this could be in painworking line as none ever uses it. ( well... no sane people :eek2: )

I thought of a cool idea the other day when i was getting very annoyed having to run everywhere with my mincer for a decent pet.

If a class was intirely pet based...and had no other abilitys i think it wud be a nice idea to have it "remember" 10 of the best pets but maby reducing effectivness by 5% this would be kinda cool and along the necro ideas so if you were in a grp that needed a healing pet u cud go to quickbar3 and stick one out if a nuker etc etc. this would also mean bringing in PVE pets into rvr. so there wud have to be a max level allowed on it IE no sallys or maidens ;).

A char that can use wands...seem kinda cool and u can level a arti in offhand but they r extremely rare atm and i want one...think its a nice idea to encorperate them more.

some thoughts...ive forgotted what the topic was so excuse me if this wasnt when u asked but it was fun and im tired :S

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i'd like a bainlock.
chambered aoe bolt+dd. would be nice.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
for mid

no idea what class name would be

would be primarily a melee dmg dealer but can cast small heals and a nuke on a 10 second timer, along with a strong nuke, that sacrifices the casters health in order to do damage. also has 2 inst dots that stack - one being pbaoe dot, toher being ranged inst dot.

so studded armor

would only wield staffs but has an ability to snap the staff to duel wield - increasing damage for say 10 minutes but increasing casting time by 2 seconds, or doubling it.

has 5 spec lines - staff, rejuv, and destruction, self improvement, parry

staff has styles, but not like friars staff, has own staff styles, but all of which have a prereq, unlike friars staff. this makes the class a good solo pve class but in pvp not that great because cant style unless u have the prereq. ofc has positionals making it great in groups.

i know this sounds alot like a friar, but hopefully they will b balanced - small heals, good nukes require hp, adequate in combat, decent armor, self only buffs.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
and a caster class;

followers of a god hid for a long time in the elements and surroundings

they have 3 spell lines - frost, flames and shadows.

frost - movement reduction spells and damage including a spell where they create shards of ice thats there aoe dmg spell

flames - dot spells and light dd dmg

shadows - these are like fade spells that makes them harder to notice, and reduces damage taken, and increased damage done, but reduces buffs on them (kinda like shade form in wow) and heals on them etc etc.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Midgard should get a Beastmaster - a class with petspam (hounds, or birds etc), wearing studded, and able to spec bow, but no stealth.

Able to use 1h weapons only in melee (need one hand free to command pets ^^ ), bow for ranged (but doesnt get crit shot and other archer specific stuff), a summoning/spam line and a utility line (some selfbuffs, maybe a self-HoT, some pet enhance etc), parry line for defence.

Brite

Banned
Midgard

Defensive Caster

War Summoner (or better name best i could think of)

Summons little weapons like you have from ML10 drops that run to an enemy and attack in the summoning line

Dark line your average nuke and somthing useless like a snare root :p

Suppression line will have debuffs of sorts along with some type of anoying debuff pet thats aoe interupts and breaks mezzes like a shit house

Also has AoE root and insta pbaoe root much the same as shaman pbaoe disease
Has group magic ablatives

Make it green so it becomes invisble on grass like the banshee does on snow and have chain stunning pets along with stupid snaring nuker pets that own gates with no danger of oil, bolt range mezz, 400 damage pbaoe, baseline stun and 207 damage nukes, baseline 11dps dmg add and unblockable bolts, what else did i miss out... hmm chain armour, godmode rr5 RA, baseline lifetap, free MoC, insta interupts and anything else you want to add :p

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
Make it green so it becomes invisble on grass like the banshee does on snow and have chain stunning pets along with stupid snaring nuker pets that own gates with no danger of oil, bolt range mezz, 400 damage pbaoe, baseline stun and 207 damage nukes, baseline 11dps dmg add and unblockable bolts, what else did i miss out... hmm chain armour, godmode rr5 RA, baseline lifetap, free MoC, insta interupts and anything else you want to add :p

sounds inline with warlock and bonedancer. suggest to mythic maybe?

Bleam

Fledgling Freddie
The Dancer

Spec lines: Dance, Rejuvation, Enhancements, Elements of Nature

Dance
Being able to do mezz-kinda spells, lull's and roots, debuffs and such

Rejuvation
Working same way as the Mending line of a Shaman

Enhancements
Base buffs for everyone
Endurance buffs for everyone
SELF Piety buff
SELF Power regain buff

Elements of Nature
Being able to spec this line, makes you be one with the nature, with mezmerizing reduction shields, resist buffs, damage shields, and so on (group buffs ofc!), and OP healproc :D

This being an Albion class would improve the realm's needs!

Ability to wear Chain, Large Shields with no spec, and any type of weapon! (Slash Crush Thrust Flex, but unstyled)

Let's say, an OP cleric of DooM

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Ok this is one that will never get past the testing of Mythic but it would rock:

A new caster class, with all kind of pets...Like buffer pets, archer pets, nuking pets or tanking pets. Also should have healer pets which heal the caster when it takes damage. Should also have a lifetap which can be cast every 4 seconds, and is instant. This makes the caster amazingly hard to kill due there abbility to lifetap from their targets (thus chain interrupting other casters) and also the healer pets they got healing the caster. Also should get a baseline root, abbility to debuff their lifetap, some spec nukes and a spec dot. Now this would be an overpowered class!

oh wait... :p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
If there will ever come new classes again (which I really wish there wouldn't as some classes are already not balanced and they need to balance all older classes first) I would think it would be something like:

Mids
They will get a class with even more insta's then a BD or Warlock combined, cheesy ML lines but the class will be nerfed quite fast.

Alb
They will get a class with some random spells which will make it even harder to make a decent group with all the utility already spread over so many characters.

Hib
They will probably get a caster with no stun so they will complain that they can't play it without stun so Mythic adds AoE stun a few patches after it is released.

If they will ever release new classes I think I am pretty close to what classes it going to be.

meerclar

Can't get enough of FH
i would like to see a pet class along the lines of a diabolist.
summons demons.
as he progresses in levels he can add via pet buffs to the demon`s armament.
eg: better claws/teeth/hide/wings(movement).
different spec lines would decide if the pet was a tank/caster/hybrid.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
An Elemental Fighter

The fighters weapons are imbued with elemental magic (glowy weapons) :p each type of element does different things to the enemy. e.g. Ice ... the enemy's attack speed is decreased by 10%, Fire ... the enemy is burnt (bleed) every attack, Wind ... the enemy has a higher chance to fumble as his weapon is being blasted by strong gusts of wind.

Speccing Ice could harden his armour, Fire weaken his armour but give him stronger attacks, wind pushes away attackers or something :p

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
meerclar said:
i would like to see a pet class along the lines of a diabolist.
summons demons.
as he progresses in levels he can add via pet buffs to the demon`s armament.
eg: better claws/teeth/hide/wings(movement).
different spec lines would decide if the pet was a tank/caster/hybrid.

this would make the class rely on the pet in pvp and as it appears to be a caster class they will die quickly, and no one pays attention to the pet in pvp as once the casters dead so is the pet :p tho this sounds like a good class for keep defence :D <shrug> just how i see it

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
bah i only made the soddin post so people might start talking about Army of Darkness and start a conversation about just how cool the film is and hat Ash is the best anti-hero ever :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
there's already a drop called "Weno'aik's Boom Stick" - I'll let you guess who it drops from :)

Ubbis

Fledgling Freddie
Class for Giants

A class thats is in all realms but in different version could be fun, so it would be seen as unbalanced. Maybe a class for all the big ones in the world, Troll, Firbolg and Half ogre.

Uses really big slow hammers, got castable procs for the hammer, like AE stun procc. Uses AE Styles.

Got different defensive stances that decrease run speed but adds dmg/armor etc.

He should ofc get some magic to "pull" mobs with.

The class would mainly be a good class vs several other melee classes. Since all of the class would be big and slow they would be easy caster food, so somekind of magic resistance spells would be good.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Ok this is one that will never get past the testing of Mythic but it would rock:

A new caster class, with all kind of pets...Like buffer pets, archer pets, nuking pets or tanking pets. Also should have healer pets which heal the caster when it takes damage. Should also have a lifetap which can be cast every 4 seconds, and is instant. This makes the caster amazingly hard to kill due there abbility to lifetap from their targets (thus chain interrupting other casters) and also the healer pets they got healing the caster. Also should get a baseline root, abbility to debuff their lifetap, some spec nukes and a spec dot. Now this would be an overpowered class!

oh wait... :p

And he can have all those pets with the same spec !!!!!

/sarcasm off

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
A secondary healer for Alb who's other abilities aren't nigh on useless in rvr :p, preferably with baseline stun and/or single target insta mezz at standard casting range.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Albs don't need another mezz class.

Minstrel, Theurg & Sorc is enough if you ask me..

Mid need a pet spamming class, alb and hib aren't really lacking variance in classes, they aren't missing any one thing if you ask me. (ok new classes imbalance things a bit but not too much)

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
here is an idea, how about the fix what is wrong with some of the older classes.

Like make dex a raising stat on a frair, ( ohh wait, close but no ciggy with 1.75)
Give Wizzys a touch more Until,
Get rid of double spec'ing for alb tanks.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
[SS]Gamblor said:
Like make dex a raising stat on a frair, ( ohh wait, close but no ciggy with 1.75)

problem with that is that friars use mostly, if not only dex for their staff. friars are doing enough damage as it is, concidering they are a hybrid class and not a tank.

/edit: and the reason that friars isnt getting dex to be the primary stat raise on lvl up is because of the self dex/qui buff afaik.. seem to remember reading something along those lines in a old grab bag from mythic...

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
staff dmg is pure dex aye.

But it's really hard to get the right balance with drops as i lvl'd up.

as it stands now, with 5 b00fing and dex cap rases my dex cap is 327.

But i know some friars with 340 - 360 dex.

It would at least get some of the old sk00l friars back in teh game , and with any luck get some more peeps rolling one.. but god forbid that friars become fotm :eek7:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
The last thing Mythic wants is to encourage Friars from playing as a tank - they already added a third healing class to Albion to offset part of that mistake with the Heretic. I wouldn't expect Friars to get Dex as primary stat - anytime soon. You serve your realm better with providing the resists only that class has than yet-another-tank.

Anyway, Midgard doesn't need anything remotely like a tank. We got enough of those - give pet-spam. :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
Albs don't need another mezz class.

I did say insta mezz at normal casting range, not greedy single target will do :p

Dukat

Resident Freddy
non-stealthy archer class for each realm, no critshot, but bow styles instead (short dur mezz/stun/root, bleed, disarm, maybe nearsight arrows?) give hib a class with sheild+self buffs+speed, give alb a class with polearm/2h+pet+speed, give mids a DW class with self buffs+speed.

The bows would be the same for all realms, the max range for the bows would be the same as hunters arrows, or maybe a few hundred units shorter.

The bow styles would have to be very weak, so as to avoid overpowering, however, this class could be made into a caster hunter (more so than archers atm) and weak to tanks, to try to balance out the rvr solo situation atm.

They would have either studded or leather armour, with either low evade or no evade at all.

Speed would be solo only, to encourage the class into a more solo role.

somthing like this:

Albion:
Pathfinder
Spec lines:
Bow
Slash
Thrust
2 Hand
Polearm
Parry
Tracking(pet+speed specline)

Hibernia:
Wayseeker
Spec lines:
Bow
Blades
Piercing
Blunt
Shield
Tracking(self buffs+speed specline)

Midgard:
Preyfinder
Spec lines:
Bow
Axe
Left Axe
Parry
Tracking(self buffs+speed specline)

The idea would be to give mid a ranger without stealth, alb a hunter without stealth and hib a scout without stealth :)

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
They shouldn't be adding to the number of classes. They should be fixing the old classes. A number of classes from all realms have been left behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom