Chelsea vs. Tottenham

MegaMaejter

Banned
Chelmsford to London is what, 40 minutes on a train, can't be that far.

Copenhagen to Manchester is........somewhat further :D

1 hour with a plane kinda.
Might seem far but then again, if you rode your bike to london that would seem quite far aswell.

An gardé!

:p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Tottenham played scrappy, dont see how thumping long balls up from defence deems them worthy of a goal.

And tbf chelsea are no more unfair than any other team they just get hated on more because they're good.

not quite as good as their price tag though.

people hate them because they have no history and would rather throw money about until they win something.

not that it matters, by the end of next season abramovich (sp?) will have got bored of his toy and they and they will go back to mid table where they belong. most of their "fans" will drop them like a sack of shit when they don't win anything this season too, ofc they have some real fans, but there are a fuck loads more fans compared to 5 years ago

Vladamir

FH is my second home
not that it matters, by the end of next season abramovich (sp?) will have got bored of his toy and they and they will go back to mid table where they belong.

Where on earth did you get that from?

The last time Chelsea finished mid table was 1996, since then it's been top 6.

Abramovich didn't take over until 2003 :eek:

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Chealsea got bought out of fucking Harrods or something. And they dive to much to. Like really fuck of Drogba no one even touches him and he dive's around on the floor like someone's gone and stamped in his face or something.

Is a piss take tbh.

But when the day comes when Spurs win the premiersip it will taste even sweeter as we know we deserved it. Start from the bottom and work your way up. Not cheat, buy a ladder and find your already up there. :wanker:

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Chealsea got bought out of fucking Harrods or something. And they dive to much to. Like really fuck of Drogba no one even touches him and he dive's around on the floor like someone's gone and stamped in his face or something.

Is a piss take tbh.

But when the day comes when Spurs win the premiersip it will taste even sweeter as we know we deserved it. Start from the bottom and work your way up. Not cheat, buy a ladder and find your already up there. :wanker:

Drogba has grown a pair this year and look what he's capable of.

As long as Chelsea don't rock the boat as much as previous years with summer signings then the Sheva/Drogba partnership will (hopefully) be a force to be reckoned with if the form Sheva's come into is anything to go by.

It's nice to have so many football fans here who just come out with shit like yourself.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH

As long as Chelsea don't rock the boat as much as previous years with summer signings then the Sheva/Drogba partnership will (hopefully) be a force to be reckoned with if the form Sheva's come into is anything to go by.

It's nice to have so many football fans here who just come out with shit like yourself.

Football can be so fickle only a few months ago everyone was saying shevchenko was shit :fluffle:

soze

I am a FH squatter
The diving problem is not just Chel$ki its the whole Premiership.

Instead of going on about penaltys to settle draws the FA should make them selves useful and look at why it is becoming more acceptable to fall over in the box that stay on your feet and try to score.

What happened to Owen AS and Ian Wright they would struggle to stay on there feet to try to score. Maybe if the refs gave advantage to players staying on there feet and if they cant get a shot away bring it back for the penalty.

Rant over but i hate that you see it in most games now.

Do you think he has forgot that spurs were purchased too hence the signings of Defo Berbatov ect???

Thadius

Part of the furniture

Lennon should have a gold medal for his one last night

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Lennon should have a gold medal for his one last night

For his what? :p

soze said:
Do you think he has forgot that spurs were purchased too hence the signings of Defo Berbatov ect???

Everyone conveniently forgets. If Liverpool make some big signings this year and have some success, what'll it be attributed to?. ;)

brad said:
lol, not like im lying vlad his a fucking diver so you can fuck of tbh.

Top scorer in the premiership, 3rd in Europe. You don't score that many goals by diving around all the time.

Stop moaning now :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
The diving problem is not just Chel$ki its the whole Premiership.

Instead of going on about penaltys to settle draws the FA should make them selves useful and look at why it is becoming more acceptable to fall over in the box that stay on your feet and try to score.

What happened to Owen AS and Ian Wright they would struggle to stay on there feet to try to score. Maybe if the refs gave advantage to players staying on there feet and if they cant get a shot away bring it back for the penalty.

Rant over but i hate that you see it in most games now.

Owen has been known to go down easily at times, but I will give you Ian Wright.

Man Utd fan, but Ronaldo goes down too easy at times. It quite funny when you look at the 2 best players.

Ronaldo - Can go down easily if he thinks he will get something, but at times he will struggle to stay on his feet. Very hit or miss, however due to going down easily when he does get a slight touch that would knock him of balance he often gets slated by media. But that his own doing. However he is often the target for wild slashes because he is able to take on anyone with his pace and skill

Rooney - Stays on his feet at every opportunity, often by doing so he actually misses out on things as the ref's rarely pull things back. I lost count of the amount of times he has taken a whack in the box which would be clear penalty, however he struggles to stay on his feet and fucks up a shot. Never gets pulled back because an apparent advantage has been played.

When you look at the outcome of trying to be fair and staying on your feet, it seems you get penalised for doing so at times and therefore it becoming understandable as to why their dives.
Also due to blatent clear penalties being missed then it is clear why people dive. Cant remember which match it was this week (watched way too many + highlights. But one player on the 6 yard box had his back foot stood on, his front foot sliced from under him and got nothing for it, this will then lead to players going down easy trying to level the scoring as they know they should have had one and if the only way to get it is by conning the ref then so be it.

Wont say it is a good thing, the old days of physical contact are long gone. Just 10-20 years ago a keeper would catch the ball and if a forward tried to block their kick/throw they would push the guy to the ground and then thrown/kick the ball out. Now that be a sending off offence with most refs.. pfft. Give it 10 years and they be saying you cant tackle an opponent. The only way you can get the ball is if they miss place a pass or the ball goes out of play!

Marc

FH is my second home
Its all these johnny foreigner fancy boys who have brought the diving to the premiership, such that its a part of the game now. Fair play to englishmen like Andy Johnson though, never looking to win a free kick or penalty, instead choosing to stay on his feet all the time.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Owen has been known to go down easily at times, but I will give you Ian Wright.

Man Utd fan, but Ronaldo goes down too easy at times. It quite funny when you look at the 2 best players.

Ronaldo - Can go down easily if he thinks he will get something, but at times he will struggle to stay on his feet. Very hit or miss, however due to going down easily when he does get a slight touch that would knock him of balance he often gets slated by media. But that his own doing. However he is often the target for wild slashes because he is able to take on anyone with his pace and skill

Rooney - Stays on his feet at every opportunity, often by doing so he actually misses out on things as the ref's rarely pull things back. I lost count of the amount of times he has taken a whack in the box which would be clear penalty, however he struggles to stay on his feet and fucks up a shot. Never gets pulled back because an apparent advantage has been played.

When you look at the outcome of trying to be fair and staying on your feet, it seems you get penalised for doing so at times and therefore it becoming understandable as to why their dives.
Also due to blatent clear penalties being missed then it is clear why people dive. Cant remember which match it was this week (watched way too many + highlights. But one player on the 6 yard box had his back foot stood on, his front foot sliced from under him and got nothing for it, this will then lead to players going down easy trying to level the scoring as they know they should have had one and if the only way to get it is by conning the ref then so be it.

Wont say it is a good thing, the old days of physical contact are long gone. Just 10-20 years ago a keeper would catch the ball and if a forward tried to block their kick/throw they would push the guy to the ground and then thrown/kick the ball out. Now that be a sending off offence with most refs.. pfft. Give it 10 years and they be saying you cant tackle an opponent. The only way you can get the ball is if they miss place a pass or the ball goes out of play!

I can see you point on most of that execpt Rooney his dive vs us to end the unbeaten run had Zero contact and i will never forgive or forget that. So he loses a shit load of points for that.

But i have seen both Owen and Fowler tell the ref they tripped and were not tackeled. Even saw Fowler pass his penalty right back to our keeper as it should never have been given. Its those things that stick in your mind.

But its a circle the more players fall over for every touch hopefully the more the fa and the refs will slap them for it.

I think there should be something from the FA stating if you can stay on your feet and you don't its as good as a dive. But if you do stay on your feet but you do not get control of the ball again and the tackle made you lose the chance, the Ref should then call it back to the penalty like any other advantage.

At the moment you can see players running into the box and looking for a foul it looks like its making players forget how to shoot. I think RVP for us is as bad at this as most he sometimes runs into the box and just keeps twisting and turning till some one touches him,

Everyone conveniently forgets. If Liverpool make some big signings this year and have some success, what'll it be attributed to?. ;)

Obviously it was Liverpools excelent youth policy coming good the 2 or 3 big player who came in had nothing to do with it it was the kids!

Either that or they will say we are allowed to buy the leauge we have history 5 Cham.... bla bla bla ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom