Cheats and bans

censi

Can't get enough of FH
aint you also describing SSL encyption there. who knows what mythic are doing.

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
@Esselinithia

Afaik only the old Odins Eye was a man in the middle radar (Mythic encrypted the data stream to make this harder - oh and public key cryptosystems are crackable although the effort probably isn't worth it for a mmo).

Most of them operate because windows lets you read another process's memory space, and usually it's possible to track down important data structures (such as the co-ordinates for everything) and do what ever the hell you like with that information. There's a lot mythic can do to make things harder, but I doubt they'll be more then a few steps ahead of the hackers, QQ! :(

I've been radared a few times and frankly it sucks.

Memory sniffer radar programs are suffering atm. Due to the way x,y coordinates are encoded, the radar software itself must be "plugged in" to the daoc memory. This is what they scan for. It was introduced as of 1.70 but reportedly improved for 1.75 (hence the recent batch of detections)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
>to the way x,y coordinates are encoded, the radar software itself must be "plugged in" to the daoc memory

You're probably thinking about ReadProcessMemory() unfortunately that's not the only way to do that under windows (there are some nasty ring 0 device driver based methods too).

Hopefully mythic can detect these too, and shut the radar down.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Joohl said:
Why not have a public execution ingame, this is a fantasy world, where some big lord command the executioner in a big voice.

OFF WITH THEIR HEAD!!!!!!!.......
{chopp} <chaters name> has been slain by <executioner name>.........
npc croud go :bazbeer: folowed by silence.......

then have an undertaker drag the body off to some dark cave where they may not rest i peace.

This way it's a ingame event and they have only tou pdate there EULA, so it state that cheaters char name will be killed ingame if they are caught, and everyone click <YES> to EULA at instalation. (I'v read it have you?)

Hell I'd have a char constantly logged at execution area to get there asap and see everyone of those executions, I'll even buy Fraps and record it :)

haha fcking brilliant :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom