Cheaters! Zarza and Octocon.. SOOO LAME!!

• Thread starter Urme the Legend
  • Start date
T

Tilda

There is a new cheat that allows you to go through doors, fly, etc etc. GOA know. Those using it will be banned.

Tilda

D

Driwen

Originally posted by deerstalker
It's called volley, it's a Ground Target RA, 5 shot archer bankrupter.. costs 16 points. and I love it :D

DS

costs 14 :p (well actually longshot costs 6 and volley 8 iirc and you need longshot to get volley).

Tilda going through the 2nd door is in most cases atm not the cheat you are talking about atleast. Those people have the new keep layout for most keeps (nottmore, as it is in US version too, is still the same) so they dont have a 2nd door where it normally is, but they do have one at the tower for the lord room (so they cant enter that one unless the 2nd door has been breached).
Atleast that was how I saw it when I found out, I had this bug (found it out last night in glenlock when it was in our hands). Then logged and tried to fix it somehow and in the end just reinstalled the game and deleted the old game folder.

So your cheat might exist, but most people walking through the 2nd door arent using a cheat program, but are just abusing a bug in the game. They still should be banned, but there is a slight difference between using a cheat program and abusing a bug you have on you.

T

Tilda

Response (CS) 10/28/2003 04:59 PM
Greetings,

It has come to our attention that you were behaving weirdly last night during a keep take. The behaviour included going "through" keeps and doors.
We are aware that such problem can happen in some special situations and, before taking any actions, we STRONGY invite you to reinstall your Dark Age of Camelot using the installation CD.
If we receive any further report, we will have to consider that this warning has been ignored and will have to take actions.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

D

Driwen

goa is pointing towards the patching to US version bug and going through keep/door is still not flying and it still isnt an actual cheat program.

T

Tilda

Originally posted by driwen
goa is pointing towards the patching to US version bug and going through keep/door is still not flying and it still isnt an actual cheat program.

and? There are 2 ways, 1 the US patch bug, and 2 a cheat program. GOA know about both of these.

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by Tilda
and? There are 2 ways, 1 the US patch bug, and 2 a cheat program. GOA know about both of these.

make me mod tilda

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Galiryn
find my stick please :(

bastard left it in the middle of the room :(
/em sneaks of with the stick to another room :D

E

elbeek

2 Albs were inside, they were told to exit, afaik they did. I agree that bug abuse is spoiling the game, wether it is Albs, Hibs or Mids.

Shame on anyone knowingly cheating.

D

Deskiziado

Zarza was asking about second door too, he didn't try exploit a bug, only he didn't know what happened

S

Slu

If anyone remembers back to the beta / release of DAoC then there was also incidents where some people saw a closed door, while others saw an opened door.

It was just a bug back then and it was simply fixed by relogging.

Very annoying though and it should surely be fixed.

Anyway I think GoA should make an official announcement on their website and clarify this for everyone. If everyone knows about this bug, then people should think twice before taking advantage of it next time.

oh and you have to be pretty retarded if you get caught using a cheat program by just getting inside a keep. Talk about waste of use :p

PS! Whisp! Stop post farming :p /em steals the stick!

S

Sichama

One thing to consider...
if someone ends up in the keep when the second door isn't down yet and obviously he isn't a stealther, and this happens because of a bug what can he do?

One possible solution is to do a /stuck so the game can place him outside (hopefully).

So the person imediately does exactly that, /stuck and sits down....now if he gets killed by players shouldn't he report them for taking advantage of a bug?

Just a question....

O

old.Sko

I do believe that some people used strong google skills and downloaded piece of code which comes with following readme:
---Cut---
About
-----
This tool uses all possible security holes in the communication
between the DAoC-server and your client to modify the data. (proxy)

INCLUDED commands to:
- change your speed
- open any gate
- fly
- beam
- keep moving while mezzed/rooted/stuned
- change starting model
- etc.

This DOES NOT:
- change anything of your level/stats/gold/items
- generate any items
- makes you stronger in combat

Installation
------------
Just extract both files (.exe and .dll) to one dir.

Usage
-----
- Launch DAoC
- wait until patching has finished
- enter your password
- select NO CHAR for quickstart (!!!)
- DON'T PRESS "OK"
- launch *****
- adjust *****'s settings (e.g. DAoC-server)
- now you can press "OK" and the DAoC-password screen
- login to the "cheatserver" which is your selcted server from the **** settings
- enjoy the game :p

Remember
--------
!!!!! Cheating SUCKS !!!!!
But with more and more people using small cheats, hacks or mappers
it's time for Mythic to redesign their data-handling.
We hope that Mythic will analyse this tool as fast as possible and
will install countermeasures against this security holes!!
It should not be too difficult for them, but just thinking that their
cryproutines are safe is stupid. (just changing the routines to "disarm"
known cheattools is even more stupid)

Hope this will open their eyes...

----Cut----

R

Ravenbourne

Originally posted by Lumikki
Sometimes daoc bugs for me in the way that I can see through all keeps and castles, wonder if I'm the only one?

xx

Happens to me, DL completly vanishes sometimes, never had doors vanish before though

S

ScarletPinp

everyone knows the stick belongs to me, i use it to poke holes in mids...

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Deskiziado
Zarza was asking about second door too, he didn't try exploit a bug, only he didn't know what happened

If he enteres the courtyard because he can't see the second door, he is still bug-abusing. Might not be any gain in it, but that is still abusing a bug.

People know that the second door is there seeing as everybody else around him is stand still hitting at something (like the keep door) - it does certainly not take a genious to figure *that* much out.

A

asar

Originally posted by Urme the Legend
Zarza and Octocon fecking lamers at Hlid this saturday evening! Ran threw the second door like nothing! And yes you been reported but just want the Excalibur Community to know what kind of lamers you are.

63 Albs on hlid and 1fg FoM inside and you still needed to cheat.

http://www.urme.com/cheat1.jpg
http://www.urme.com/cheat2.jpg
http://www.urme.com/cheat3.jpg
http://www.urme.com/cheat4.jpg
http://www.urme.com/cheat5.jpg
http://www.urme.com/cheat6.jpg

Could have been more of you that cheated.. only got screens of you two though.

Euhm what i can see is that a MINSTREL used CLIMB WALLS and atatcked u in keep :) rest is to dark 4 me

D

Deskiziado

entering a keep to fight against enemys inside without chance of support is a bug exploit? please, use you that bug exploit, enter our keeps one by one using that bug so we can kill you easy.

Z

Zarza

Urme, Im zarza .... do u think that paladin rr3, alone, can win a grp of mids??.

Yesterday, i didnt see the 2nd door, but didnt understand the bug untill i was into.

I can do so much yesterday, because i have lot of lag when there are some players around ..... is impossible to do anything. And think that a Paly rr3 can conquest a keep ........ i think the mids were more intelligent. And open your mind about what happens, dont need a defending, maybe he try to explain a situation.

Anyway, it's possible other mates do tricks ..... it happened to me lot of times yesterday, but only the first time (i didnt know i was bugged) i enter in keep.

When you dont know all truth is very easy to accuse someone.

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Zarza
Urme, Im zarza .... do u think that paladin rr3, alone, can win a grp of mids??.

Yesterday, i didnt see the 2nd door, but didnt understand the bug untill i was into.

I can do so much yesterday, because i have lot of lag when there are some players around ..... is impossible to do anything. And think that a Paly rr3 can conquest a keep ........ i think the mids were more intelligent. And open your mind about what happens, dont need a defending, maybe he try to explain a situation.

Anyway, it's possible other mates do tricks ..... it happened to me lot of times yesterday, but only the first time (i didnt know i was bugged) i enter in keep.

When you dont know all truth is very easy to accuse someone.

Well.......
Didn't it seems strange there was no 2nd door?
Didn't it seem strange that all the people in your group stood still and hit something that wasn't there?
Didn't it seem strange that you were allmost alone inside the courtyard?

:rolleyes:

L

liloe

Euhm what i can see is that a MINSTREL used CLIMB WALLS and atatcked u in keep rest is to dark 4 me

well no matter. a minstrel who can equip a kite shield is cheating, too.....so that wouldn't be a big issue imho =)

Z

Zoldot

The mids shouldn'¨t have been banned!
dont know if they got but anyway.
The difference betweeen this and mids is kinda big. by now more ppl know about the bug because of the threads in BW but when mids did how well known wa sthe bug by then? and the mids didnt atack ppl like albs did, theyw ere there killed guards ofc since guards atacked them,. then an alb killed 1 or 2 of the mids whatever and then the mids atacked the alb ofc.

ofc ppl will alwayts say they didn't knew about the bug etc even if they do just so its a less chance they get banned.
I ccan't say the albs knew about the bug and that htey should be banned. but its more reason to ban these albs then the mids.
ban these albs can be discussed. but hte mids should not be banned.
and dont ask me why I sad why in the thread.

G

Gorrion

1st of all my big respect to Urme and the fine guild fellowship of midgard!, always nice to have them around.

this is the 2nd time i read a post about door's beeing buged and obviously possible for some players to pass the closed door's. althoug please do not threaten to ban players of this ingame bug i plea, to ban eachother for a bug ingame is evil thought. if players find themself in a situation where they should not be or unentintionaly get involved in a bug that shift the tide of a siege/war, please try to get out of that sitiuation as fast as possible and report the bug to GOA, and make a statement here on BW.
by now im sure GOA is aware of this bug and will fix it in a comming patch, until then lets try enjoy the nice fight's we still have, even somtimes things is not what they seem to be :)

Z

Zarza

Didn't know the door was visible for other players. If you dont see the door, u enter. I was outside guarding casters, and when i was in front of the 1st door, didn't see the 2nd door.... as everyone do, i go inside. I could understand the bug, if i was hitting the first.

If u play with lag, u can see what the other players do.

But when I was alone inside .... it was strange as u say .... but was too late to understand that there were a bug. Anyway, i didnt take advantage about it, because when i understood the situation, i go out. As i say, I'm rr3, and there's 1fg mid inside... do u think i could kill all of them?? .... at least 1??.

Anyway, it was on the first keep, I learnt then. On the following keeps, didn't take advantage with bug. I don't think it's cheating if u don't know and dont take advantage.

Originally posted by Xandax
Well.......
Didn't it seems strange there was no 2nd door?
Didn't it seem strange that all the people in your group stood still and hit something that wasn't there?
Didn't it seem strange that you were allmost alone inside the courtyard?

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread