Cheaters rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

old.NorthernMonkey

why you ask :

Straight from the page of a cheat web site:

"Why?
Essentially for fun. We enjoy ruining your game. We just would love to see your face when you are getting TK'ed and your nice evening of CS is ruined. What could be more enjoyable? If you are pissed we win. I guess we are just self-centered and find fun in ruining other people's fun. We don't care. We have concluded that this is how we can obtain the most fun out of these games. Cheating also helps piss you off, we will try to keep the site and links up to date with the most current CS cheats and etc. We know you can't be too pleased when you are trying to have a nice game of CS and someone runs up to you in a split-second and stabs you 20 times in a half a second, or when bullets are hitting you when there is no enemy in sight just to find out he was camping at the backside of a box.
We enjoy pissing you off. "

Sadly I think it comes down to who the best cheater is nowadays not who the best player is. :-(

O

old.NorthernMonkey

Originally posted by ItchyTrigaFinga
If you run a PB server, and want to stop the casual users of the OGC cheat, check out this link for how to configure it.

The new version of this cheat 4.2 gets round even this

C

Ch3tan

Discussing is one thing, reading about cheats on sites which let u d/l them is a step closer to doing it yourself.

kurt give some good advice, tell poeple not to follow yours.

Their is no justification for anyone here to be trying a cheat for any reason, its lame.

EDIT >

What im trying to say is, CS/ HL/ mods are fun. You have more fun when you dont know about cheats, and are not in the know as to where to get them from.

Remember from "the Matrix" - ignorance is bliss.

O

old.mraargh

cheats continued - admins

I was on the dual duster the other night VERY late (*early) and there were several cheaters publicly admitting it. One was called Noobeh (won 289699). I was doing averagely. The amazing thing is how truly masterful players transcend cheating - because after a while of this 4k^ Darth turned up. It simply did not affect him - he had a ratio after 8 minutes of 5:1. I take from this a salutary piece of advice: one thing you CAN do to combat cheats is work hard on your game. There is nothing a cheater can do if 4k^Darth turns up BEHIND him and shoots him in the head.

It was heartening to see Darth give us this object lesson in fast-paced play, and deeply embarrassing to the cheaters who were getting deeply owned despite their shoddy habits.

Secondly, there is one thing I think BW Admins could do to combat this because I can vouch for the fact that the vast majority of players don't cheat. Have a list of non-admins but repected players and give them the right to submit WON ids of cheaters to a list kept by BW admins. I suggest that these rights are automatically awarded to members of very well known clans who have proved themselves in LAN conditions and are well established on the clan scene - and are sensible grown-ups. This would have to be decided by wise types like Ch3tan and governed by his (no doubt wide) list of contacts.

This 'suspect' list of WON ids could be interrogated for repeated entries of the same WON ids, and then surely from there it would be a very short step towards creating a server-side app that would enable admins to go and observe the servers where these WON ids turn up.

Please note I am NOT saying that this list should be used in a vitriolic way, and I am certain that WON ids would be incorrectly listed. The other day I was kicked after 3 minutes from a private server for getting 3 kills (only 3!) in my first round. I guess thats what I get for killing the guy who was runing the server. But at least it would give a sort of guide from which admins could start to work?

I'm very curious to hear what is thought of this idea, most significantly from those wise, wizened, Yodas of CS: Ch3tan and Jobbie (My Hero). Jobbie I know you eat girders and drink Irn Bru. Stop stealing my kills.

MrAargh (puddin)

O

old.mraargh

Good players and cheats

I do have a request regarding cheat accusations for good players to take notice of: Sometimes relatively lame players join servers and get upset and hurl accusations when the simple reason they are getting owned is that the standard of play is high. This will happen on those nights Ch3tan, Jobbie, Pathfinder, Denpxc and bleh are all accupying the same server. Carnage.

Be civilised to these people - inform them that in fact there is something to observe and learn from. Mother them, in fact - its not nice to be where they are and yet with some well-selected words they will realise there is much to enjoy. As a spectator :-P.

E

Embattle

TBH there is not one person that I can say with 100% certainty that doesn't cheat....it's sad but its a fact.

S

ShockingAlberto

at the end of the day, a sizeable portion of those that cheat do so because they have no awareness or reaction speed.
these people can be combatted using the formentioned skills. it's people who have these skills, and cheat, that are the problem.

best way to get good awareness and reactions is in singleplayer imo, then play Q2 online to get used to the online gaming enviroment, then your laughing. i dont see any excuse for not having these skills. who could not want to play lots of singleplayer and Q2 DM/CTF????? best way to spend yer days :)

O

old.Ken Shabby

Try playing a bit of HLDM : not so many cheats , up-tight freaks & kids ( behaviour wise ) and you might have a bit of FUN :D

C

Ch3tan

Im flattered mraargh, that u place me with jobbie and perf there :)

TBH I only have good days, no constantly good, infact you are better than me consintently.

O

old.mraargh

Getting my arse kicked recently actually mate. It's that habit of Jobbie's of standing on your head and making you plead for forgiveness before you die and then stamping on your corpse until its lots of little bits and vowing to wipe out the rest of your family and painting his name on the wall using your entrails and bellowing BLOOD in that inimitable grisly drawl while beating his geordie chest that gets me. Love it.

Regarding my earlier point, though, it's players with style that I like. Classic players. The ones with an interest in strategy and that good old-style deathmatch brutality - playing with or against them is like reading a good book. Verpine is cool also in this respect. This is also something one can never get with cheaters, because they by definition don't have a style. Shockwave and 4k^Liquid are very 'classic' - they are just very fast and one can feel the adrenalin. As one's body vibrates with bullets passing through it and it takes you five minutes to figure out where its came from.

O

old.jobbie

well Said Mraargh.

lets hope Valve & punkbuster do get together and sort something out.

K

*Kornholio*

I've done the same as Kurt_Angle - and noticed exactly the same thing he did... there's a lot more people playing on public servers that are cheating than people would like to believe... Personally, I think all admins should have the cheat installed - reason - it makes spotting the cheaters so much easier... if someone's accused, the admin can go into the server with the wall-hack on, run a demo, and that will proove up to 95% certainty of whether the person is cheating or not.

The saddest thing I did notice was how many clan members appeared to be using a wall-hack... :rolleyes:

W

Will

Originally posted by NorthernMonkey

The new version of this cheat 4.2 gets round even this
Didn't know that, but in theory it took a bit of effort to get around it with 4.1 and 4.0
Originally posted by Kurt_Angle

...check it out for yourself...
I actually researched it for a column I wrote for my clan-site recently (should be up by tonight, pimp :D). I'm still going to keep playing while I'm enjoying myself, and I always remember to run HalfIRC before I play now...

O

old.Carl1ng

Just a little warning to you all.

Whether your running a cheat as a test or using it to try and find out if someone else is cheating you run a great risk of being banned. :( The best thing you can do when you suspect anyone of cheating is go to #bwadmins and report what you have just witnessed. If there are no admins about make a demo get as much info as possible and pass it on to an admin at a later date. (as a BW admin I cannot ban on your say so but if I recieve condeming evidence on some one I can keep an eye out for them)

Keep playing the game, dont give up as then the cheats win. Above all enjoy it go from server to server till you find a bunsh of ppl who are friendly and are out for a bit of fun.

Kill this thread now you are making a paranoid community even more paranoid.
:clap: :clap:

C

Ch3tan

aye /me sighs at the things said in this thread, and the people which have openly used cheats - for whatever reason.

W

Will

Yeah, I wouldn't try one of these cheats out on a public server. What you do in the privacy of your own home (or clan server) is another matter ;)

C

Ch3tan

Or dont be ingrates and dont try them at all.

Dont you lot see there is no justification for any of you using these cheats, at worst you may not stop or people will read this and suspect you for ever now.

Its just plain stupid, I wouldnt touch a cheat and I might have a small iota of justification.

O

old.Carl1ng

Yeah, I wouldn't try one of these cheats out on a public server. What you do in the privacy of your own home (or clan server) is another matter

Cheats on private servers, in the privacy of your own home, what ever. Once it gets out you have used them that suspicion will be there every time you have a good run of form. I will not go to a web site that allows downloads of cheats I dont want to give them the hit. If you want to see how cheats work look for demos there are loads out there.

C

cenobite

Getting accused of cheating is one of the reasons I play. Its so funny in clan games to hear 'I want rematch on PB server' etc.. :) Next time someone accuses you just wind them up since regardless of how you explain it they will never believe you :>

W

Will

The a funny point of view - when I want to see if my computer is secure, I get someone to try to hack it. Once more people are aware of these sort of problems, maybe something will get done about it...

O

old.jobbie

exactly ch3tan, why touch them in the 1st place

i have never ever even looked at a cheat since playing CS

i cant see the point really, why do it at all.

your only cheating yourself really

sad gimps

and as for admins using the cheats to spot cheaters? how on earth will that help?

i know most of the admins for bw CS are old school experienced players, (apart from erebus who is still a noob :) )
you can easily spot a wallhacker from a mile off, when im dead i like to follow ppl around and just watch them, with the experience of playing cs you know when they are wallhacking,

example i was playing BW last night, and got shot through a door before i even got there, (i was walking so no footsteps) he kept shooting till i was dead, i followed him around and he knew exactly where ppl were before he even saw them, i asked politley if he was using wallhack, he didnt answer and just left the server immidatley, no doubt in my mind that he was wallhacking, so bloody obvius.

there are a lot of fun ppl on bw at the min, mostly regulars, but if anyone thinks that i cheat, i will record a demo there and then, no questions asked, i have nothing to hide, same should go for anyone, admins who suspect ppl of cheating, could easily ask for a small demo, if they refuse then ban them, i mean it dosnt take anything to record one.

oh well back to work

O

old.Hooligun

Sorry I'm a relative noob to CS and I don't want to mix up this thread so can someone point me in the direction of instructions on recording and playing back a demo in CS ?

(Out of curiosity does it play back as 1st person or 3rd person ?).

Cheers

O

old.Soul

demo:

record <filename>
stop

when u want to watch: playdemo <filename>

on the cheat side of things we all kno how lame and sad they r etc, whats needed to have been said has been and more, lets kill this thread plz i'm sick off seeing it at top of list.

on a personal note: playing gainst a cheat last nite on 32 man server he thought he was great, he had more deaths than me and ooo did he BITE heh :)

Soul

edit: plays in 1st person (in eyes)

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Originally posted by Embattle
TBH there is not one person that I can say with 100% certainty that doesn't cheat....it's sad but its a fact.

Thats the thing, i come from a background where i was 100% certain noone was cheating.

And that went for all of us that used to bash everynight, there were no cheats, and if by per chance some biff came along with one, it stuck out like a sore thumb, and was quickly ejected.

/Re chetan

Remember from "the Matrix" - ignorance is bliss.

You could well aford to be back then:)

In this day and age that isn't so, there IS a problem, if you choose to ingore it, then so be it.

O

old.mraargh

here here

I agree with Jobbie: there is no sense in which an admin will be assisted simply by having 'used' a cheat. I wouldn't let one of those filthy things on my lovely new Athlon/Geforce computer any more than I'd squat there and poo on its keyboard or knowingly let a virus get on it.

O

old.ignus

Unfortunately the thing that causes people to cheat isn't that they want to win, its that they want to ruin our fun. That is their goal, most of them even admit this. Why anybody would be so sad as to try and upset a bunch of people on the internet we'll never know, maybe its to make up for lack of confidence in real life.

O

old.Kilostream

Originally posted by ItchyTrigaFinga
You talking about me, Kilo?

Probably Necro, but my ego could do with a boost ;)

He he, sorry Itchy, I'd love to massage your ego, but yeah it was Necro.
Besides, a) I don't know you pesonally, do I? and b) when did you ever get a score like 33-8???!!!! lol!

easy now,

Kilo:)

O

old.Hooligun

Thanks for the demo info Soul.

Just like Q2 demos then.

P.S. played on a Demon server (everybody on BW went to bed?) last night, cor, talk about dodgy stuff going on or what, could only stick it for about 20 mins before it pissed me off and I left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom