Question Cheapo Windows 7

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Hi chaps - does anyone know where I could buy windows 7 cheaply?

I have RC7100 evaluation copy, which I expect to go stink, presently due to the time out.

I have two dell pcs with vista on with the RC on a separate partition - so I'm thinking I need two copies, upgrade or full versions?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
RC 7100 wont go bad untill iirc aug 31st, so theres still time to look around.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
I think there are two expiries - one for the beta (august) and one for the RC, june. Apparently, bi-hourly shutdowns start on the RC in March, with full expiry in june - which could severly inhibit my tv show downloading :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
smurkin I have an extra copy of win7 pro (too many pre-orders). £95 inc delivery if you want it. Boxed, sealed etc.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
smurkin I have an extra copy of win7 pro (too many pre-orders). £95 inc delivery if you want it. Boxed, sealed etc.

Thats interesting Chet - is there 64 bit included with that?

The thing is, I can upgrade my vistas to home win 7 for about 64 quid each. I can't see that any of the pro stuff is needed - languages and bit locker - I don't use this stuff - is there anything else to pro that I have missed?

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah the retail pro comes with both 64bit and 32 bit versions. The only thing worth it in pro over home is the XP compatibility mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom