Cheap class for total Newb

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Necro is the cheapest class by far, you dont even have to buy armour really just farm some so u get the bonuses :)
Not as good as the others in rvr but makes a nice farm bot

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Alb: friar/necro.
Mid: warrior/cave shaman.
Hib: mentalist.

Dont know what cave you have been hiding in, but my BD is currently lvl 46 full supp and rest BA and I rarely have any downtime at all and thats when I am picking of orange con mobs. Totally solo and no BB. But ofc if you spam LT the second you engage the mob you are bound to get alot of downtime. Its all about learning to play the class. I only use LT when I need to. I try to keep things calm so if I go down to 50% in health I LT the mob or if I feel its taking to long to meele him to death.

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
afaim necroes can chain kill ( serious cahinkilling = nada dt at all) orange spirit weak mobs... lots of those around

Helme

Resident Freddy
Jobil said:
afaim necroes can chain kill ( serious cahinkilling = nada dt at all) orange spirit weak mobs... lots of those around

Thats true, powertap and heals, only downtime would be bio breaks irl :p
Also a tip if you plan to roll anything that does spirit damage, undead mob types is your best friend :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
It depends what you want, most here seem to be quoting necros for fast-to-50, but in the long term, item degrading and not being popular in groups is by far its downfall.

Heres my recomendations for getting fun out of a char in PvE

Mid:
Tank = Thane
Caster = Suppression BD

Alb:
Tank = Paladin
Caster = Cabby

Hib:
Tank = Hero or Champ
Caster = Enchanter

However, if you intend going more towards RvR and the battlegrounds:

Mid:
Cave Shammy, Shadowblade or Dark Spiritmaster

Alb:
Infiltrator and Theurgist

Hib:
Enchanter or Bard

As leveling in the BGs is now awesomely fast, you get more choice than pure mob bashing. As an inf in Thidranki you can make 10 bubs in about 3 hours at 24.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sycho said:
Played all 3 realms and rvred in all 3 for 3 years nearly, so no.

Animist with mass downtime, necro is good, bd will have downtime too.

I rather "know jackshit" than be full of shit though xD

a supp BD wont have any downtime if u stick to yellowcon or low orange... hell u can just staff the mobs to death if u want.. will take a helluva long time but u will never ever have any downtime..... :p

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
It depends what you want, most here seem to be quoting necros for fast-to-50, but in the long term, item degrading and not being popular in groups is by far its downfall.

Necros lack groups in RvR yes, but not in PvE. Which was what he wanted basically. Cheap, good PvE class. Spirit Cabalist is also pretty nice.

Nine

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for all the good advice.

Going through my usual pastime of making loads of chars and seeing what grabs me (altho I admit u can't really evaluate unless you get to a reasonably hi lvl)

I ended up making a spirit cabalist, theurgist and minstrel on Excalibur and a Thane on Prydwen.
Tried a deathsight Necro too but found it a bit dull tbh altho admittedly strong.

I'll lvl the cabby first to get some money and stuff then try out the minstrel or theurgist in battlegrounds - prolly get seriously owned as I can imagine many twinked up toons in there but it sounds like fun :)

Wish I'd tried this game years ago instead of playing AO and AC2 :rolleyes:

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
well, if you find good guild who wanna help in xp grind, but mostly giving you good armours + items etc, you get up fast.

dont accept too much powerlevel, even its good and easy way get up :) but as new player you miss something, maybe dont learn well your own char? dont learn well own realm? funny when lvl 50 is asking (midgard) where vanern is, just example.

Funkybunny

Banned
Tuppe said:
well, if you find good guild who wanna help in xp grind, but mostly giving you good armours + items etc, you get up fast.

dont accept too much powerlevel, even its good and easy way get up :) but as new player you miss something, maybe dont learn well your own char? dont learn well own realm? funny when lvl 50 is asking (midgard) where vanern is, just example.
i played mid for a loooooong time.... i still manage to get lost .. :p specially in jordheim.. always manage to get stuck in a lil corner leadin to nowhere..

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Have to consider the realm also not just the class, such as mid and alb have a ridiclous value on items.

Might pick a cheap in theory class to equip, but when you get to the stage where you require some of the higher level gear, you'll need to do alot of farming, just to kit out a "cheap class" :p

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
If alb had end regen on cleric like shamans reaver would be best soloing tank! :)

Although tbh, new Tireless helps quite a lot too!!

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
if you ever decide to go hib( cos alb is never under rated realm) go warden as a warden you can solo quite well and very group friendly , also excellent long term for rvr

Loosey

Fledgling Freddie
pound for pound the cheapest class ever is the cabalist since all you really need is a focus staff.. your pet takes and does the majority of the damage, lool i ran naked for 23 levels before i decided to buy some armor... and quick levellers too!! well post lvl 12 they are!! sapphire fortehwin and all that.

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
i played mid for a loooooong time.... i still manage to get lost .. :p specially in jordheim.. always manage to get stuck in a lil corner leadin to nowhere..

Can't let this pass:)

That corridor is named "Home of the Lost ones". A good while back I went in there just to see if ppl actually came there (I was v. bored). During 20 minutes 9 chars ran in, and 2 of them did it twice:) None I knew sadly, but 3 lvl 50's:)

The things we do to get a laugh in this game. I know I am sick btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom