Charm

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Sigurd said:
Seen New Frontiers? Please, old fellow, if you don't have a clue what you're talking about try to keep that flabby old mouth shut eh? Good chap.

you might not have noticed but these boards are for EU daoc? :p

and i believe new frontiers is still in beta...

and sigurd werent you a warrior in call of heimdall like ages ago and threatened to kill half of midgard? :p

Sigurd

Banned
Yep, yep, and yep. But I believe, unless you've only recently emerged from a dark cave, you'd notice the rather large amount of information regarding New Frontiers floating around these forums :p

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
Sigurd, it has become obvious to all of us that you and the original poster have a history; whatever that history maybe please try and stop yourself from jumping on to his posts just to criticise, honestly mate your not doing yourself any favours.

Back on track, yep sorcerors are a devil in RvR and great fun to play PvE. A whole list of utilities coupled with the best pet spell in the game. Have fun

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Sorry mate but no matter how bad a temper I have it doesn't change the fact that you're a complete and utter twat. And yes, I do know what I'm talking about, because, unlike you, I am currently playing high level RvR in the current version of the game, sorcs are the bane of all hibs and mids.

Sorry old chap, but I play high level RvR too and I feel sorry for the sorcs. They get trampled in the first couple of seconds of the fight and are spammed with more interrupts and pets than myself in an average fight.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Sigurd said:
Yep, yep, and yep. But I believe, unless you've only recently emerged from a dark cave, you'd notice the rather large amount of information regarding New Frontiers floating around these forums

aha but i believe that if you had looked at my location i am in a secret ewul cave! :D

i wont comment on sorcs because ive only met one solo once and he didnt do too well vs havoc-tyrs fury 2 handed in hamster mode

but in general they are a pain in the ass and whats more frustrating is they are good at being a pain in the ass :p

ah well im off to bed for early(ish) start :mad:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Sigurd said:
Seen New Frontiers? Please, old fellow, if you don't have a clue what you're talking about try to keep that flabby old mouth shut eh? Good chap.
I might ask you the same. You are speaking about how you are playing the "current version of the game", yet you like to pull out examples from New Frontiers when it suits you? You call MoC a Sorcerer's get-out-of-jail card, yet you fail to mention that MoC, too, has been severely nerfed in NF? You expound on the strengths of a sorcerer, including their powerful nukes and their yellow pets, but fail to realize that this would be a 46 body/44 mind specced sorc? You cry bloody murder when sorcs kill you, yet you claim to never drop below 50% health against any other class? And finally, you go to quite laughable personal attacks against anyone voicing an opinion not fitting your own utopia, and destroy a perfectly reasonable thread just because one time at band camp the thread starter offended you?

Fine.

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Coincidentally, they're also the most overpowered class in the game right now... have fun :puke:

LOL, so is that your expert opinion?

:m00:

Sigurd

Banned
Wow, someone must have run over your dog today? Sorcs ARE overpowered in the current (1.69) version of the game - MoC may get nerfed but casters get a lovely cocktail of new RAs to choose from. If you read what I said... I said I didn't drop below 50% against any other class that night... not ever. Line from advert incoming.. hmmm... should have gone to specsavers.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Apparently you are immune to subtler hints, so I will spell it out for you. You seem to think it is outrageous that there is another class in this game that can kill you, yet you never drop below 50% health against any other classes. I say it would have been outrageous if this had not been the case (regardless which class your nemesis would be). What in Heaven's name got you the idea that your class (whatever it is) should be capable of taking out any enemy class without even coming close to dying yourself?

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok tell us what class you play Sigurd, if it's a Thane then all is forgiven :wub:

Sigurd

Banned
I said I didn't drop below 50% against the others that night I'm a Shar Blademaster, so I have a fair few hitpoints, usually that doesn't matter though. I think the problem is you're yet to experience just how deadly sorcs can be on the euro servers... savage assist trains have been around for ages now, but they took a fair while reaching prydwen and excalibur.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Let me get this straight....

Sigurd, according to your above statements no other class can even get you below 50% health. But a sorc can kill you. Therefore in your view that makes sorcs overpowered?

I would say thank god for sorcs then, and if all the other classes have no chance against you (in your opinion) doesn't that make you the overpowered one?

Jeros

Part of the furniture
we need more sorcs! im tired of being on mez duty just cos my grp cant find a single sorc

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Thank you for keeping the discussion at a reasonable level this time.

As for sorcerers, yes, they are a strong class now, but they are still casters. I often run in body debuff groups (as MA) with as many sorcerers we can cram into the group, and their utility is very nice. With debuffs, their damage output is awesome as well, especially if you have body sorcerers in the mix. However, as with any Alb or Mid caster group, even a group filled with sorcerers is very fragile when it gets jumped (no Group Purge in Albion), and does not fight zergs near as well as a (preferably Hib) PBAE group.

You also put the finger on another important fact--Sorcerers will generally have much higher dexterity than any other main CC class on account of being casters and having access to an 80 starting dexterity class. On the other hand, Alb PBAE races only have at most 60 starting dexterity, whereas Lurikeens tip the scales in that department in Hib.

Overall, I will agree that Sorcerers are nowadays strong casters and one of the best classes in Albion. But overpowered? No.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
oh teh drama!

nerf sigurds almighty wisdom that so eloquently pointed out to us all that sorc (WTF?!?!?) is overpowered etc..

leeeeess crack for poor little sigurd imho tbfh etc... oh.. and solosorc is a nice class.. so is SM, and Chanter, and caba.. and.. uhm.. etc..

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
One of the reasons for few sorcs is its very hard for sorcs to actually get groups while levelling. It was a tossup between cabby and sorc for me as next char but I plumped for the cabby simply because its playstyle suits me more as its closer to what I really like but damn it was hard getting groups for sorc - xp groups seem to want pally, tanks and cleric. Thats pretty much it. My own XP groups have a wide variety of classes, even rogues (omg), and still function well, but the attitude that if you aren't one of the optimal xp classes kiss random groups goodbye.

Was intrigued by the comments on MoC battle between Body Cabby and Dark SM - if the body cabby is dumb enough not to use disease he deserves to lose. All the lifetaps in the world won't save a caster with a big fat disease on him (ok purge but you know what I mean) - SM has no ability to disease enemies so the body cabby can lifetap to his heart's content.

As for Sigurd... don't think there's a guild he's been in on Euro servers he hasn't been kicked out of and the best thing to do with him is generally to ignore him as he only comes here to troll and take pops at people he holds a grudge against, not make reasoned arguments.

Sigurd

Banned
Sorry kids I play hib atm... now, how many more times am I going to have to explain that for one night only I wasn't dropped below 50% by non-sorcs? I was in a group, defending/taking keeps, increases survivability. If you've got a problem with me... well frankly, I couldn't really care what you do, I don't play in the bickering little EU servers any more :)

BTW: Never got kicked out of a guild, I left Eye of Odin, Savage Conclave, Call of Heimdall, Knights of the Round Table and Order of the Knights Templar (good guild) and the latter only because I quit the game for a long period.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
PJS said:
sorc will likely kill all those classes you just listed 1v1 and will always win with moc up, what does that say?

that MoC is overpowered and not the sorc? dark specc SM can kill anything with MoC up to. does that make the SM overpowered?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sigurd said:
I don't play in the bickering little EU servers any more :)

well then fuck off to vn boards then where u belong :)

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
I think all Sigurd needs is a really big hug. :(

K, Derric, you be the brave one and hug him first. The rest will surely follow. I always wanted to hug Sigurd. He seems so... Cuddly.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Coincidentally, they're also the most overpowered class in the game right now... have fun :puke:
are you having fun in lsd-land?

Sigurd

Banned
Unlike most of the rest of the world, I don't actually take drugs...

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Unlike most of the rest of the world, I don't actually take drugs...
it sound like that :p
u cant even tell why sorcs r overpowered :D if u could point and say that and that makes em overpowered, u will c many other casters get acces to the same spells :), only 3 things make a sorc special, bolt range mezz, mezz damp chant and mezz damp self spell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom