Charm

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
I'm currently levelling a sorcerer but want to know at what level i should be aiming to get the various charm spells so i can always have a yellow pet.

Thanks.

Vestax

Loyal Freddie
well 32 mind gets you a yellow pet at 50.

so just keep mind spec at 50% and you will be fine

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
I want to get this planned exactly right though so i can keep raising body as high as possible. At the moment i have the level 20 charm spell, at which level will this stop me charming yellows?

Glema

Fledgling Freddie
This is a list of the levels for each charm spell:

Lvl1-Charm - max pet lvl10
Lvl7-Charm - max pet lvl15
Lvl12-Charm - max pet lvl26
Lvl20 Charm - max pet lvl40
Lvl32 Charm max pet lvl50

So to keep a same level pet you will need to get 32 Mind at Level 41 and 20 mind at lvl 27.

Hope this helps.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks a lot, exactly what i was looking for :).

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
CliffyG said:
Thanks a lot, exactly what i was looking for :).

of course sorcerers should get there charm on the baseline :p

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Having a yellow pet isn't that important, their only purpose is to hold agro while you get into position to nuke. Even a bluecon will suffice for this menial task. If you're planning to solo your way to lv50, then higher bodyspec would be more efficient imo.

Amnesia is very usefull too, I've grouped with a lot of sorcerers who've never tried it before oO

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Not really sigurd, i played one to 26 a year or so ago and enjoyed it so thought i'd try another one. Stop trolling.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I would cry IRL with the dex of a Half-Ogre on a main CC class. ;)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
I would cry IRL with the dex of a Half-Ogre on a main CC class. ;)

actually with the casting speed caps inc you might aswell go a half-ogre sorc, you will still be able to reach the cap AND have more hps :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Umm, which cast speed caps? In New Frontiers, high dex is going to be even more necessary due to the loss of MotArt. I, for one, am getting AugDex5.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Thought i'd be a bit different and go with a HO, the stat difference at lower levels doesn't make much diff and i'm sure i can make up a lot with items and SC, i am aware i may be a little bit gimped but it's not the end of the world. I have over 30 con more than my Wife who is playing an Avalonian Wiz and 90 strength, while not so practical does mean i can carry a lot more. Plus i look like Arnie from behind :D.

Sigurd

Banned
CliffyG said:
Not really sigurd, i played one to 26 a year or so ago and enjoyed it so thought i'd try another one. Stop trolling.

Coincidentally, they're also the most overpowered class in the game right now... have fun :puke:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Valid reason. :) It doesn't hurt to be different--I was back when I rolled my Cabalist. ;)

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Coincidentally, they're also the most overpowered class in the game right now... have fun :puke:

You're such a dick, got nothing better to do again?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sigurd said:

eeh no. bonedancers are overpowered, savages are overpowered, necromancers are overpowered (atleast in pve) animists are overpowered (untill they nerf the shroomspam to 15 shrooms)

i can think of alot more classes that are more "overpowered" then sorcs are..

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Leleith said:
Hhmmmmm, nanana, trallalala, and a bottle of rum! And this site can come in handy as well perhaps:

Here ye goes!

http://www.enygma.net/charm/

And heres the sorc TL-thingy.

http://p212.ezboard.com/bdaocsorcererdiscussion

Yes! there ARE healing pets in the hibernian frontier... "They are called Emporiam... something. They are only nightspawn though, so you lose it at nights..." :D

Thanks, will look at then later on when i get chance :).

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
eeh no. bonedancers are overpowered, savages are overpowered, necromancers are overpowered (atleast in pve) animists are overpowered (untill they nerf the shroomspam to 15 shrooms)

i can think of alot more classes that are more "overpowered" then sorcs are..
sorc will likely kill all those classes you just listed 1v1 and will always win with moc up, what does that say?

Sigurd

Banned
CliffyG said:
You're such a dick, got nothing better to do again?

Just stating the truth old boy. In Odin's Gate I made 10k RPs the other night - died about 5 times, each time was to a different sorc. No other classes killed me, or even dropped me below 50%... only sorcs. Typical fight with a sorc - run up, hit TW, use anytime/position based styles - if the sorc sees me I'll probably be dead before I can get one style off, if he doesn't it's hit MoC and spam lifedrain for teh win. Still, I know you like it nice and hard eh, that's why your last character was a friar :)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Just stating the truth old boy. In Odin's Gate I made 10k RPs the other night - died about 5 times, each time was to a different sorc. No other classes killed me, or even dropped me below 50%... only sorcs. Typical fight with a sorc - run up, hit TW, use anytime/position based styles - if the sorc sees me I'll probably be dead before I can get one style off, if he doesn't it's hit MoC and spam lifedrain for teh win. Still, I know you like it nice and hard eh, that's why your last character was a friar :)

caba, animist, dark sm can do the same with moc so what u point??
darksm vs body sorc in moc battle sm will win, u c my point??
sorc got alot of utility and what wronf with 1 alb class got alot of utility to offer a grp??

Sigurd

Banned
Here's your difference. Saracens can be sorcs... there's no 80 dex race in Mid... yes cabalists are good too, but sorcs can charm some rather nasty mobs and get a body nuke - that's the spell that does the damage. Typically I'll know a body sorc's about because I'll see a little cloud appear over someone's head, and 3 seconds later they'll be dead. The MoC thing is only part of it - that's just the sorc's get out of jail free card (like IP for tanks.. oh wait.. it got nerfed to hell and back)

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not going to justify my decisions to you, you think what you want but i'll be happy in the knowledge you have no idea what you're talking about. By the way im a half ogre, kind of messes up your theory.

Onto the point of you trolling my threads and trying to cause arguments. Yes, you got demoted from the guild but that was all down to your anti-social attitude, little girl temper that puts a 2 year old to shame, constant whinging and moaning and generally being a pain in the arse. It's no surprise to me that you still have a bitter taste in your throat after 2 bloody years lol but i think i'm going to stick you on ignore now, feel free to post some more drivel about me but you'll get no more response. I suggest going to see someone professional aswell, time to get those issues off your chest ;).

Sigurd

Banned
Sorry mate but no matter how bad a temper I have it doesn't change the fact that you're a complete and utter twat. And yes, I do know what I'm talking about, because, unlike you, I am currently playing high level RvR in the current version of the game, sorcs are the bane of all hibs and mids.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
Having a yellow pet isn't that important, their only purpose is to hold agro while you get into position to nuke. Even a bluecon will suffice for this menial task. If you're planning to solo your way to lv50, then higher bodyspec would be more efficient imo.

Amnesia is very usefull too, I've grouped with a lot of sorcerers who've never tried it before oO

high bodyspec isn't always needed if you can find the right pet that can lifedrain. With a buff bot a Avalonian Apparition will tear though a Red, Orange and Yellow BOF pull and still finish with full mana. Body is good if you wanna solo to 50 i guess but specing mind gives you better options if you wanna group.

Also, when part of a group get a healing pet sutch as a druid seer or drako Leech, they hardly take Exp and can be a real life saver. if you have 2 sorcerer in group you can even get away with having no clerics, and if you do they will save him buffing points (except for the stupid shield spamming buff bug).

Sorcerer are very fun to play if a little bugged, same spell (AOE Dex/Qui debuff) in 2 different spec lines is my pet hate, its bad enough Albs having there spells spread over too many classes.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
This is amazing, such a lot of gibberish. Who is this troll anyway?
Sigurd said:
(like IP for tanks.. oh wait.. it got nerfed to hell and back)
IP nerfed? What the heck are you on about?

Sigurd

Banned
Belomar said:
This is amazing, such a lot of gibberish. Who is this troll anyway?
IP nerfed? What the heck are you on about?

Seen New Frontiers? Please, old fellow, if you don't have a clue what you're talking about try to keep that flabby old mouth shut eh? Good chap.

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
How about trying to keep personal assaults out of public discussion forums? ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom