[NEWS] Character Transfers Phase II - Live Now

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
And i look forward to smashing you all into tiny bits, dirty dirty destro ;)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
It`s only a name just pick something else it isn`t the end of the world mate.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
It`s only a name just pick something else it isn`t the end of the world mate.

Names are very, very important to me with MMO characters. I'd rather delete a character than have to play it with some crappy Plan B stand-in replacement name, because that would never ever feel right all the time I was playing the character. I went to a lot of trouble to make sure I got the names I wanted for my toons - most of which are names I've had and grown very attached to since 2001 in DAOC - when the game went live, and to have one or more stripped away now is a real slap in the face for me.

Put it this way - you save for ages for your dream car in your favourite colour, you finally get it and it's your pride and joy. Then one day you wake up and find it's been sprayed a colour you absolutely hate, and you'll never have it in a colour you like again...how would you feel? Technically, it's the same car...but things aren't the same at all.

[UKLans]Khan

Fledgling Freddie
Phase II is now live.

I'm on ABP but can't see the option yet and i've cleared my browser cache. Any ideas?

Also, the main image on the WAR-Europe homepage for character transfers links to the november server transfers.

Khan

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
have you tried logging and going to your account page?

the ingame character screen has a "this is a cack server, move off it" message, the news has been updated...

but the accounts page hasnt yet, and yes ive done the whole cache thing, and tried firefox and IE

will try again in 10 :)

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
I can confirm that many people are currently not being given the option to transfer yet even though they should be getting that option. There is a problem with the transfer systems and we are looking into it.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Mabs

i hate to say "i told you so", but, well... :p

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
Sure it's not just that you're trying to transfer people from Karrak Orrud instead of Karag Orrud? :kissit:

Mabs

Sure it's not just that you're trying to transfer people from Karrak Orrud instead of Karag Orrud? :kissit:

lol, if that is the cause, i will be mildly amused ;)

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Now mrs Hufner, that would be a sight for sore eyes, and to be quite h onest, not at all surprising ;)

Mabs

I can confirm that many people are currently not being given the option to transfer yet even though they should be getting that option. There is a problem with the transfer systems and we are looking into it.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

er, this is fine on here, but there is no indication that there is a problem on the news section of the site, so people who dont troll freddies may be becoming distraught, it wouldnt take long to update the news would it ? ;)

Mabs

hmm, how do i clear browser cache?

if your using firefox :

Tools (up top), "Clear Private Date" - make sure "CACHE" is ticked, accept it

IE:
dunno, refuse to use it:p

Mabs

mine just appeared,so heres hoping its working for everyone

/EDIT:

GOA monkeys :- its ONLY showing HIRN as destination, which is fine cos thats where im going, but it might upset some others ? :)

/edit again

this may be due to ahving toon on azgal order? dunno :D maybe nothing :(

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
mine just appeared,so heres hoping its working for everyone

/EDIT:

GOA monkeys :- its ONLY showing HIRN as destination, which is fine cos thats where im going, but it might upset some others ? :)

/edit again

this may be due to ahving toon on azgal order? dunno :D maybe nothing :(

Yeah, that's why. I have Destro toons on Hirn and only Azgal as option

NicGOA

The problem is now solved and you will find the characters you can transfer in the list.

If your character is not there it will be because you already have a character of the opposite faction on the destination server.

We're still looking into the reason of the problem and will make sure this does not happen again!

Zagantia

Fledgling Freddie
Odd, just logged into Karak Hirn and got a message that server was low pop and suggested that I transfer to another server :eek2:

Something not quite right I think as I thought this was one of the servers that people should be moving to :(

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
same with Karak Eight Peaks, the server is probably one of the busiest english servers, but upon logging in, you're getting the option to move away now.

Bad move GOA, really bad one.

NicGOA

We are aware of the message in the character screen and it is showing up because Hirn and K8P are origin servers for Spanish people who want to move back to the Spanish server (as described in the news).

We agree that the message is misleading and we will be removing it shortly.

Nate

FH is my second home
Did you fix the transfers to the test server aswell?

NicGOA

The problem with clones causing problems when transferring was resolved.

I am not entirely sure if the same solution applies to the server copying process, I'll look into that.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I there a limit to the number of a single faction that can move to a server? I'm getting pretty worried. I see whole dest alliances moving onto a balanced server but no mention of order.
Order is outnumbered already but we fight a good rear guard and every now and then get to push forward. If the ratio gets worse we wil be royally screwed IMO.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
how long will the transfer be available? (ie 24 hours or a week etc?)

NicGOA

The duration of the current transfer phase depends on the impact of the transfers.

But I do think it's save to assume it will be longer then 24 hours yes.

About the imbalance, this is something we worry about as well. We will adjust bonuses according to the balance we will see over the next couple of days.

Mabs

quick Q

people who are left behind, due to being away for xmas and what not - what can be done to get them moved later ? is that possible ? or are they stuck there for ever ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom