[NEWS] Character Transfers Phase II - Live Now

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Update: Phase II is now live.

Hey all!

Some time ago, we launched the first phase of character transfers between European servers. Most destination servers now host a healthy population. As you're keenly aware of though, there's more work to be done and so we're now happy to announce the second wave of character transfers.

Please make sure that you discuss with your friends and guilds and make sure that you end up on the same server as these character transfers are final. You'll find more info on this in our news.

Further, please note that this is not a final solution; whereas we're happy with the growth of population we're seeing on many servers and we're confident about the populations we'll be seeing on our servers after this second phase we are still aware that some servers will still be weak. We've got preliminary plans for Phase III but these will naturally depend on the population evolution during Phase II.

Lastly - we know many of you have been waiting for this initiative for a long time. Sorry about that. We hope you'll all find yourself at home with your new servers and that you'll be having tons of fun in the lakes!

Phase II
Axe Bite Pass, Karag Orrud and Karag Dron can transfer to Karak-Hirn or Karak-Azgal

Phase I
The transfers made available during Phase I remain active for now. Here's a reminder.

Core Servers
Karak Ungor, Karak-Vlag, Karaz-a-Karak, Tor Anroc, Yvresse, Zhufbar, Worlds Edge Mountains can transfer to Karak Izor or Karak Norn

Core Roleplay Servers
Makaisson characters can transfer to Burlok or Alarielle (oRvR RP)

Open RvR Roleplay Servers

Ellyrion characters can transfer to Alarielle (oRvR RP) or Burlok (Core RP)

Open RvR Servers
Clar Karond, Mount Silverspear, Sea of Dreams, Tiranoc, Finuval Plain characters can transfer to Dragonback Mountains (oRvR)

For more information and a reminder of how transfers work read our news on this topic.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
what happens if you got characters on the recieving servers?

NicGOA

what happens if you got characters on the recieving servers?

If they are of the same faction: You can transfer characters to the destination server up till your character limit of 10.

If they are of a different faction: You will have to delete your characters in the opposing faction before you can transfer them over.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I've always wondered, what happens if your transfering a character with the same name as a character already on the server?

NicGOA

I've always wondered, what happens if your transfering a character with the same name as a character already on the server?

That's covered in our news as well as in our FAQ.

Why cant you transfer from Core to Open yet?

We try to keep transfers between different rule sets to a minimum.

One could say that there is different difficulty levels between levelling a character up the ranks on a Core Server compared to an Open RvR server. So strictly speaking one could gain an unfair advantage over people by staying on a Core server till Rank 40 and then transfer to go gank on a oRvR server.

There have been, and will be exceptions. Currently there is transfers between some Role Play and Open RvR Role Play servers for example.

Marc

FH is my second home
Come join us on Karak Azgul. Loads of oRVR going on :D

If you are an aoe disable + aoe nuke monkey, then KDS will welcome you with open arms.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I started on Mount Silverspear because being a Daoc Camlann player the ruleset was perfect. Because this server was dead (no T3, 4 bg's. T1 BG's would be every 15 minutes or so) we ended up moving. Having no BG's or people on PQ's takes alot of the fun out the game.

We moved to Karak Eight Peaks. I got to 40 on my Witch Hunter but we still preferred the Open ruleset. When the transfers occured we knew we'd get screwed over, but we had that slight little hope that we could transfer from Core to Open.

We only moved because the server was dead. Now that the Open servers have been clustered onto Dragonback I think it's unfair I have to xp again.

All this "ooh but the core server is easier to xp on than the open server" is rubbish. The only time you ever get trouble is when you go into the contested rvr lakes thus you do not have the booster levels. To xp to 40 I dont really need to go in there (other than scouting the tower quests).

WoW did this stupid idea, but iirc this year they made it so you could move from anywhere to anywhere.

I had to leave my server because it was dead. This was due to you opening far too many servers to begin with. I moved onto a populated server but I don't enjoy it on there. I levelled the character hoping the server transfers would allow me to move my Witch Hunter onto Open once population issues were sorted.

I recently re-activated, however I cant face levelling the Witch Hunter from 1-40 so I'll probably quit my subscription again. I'm angry that some bullshit rule means i'd be forced to endure the horrid pve system again.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
When will you change the grouping system to "Yes lets group" from "Group? Are you on Drugs?" because atm this fine game suks because its a Massive Singleplayer Online game.

Faya

Nate

FH is my second home
I've always wanted to play on a Spanish server :( boo for less population on my server. BOOO!!!

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
When are you going to allow folk to get off the dead server Izor? transfers TOO it did nothing as its ALWAYS low/low.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Everyone come to Hirn tbh It will be nice to have fighting in all three T4zones!!!

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
What happens if a character has the same name as one of yours that will be transferring over, but on the opposite side?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
May as well not bother with the fucking character if it won't have its proper name.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
According to warhammerAlliance poll of guilds just about all the big guilds are going Azgal.

Calaen

According to warhammerAlliance poll of guilds just about all the big guilds are going Azgal.

Good I don't want all the big guilds. I want guilds that are organised and our moving with an alliance. We need co-operation not random guild zerg to take the city!!!!

Case

Fledgling Freddie

The poll must be off then since I know where the biggest destruction guild is going already and it aint Azgal :p

Incidently whats the order pop like on hirn is there any decent opposition?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
The poll must be off then since I know where the biggest destruction guild is going already and it aint Azgal :p

I've heard it's pretty balanced so far with 2-3 wb from each side running around. That and Hirn has Roo, how can you argue with that?

dee777

Loyal Freddie

There are polls for each server and each poll was heavily favoring Azgal. Of course the poll could be fixed, but the signal is out already.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
There are polls for each server and each poll was heavily favoring Azgal. Of course the poll could be fixed, but the signal is out already.

There's a list of guilds that someone's updated in a thread ;)

Given there's no list of guilds on the server (by activity and numbers) there's not really any way to see if it's a representative sample.

Looks like a few going to Azgal though from a number of servers.

Thing is unlike the last set of transfers - both Azgal and Hirn are pretty OK for population, if a little on the light side. Norn/Izor were both struggling before the transfers (and only Norn really got the boost).

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

It was a poll of guilds from all three servers moving to Hirn/Azgal. Not just Orrud! :p Not one guild has signed up to going to Hirn. You might be the biggest guild. The Stangelhold Alliance might be the biggest alliance but without any order moving to Hirn it's just going to skew the population and adversly affect the RvR.

That worries me slightly.

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
Hirn has Roo, how can you argue with that?

That's one of the reasons I'm moving to Azgal - I have alts on Hirn to play with old mates from Mid/Pryd.

(Not that I've had the time to do so yet, but I want to leave the option open :p)

Calaen

Order opposition is good Case.

Celtic Leaf Army have a very big organised alliance and generally lock down two - three zones a week.

There has been fights in two T4 zones simultaneously for a good few nights now.

My alliance works alongside Roo's when it comes to taking zones and cutting off order faces. Drop me a Pm's in game on Calana/Calaen I would be interested to chat with you guys about your plans on the server.

Guild Leader Contact List - Warhammer Forums

Stick you details on there also, helps us co-ordinate with other alliances in a better manner knowing who we have to contact.

I look forward to fighting alongside you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom