Changing at Work

Sar

Part of the furniture
Seriously?

Human Resources - the new term for Personnel.

If not seriously - schllllllllllap!

:)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Oh right. Sorry, but whats wrong with Personnel Dept? Human resources? Are there Parrots and Horses working in offices these days?

Catsby

One of Freddy's beloved
Tom said:
Oh right. Sorry, but whats wrong with Personnel Dept? Human resources? Are there Parrots and Horses working in offices these days?
Catsby points out that his office appears to employ mostly monkeys.

Will

/bin/su
Cask said:
Can't see why anyone would complain unless your locker is in the middle of the office or something.
Well...it is just off the main part of the office, though in sight if you are looking on purpose.

Though it is right in front of both the trainees, and the HR guy. I get the feeling it is the HR guy himself who complained. Which is very big of him.

And nine months of cycling means I'm not quite so skinny any more, John. Though I'd still be classed as slim.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Worked in several places where nowt was provided in terms of an area to get changed or a place to ... de-smell. :/

In most cases I just had to get in 5 mins early, run into the men's toilets, whip off my cycling gear and hop around butt nekkid whilst trying to get into my work clothes. All I could do was pray that nobody would come in whilst I was prancing around.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Will said:
Well...it is just off the main part of the office, though in sight if you are looking on purpose.

Though it is right in front of both the trainees, and the HR guy. I get the feeling it is the HR guy himself who complained. Which is very big of him.

And nine months of cycling means I'm not quite so skinny any more, John. Though I'd still be classed as slim.
So ask the HR chimp to consider putting a screen between the LOS of the offices and the lockers. To give staff lockers surely acknowledges that some/any/many will wish to change clothes etc when leaving/entering the office... and it's pretty unreasonable to ask you to trek the length of the building and change in a toilet, regardless of how clean they should be.

Even if you're not planning on being there too long you could at least consider approaching them so that the next poor sod who wants to cycle in doesn't get dragged over hot coals. You could also suggest that alternatively you cycle in wearing your office clothes and stink your colleagues our for the day, if they prefer.

Xav

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Or come and work with me.

We have a clean side locker (for civvies/cycling clothing) a shower separating block in the middle (which can be bypassed if required, but after a 20mile ride into work, in this weather, a shower is a good idea) then a mucky side locker where overalls and ppe are stored.

AND I get to store my bike in my office. So there is minimal threat of theft.

Long live the "Big American Oil Company"

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
grrah!! hands off!! Will's going to be MY cleaning and tea peon :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom