change first name in daoc

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
this might work:
get a friend(s) who plays to report ur name to RN for beeing abusive. Im sure u can find something abusive with ur name on google. Then mighty GoA maybe decides that ur name is abusive and contact u ingame and voila, free name respec.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
tribute said:
is it possible to change first name in daoc now?

your name has to be offencive to get it changed :/

only way

or if u have 2 chars whit the same on the cluster and want one of them changed... might work aswell :p

johny

Banned
someone report me asap so I can change name :p

What a fine joke it would be muahah

buffswithlove

Loyal Freddie
or play nature specced druid with name buffswithlove sniff lots of peeps makes nice joke's my rl is ruined cant sleep or anything goz peeps laughing at my name.. that shud do it?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I have loads of offensive names though GOA doesn't change them.. even after RN them.
Even according to their own rules:

Names of characters and guilds

Although character names in keeping with the age and kingdom in which they are to develop are welcome, players are free to give their characters whatever names and nicknames they wish, as long as they respect the following rules. Please note that these rules also apply to guild names and surnames.

- No names with insulting, degrading or racist connotations.

- Names must consist solely of alphanumeric characters.

- No religious, sexual or political references.

- No brand names, product names, character names or any other elements subject to copyright.

- No inciting of illegal conduct.

- No references that degrade other players' characters or GOA personnel.

- No titles of nobility or prestige. Some of these can be acquired on the Camelot battlefields.

- The names of legendary people from the three kingdoms are tolerated, but please bear in mind that developments in the game may bring these names into question.

- No names that could suggest that the character may belong to the GOA team or have the status of Volunteer or Gamemaster.

- No names of towns, regions or characters in the game. If necessary, however, guild names may make reference to such places or characters.

- All these bans also apply to combinations, homonyms and alternative spellings of such names as are disallowed by this Charter.

GOA reserves the right to implement penalties imposed on players whose character names impair the community spirit of the game.

They do change your name if you got the same name on Excal and on Prydwen other than that I don't really think they want to go through the hassle.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:
or if u have 2 chars whit the same on the cluster and want one of them changed... might work aswell :p

not might, it works.. since they wanna help players, who wanna run around and swap inifiles when changing chars? goa r0x! :)wanker:)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
johny said:
someone report me asap so I can change name :p

What a fine joke it would be muahah

In your case Im afraid it's not the name that is abusive. :)

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Wilburn said:
excuse my bad english.. but why the fuck is your healer (and booomer) only r10 on duskwave?

nm- correct title on cronichles. Duskwave bugged ?

duskwave has never been able to show any higher realmrank then rr10

Bahumat

FH is my second home
If you have been bullied or harrased by people you can get your name changed.

one guy got flamed all the time for something...cant remember what, GOA/Mythic renamed him.

Could be a load of bollocks though, just something i heard

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
If you have been bullied or harrased by people you can get your name changed.

one guy got flamed all the time for something...cant remember what, GOA/Mythic renamed him.

Could be a load of bollocks though, just something i heard

thats bs, i wont name names, but i am sure its bs

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
You can, I suspect u only have to ask. Have even noticed ebayed toons running about with diff name.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:
You can, I suspect u only have to ask. Have even noticed ebayed toons running about with diff name.

I asked and they refused to change a name eventhough it breaks about 3 rules in their CoC name policy but hey might have caught a GM in a bad day when asking.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
I asked and they refused to change a name eventhough it breaks about 3 rules in their CoC name policy but hey might have caught a GM in a bad day when asking.

Is it me or is it ironic that you are saying that they won't change charnames?

Must be confusing you with someone else.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Pirkel said:
Is it me or is it ironic that you are saying that they won't change charnames?

Must be confusing you with someone else.

Nope as the only name change I asked for which was granted was because it was two of the same names when cluster came so the .ini files fooked up, But when I ask for a name change for a name that breaks their own rules they refuse to change it so I don't see why they have those rules in the first place if they are not going to uphold them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom