Champion levels and weapons

censi

Can't get enough of FH
stolen from general section post....

seems like next patch will give us 2 new toys, just wanted to discuss from the limited info how this is going to impact the game. very provisionally I cant see it having that much of an impact in FG rvr or large scale battles too much. But this is gonna really benefit all visual classes that run solo/duo or trio etc or stealthers in general.

Champion quests:

players will embark upon the champion quests, which consist of five levels and grant players some extra abilities. Upon achieving each champion level, a player gains a champion point that he may spend at a base trainer for a mid-level skill. A 50 hero, for example, may visit a caster trainer and gain a level 15-20 spell. Champion points are achieved through regular combat, so level 50 players have a new incentive to engage in PvE combat. RvR combat will increase champion experience as well.

So if im reading this right its not like when you do all your champion levels you get 5 points to spend in another classes line. Its like you will be able to pick 5 mid range abilities from 5 different lines if you choose? guessing a bit. sounds awesome. possibilities are endless, dunno if its good or bad though.

Champion Weapons:

Players who successfully complete the five champion levels will have access to the champion epic weapon. These weapons are tailored to each class and are more powerful than the artifact weapons from Trials of Atlantis for that reason. Another advantage they have is that they will be fully repairable.

not sure if this is a good thing. If they are better than TOA artifacts they are gonna be "teh pwn" and everyone who is anyone is gonna have them. guess it negates it out a bit. will be interesting possibly. hey as long as we dont have to level the little swines.

what do you guys all think?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
so instead of repairable artifacts they give us new weapons... the mythic logic strikes again

Tiztla

Fledgling Freddie
champion level loks good

but if they countinue adding more and more armor/weps that are a "must have" i will seriusly thinking of quitting, i mean why bother getting toad if they countinue adding more and more uberstuff, for the casual player this might be the killingstroke

just my thoughts

Lethul

FH is my second home
well, every mid class is gonna take bd supp line i guess :D

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
soooo... return of the asd xD insta lt and insta body debuff back on my healer, along with a stunning sm-pet and 35% NS.. and then.. hmmm.. perhaps pb-disease? sounds like a pretty solid interrupter :D

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Sounds like either of the 2:

a) Totally shit lines with shit weapons and you do the quests for the extra HP/mana

b) Sick overpowered shit which everyone needs to compete

I'm so looking forward

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Thought that was in next espansion, not next patch? They need some excuses to make people buy them :D

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Hope it won't be insanely overpowering tbh. :/

Be interesting if my scout had these tho.

3 to 5 dps dmg add from wiz.
-75 to -114 af debuff from necro
BT(single) from theur
And maybe -36 ish s/c and d/q debuffs from sorc.

Run around with an ok dmg add, debuffing peoples armor, and tickling with some debuffs, while adding archer hits bt with critshot.

But I really can't see this happen, well hope not, as I'd hate to image what others would get also. :p

I'm alil worried where it says champ weapon will be better then toa ones, as current toa weaponary like malice/battler are awsome...

censi

Can't get enough of FH
they really gonna have to think it through carefully and test it though because it could really unbalance things. but i guess toa also had a massive impact like this to.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
censi said:
they really gonna have to think it through carefully and test it though because it could really unbalance things. but i guess toa also had a massive impact like this to.

Mythic doesn't test things, they implement and adjust (nerf) in their upcoming patches.
example: warlock

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Great, just what the game need, more interrupt.

Storankan

Fledgling Freddie
lvl 15-20 spell. Lol, I'll take a theurg earth pet then (max lvl 37).

And I guess sorcs will find "summon emerald simulacrum" handy when their charmed pet dies.

Of course, when all hib casters get schrooms, towercamping will be interesting.

Warlocks with ml9 bone commanders anyone?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
They did say something about basic spells, so i'm thinking of getting stun ;)

Storankan

Fledgling Freddie
lvl 15 stun, damn will need at least MoF3. But 5sec stun would probably be enough to debuff-nuke something dead. :)

Sorcs and cabbys with stun, omg.

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Baseline spells only?

Like thats going to matter much, getting low level spells from other classes is going to give us some sick classes.

Especially with the MOF RA.
Will that mean that all classes can get lvl 20 speed if they wish?
(seing as it is baseline)

Hibs getting a 5 second baseline stun, Albs same one from cleric?
And the mids healer baseline stun is even worse, 8 seconds at lvl 20...

All classes getting a self bladeturn if they wish?

All classes getting heals if they wish?

Albs getting some nifty instant LTs and auras from the reavers baseline stuff?

Haha, if the above is true then I bet lots of hibs will whine when they get a
taste of their own stun nuke nuke nuke.

Things will really get wery interesting if the above is what we can expect...

I would almost want to get me the cabby lvl 1 summon stun pet thingie
if you can get such things.

But I sincerely hope they use their heads and dont just give
everyone access to everything since it would just be to much ;)

Then again, its Mythic...

Btw, wonder if all classes can get the lvl 10 ress?

Ohh, and albs, tip of the week, get the minstrel 5 sec insta stun :eek7:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Hm.. not really, base spells from the starting trainer (i.e. naturalist trainer, not druid/warden/bard one)

So forget about the cleric/healer stun

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, that changes things, but what spells do you get from the base class trainers then?

From what I remember you got almost no spells at all from them?

Still it would give all classes access to basic heal spells and basic DD spells.
That would make things more interesting.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Docs said:
From what I remember you got almost no spells at all from them?

I think that's the idea, otherwise things would really go out of hand. Still, we'll see how things work out when the americans get it in december.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
doesn't sound like they're adding quite so many wacky new features as TOA - so hopefully they'll have a bit more testing time (they have learned a lot from ToA - catacombs was much smoother on release)

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Its not next patch but next addon.Sounds good to me.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Well, Catacombs release was smooth maybe bug wise, but for game balance it was once again, piss poor.

Champion points sounds like fun, certainly more fun than ToA :).
Testing will be very poor, and the upgrade will be mandatory if you want to compete. Just the way that Mythic makes cash :)
Regards, Glottis

Dest

Fledgling Freddie
Gonna be interesting to see how they implement those new abilitites. Maybe those abilitites wont be very powerful but hurray for getting a ton more interrupts thrown into the game. Just what we need...

Exarkun

Fledgling Freddie
Dest said:
Maybe those abilitites wont be very powerful but hurray for getting a ton more interrupts thrown into the game. Just what we need...

Wishful thinking imo, mythic always find a way to screw up :)
and there are already more then enough interupts in the game

Storankan

Fledgling Freddie
Svdeviant said:
Ehmm any Instant for me ? :( :wij:

Insta dex from sorc/cabby or insta con from necro?

But get summon emerald simu too, so you can use ml9 ability on wizard for something. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom