Champion levels and weapons

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, maybe they will make a class that has incredible dots, pbaoe, spread heal, ns etc etc. Oh wait, they already gave us warlocks! :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
So basic stuff hmm,

16sec lvl5 root from Elementalists? (castable shieldtrip without the disarm :D)

-13str lvl4 debuff and 21DD lifedrain from Mages?

26hp lvl4 medium heal from Acolytes

:O

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
well ofc it depends on the abilities that will be available - probably some kind of buffs and debuffs mostly (maybe even single target cc). Things like pets and stealth was ruled out already.
Damage spells will be pointless if they work like they do for mages: ie a tank would have to stand still, get out of combat mode and then cast the spell hoping not to get interrupted... Also if we assume mages will be able to get access to weapon spec it would have zero impact - noone would go into melee and hit for 80 dmg per swing. I just hope they don't include any more insta interrupts.

The champion weapons are a good idea. After all it's weapons/staves that wear out fast and cannot be replaced (assuming you use an artifact). So instead of having to camp an artifact you gonna have to do those champion levels; and if they hold on to their words that those can be done with 1fg i don't see a problem. The only reason why ToA is fucked up is due to the amount of people needed to complete MLs and artifacts.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
if its baseline spells then that really doesnt leave much choice, specially if they are lvl 15~20

Only spell I would find worth while from my pov would be dmg add.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Dafft said:
if its baseline spells then that really doesnt leave much choice, specially if they are lvl 15~20

Only spell I would find worth while from my pov would be dmg add.

Snap, extra dps would be lovely. ^_^

What level range is the abilities going to be? thought maybe lvl1-5 base class when Gear said basic. :O

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
i would take summoning SM pet for sure on my shaman, even if its not the "best" pet, its still very good, and pet level is adjusted by level of caster and not level of spell so i wouldnt realy care 8)

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
Roteca said:
i would take summoning SM pet for sure on my shaman, even if its not the "best" pet, its still very good, and pet level is adjusted by level of caster and not level of spell so i wouldnt realy care 8)

dunno which post it was but somewhere someone said pets and stealth arent choosable

[Edit: garb's post^^]

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Knolan said:
dunno which post it was but somewhere someone said pets and stealth arent choosable

[Edit: garb's post^^]

nerf then, missed that tbh ^^ not sure what to take then, if not the pets is avaible, then i dont know realy...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the other class trainers is just a bit of theme really - it's new secondary lower power abilities based what the other classes get - doesn't have to be just copies of the existing spells.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
their sort of adding multiclassing like in some other rpg games, hope they do it well. :)

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Don't judge too quickly if you've not seen it. Maybe it won't be all that overpowered "shit" you think it will be.

Aballith

Loyal Freddie
Sounds to be more of a waste of time more than anything, apart from the champ weapons, but no harm in implementing new things.
Then again its totally pointless speculating atm cos nobody has a clue what they are talking about till its released.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Well my staff is braking down so... Btw, didnt ToA release notes, state artyfacts as being "Indestructable" ???
Givf new better one :)

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
the other class trainers is just a bit of theme really - it's new secondary lower power abilities based what the other classes get - doesn't have to be just copies of the existing spells.

If the above is really what we will get then one might assume they remove
instant LTs etc from the equation.

Im guessing it will all come down to low dmg bolts, dds and debuffs etc.

Something not all that obvius but still useful for me as a pet class would be
pet spells, like the cabbys ability to heal his pet etc.

However they implement things the winners will be the ones who adapt first
and use their heads to utilize the new abilities to the max.

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
Well my staff is braking down so... Btw, didnt ToA release notes, state artyfacts as being "Indestructable" ???
Givf new better one :)

Haha, they got you there didnt they ;)

Mine is breaking as well :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Champion points are achieved through regular combat, so level 50 players have a new incentive to engage in PvE combat.

Ok so lets get this straight, 3 year old characters like mine who already have 10 balls of PvE exp over level 50 are going to have to start mob farming all over again to gain another 5 levels of a different name?

Well gee thankyou fucking mythic.

So its back to the old days of pbaoe groups in AC and with non group friendly classes like stealthers begging to be included.

DV farm anyone?

As for the champion weapons i'll wait and see the stats before I get excited, no doubt any pole versions will be shit again just like ml10's.

Regarding the abilities, personally I think most will be going for buff or heal spells, level 15-20 spells will get resisted alot, but being able to heal yourself as a soloer will be quite an advantage.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, maybe it is not baseline but I can see casters wanting necro powertap! :D

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
if it wasnt baseline would be kinda funny with a whole alb grp being able 2 summon theurg pets :D

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, with everyone talking about getting pet summoning, maybe this could be the way to solve mids problems in pve by giving them some low level pets?! ;)

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Champion points are achieved through regular combat, so level 50 players have a new incentive to engage in PvE combat.

Ok so lets get this straight, 3 year old characters like mine who already have 10 balls of PvE exp over level 50 are going to have to start mob farming all over again to gain another 5 levels of a different name?

Well gee thankyou fucking mythic.

So its back to the old days of pbaoe groups in AC and with non group friendly classes like stealthers begging to be included.

DV farm anyone?

As for the champion weapons i'll wait and see the stats before I get excited, no doubt any pole versions will be shit again just like ml10's.

Got to agree with you there Kagato, boy am I glad I can solo well.

But you are probably right about the weapons, maybe you will get a
crossbow with +11 pole in it ;)

But on the other hand, more HPs will probably benefit you as a tank more then me.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Exarkun said:
mythic always find a way to screw up :)

aka deliberate screw up so that we all continue to buy expansions in the hope that "they'll sort it out one day"...still waiting for even the most basic of class revamps tho...

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Considering all you need is MOF 4 to make a lvl 20 spell usable things
might get really nasty if everyone gets access to specline spells.

Everyone running around with castable stun, nearsight etc...

Luckily I dont think that will happen, on the other hand, I did not think the
warlock would happen either ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
speed and lifetap on eld please

ohyes ohyes ohyes ohyes ohyes ohyes ohyes ohyes

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Docs said:
Considering all you need is MOF 4 to make a lvl 20 spell usable things
might get really nasty if everyone gets access to specline spells.

Everyone running around with castable stun, nearsight etc...

Luckily I dont think that will happen, on the other hand, I did not think the
warlock would happen either ;)

lol mof4?

my disease is lvl 27 and sc debuff 28 (or other way around, whatever) and they dont get resisted very often at all. gg wasting 20 points on mof

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Baring in mind not everyone can access MOF to improve these 15-20 spells.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
clerics with theurg pets xD tanks with spells.. poor dh will have such a hardtime grappling! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom