Chain-Crashing...

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Constantly crashing out of game on login. Patcher crashes, username/password dialog box crashes, crashes at server selection etc.

Anyone else got this?

eksdee

FH is my second home
yep, one of our players (protector) is getting chain disconnects and crashes :(

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I got ingame after about 45 minutes of trying, then started having 30 seconds worth of lag at a time. Yet other websites loaded instantly, could download a test from my isp in great time etc.

Soon as i went to run tracer though it bloody stopped again. Anyone else think OT is doing it's usual shit again?

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
I've had quite a bit of lag in-game lately as well, spikes reminding me of the old OT spikes in DAoC. Outside of the game/other MMO's work all fine too.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I got ingame after about 45 minutes of trying, then started having 30 seconds worth of lag at a time. Yet other websites loaded instantly, could download a test from my isp in great time etc.

Soon as i went to run tracer though it bloody stopped again. Anyone else think OT is doing it's usual shit again?

I generally point in Auberville direction!!! :eek:

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Had it again last night - but admittedly not as bad or as long. Again annoyingly when i finally decided to run a trace it stopped!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
There would appear to have been 2 patches today. I find if I'm still playing while there has been a patch update I'll get bombed out of the game at random. I don't trust the coding in the client so I cold boot my machine.

I have found oftentimes that restarting the client doesn't make the game behave properly and that only restarting my PC works. So rather than mess around I just cold boot it. I've never been impressed with Mythic's client coding - a graceful exit to desktop would indicate they are using some kind of error trapping but this indicates a hacked piece of code that is shameful in this day and age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom