Chain-Crashing...

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by TheBinarySurfer, Mar 23, 2009.

1. TheBinarySurfer

TheBinarySurfer Can't get enough of FH

Constantly crashing out of game on login. Patcher crashes, username/password dialog box crashes, crashes at server selection etc.

Anyone else got this?

2. Salro

Salro Fledgling Freddie

I just have huge lag making it unplayable.

3. eksdee

eksdee FH is my second home

yep, one of our players (protector) is getting chain disconnects and crashes :(

4. TheBinarySurfer

I got ingame after about 45 minutes of trying, then started having 30 seconds worth of lag at a time. Yet other websites loaded instantly, could download a test from my isp in great time etc.

Soon as i went to run tracer though it bloody stopped again. Anyone else think OT is doing it's usual shit again?

5. Cirventhor

Cirventhor Can't get enough of FH

I've had quite a bit of lag in-game lately as well, spikes reminding me of the old OT spikes in DAoC. Outside of the game/other MMO's work all fine too.

6. Gahn

Gahn Resident Freddy

I generally point in Auberville direction!!! :eek:

7. TheBinarySurfer

Had it again last night - but admittedly not as bad or as long. Again annoyingly when i finally decided to run a trace it stopped!

8. Cadelin

Cadelin Part of the furniture

Run the trace all the time! Problem solved either way!

9. TheBinarySurfer

Should have thought of that aye - in my defense both times it happened around 7-8pm and i'd been up since 4am!

10. Cadelin

Cadelin Part of the furniture

7-8 pm is peak time, it could be your ISP that can't handle the load. Does your ISP throttle your connection at all? Do you have a download limit? What is your contention ratio?

11. Roo Stercogburn

Roo Stercogburn Resident Freddy

There would appear to have been 2 patches today. I find if I'm still playing while there has been a patch update I'll get bombed out of the game at random. I don't trust the coding in the client so I cold boot my machine.

I have found oftentimes that restarting the client doesn't make the game behave properly and that only restarting my PC works. So rather than mess around I just cold boot it. I've never been impressed with Mythic's client coding - a graceful exit to desktop would indicate they are using some kind of error trapping but this indicates a hacked piece of code that is shameful in this day and age.