[CF]'s llameness

E

ECA

I didnt use any of the cheats either
i only found out there were any untill about 10 hours after the patch was released when everyone was bitching.
Cheers
Gryff

O

old.Zenith

Quoting Fusion:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I personally dislike people whom taunt. If people taunt you its because they fear you and try to take a psychological advantage over you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So explain to me why a number of cF players use LocalTaunts? Sure it isn't in the global chat window, but it is still annoying when you get fragged and hear,
"Hehehe... Hehehe... Hehehe... I've had worse!"

Go on Fusion, deny it. I'm not accusing you personally, but some members of cF use this or similar scripts.

That is the ONLY negative thing I have to say about cF. They are all good players and I remember when a number of them played QW:TF on the Barrysworld servers under the tag G.(nick). They were class players for that game and they're still class players in Tribes.

Tribes playing bloke

O

old.zach

Sorry I thought this was the forum where people talked shit

I’d rather be a lama than a bitch

My bum is on your lips
My bum is on your lips
My bum is on your lips
And if im lucky u might give it a little kiss

Heavy hittas knocking shit out the park, u cant even play tribes tell me why did u start?

O

old.[cF]CeD

I use 5 modified files...
HH_Icon_Green.bmp;
HH_Icon_Red.bmp;
HJ_Icon_Green.bmp;
hudtrans.bmp;
mine.bmp (&lt;- was using now)

duh I'm a cheater!

O

old.Fusion

They probably do taunt...
but I can't remember who does.

I was referring to individuals who get personal with their comments, like saying 'you're shit' or whatever.

A lot taunting is just tongue in cheek stuff, not intended to be offensive. I think its important to clarify the difference between the two when referring to people whom allegedly taunt.

O

old.zach

Want a piece of -NeaRly-, come take a piece of –NeaRly- I don’t alias or give a fuck if some bitch taunts me.

-NeaRly- takes flags, bitches take notes – Ho where the fuk did he come from – ho fuk hes gone! And on and on

What u aliasing for bitch? I don’t what to rape ya

Biggie was the greatest by a fucking mile! And I4 roked

Let me get down
Let me get down
Let me get down
Let me get down

-NeaRly- (very very drunk)

Come on motherfuckers Come ON

Come on and this shit never ends

My tribing tactics r drastic, stretching muthafukas like mr fantastic.

Ill say it again cause its worth repeating ,Playa H8tas can suk my c0cK

O

old.shonk

well in that case i have never said your shit or anything like that

im not a kiddie there is allways someone better than you no matter how good you are
and its plain not nice to say nasty comments like that anyway

O

old.shonk

nearly what the fuck are you on about

personally i dont realy know how good or crap you are but even if i couldnt kill you
which i suspect i could
someone else would

and anyway its a team game not fucking quake

if u wana just run around killing people go play ut or quake

O

old.Fusion

Insulting someones ability isn't nice Shonk, but neither is coming onto a public messageboard and insulting an entire clan for a pathetic reason.

The hostile reception you're getting is nothing less then you deserve.

I still suggest you ought to come onto our IRC channel

O

old.shonk

ced i wasnt personally having a go at you
i just mentioned it

my main problem is with the team changing lark latley

O

old.Kalma

I used play on BWTF with [WK] tag. There I recruited Orox, and so on... =O]

Originally posted by Zenith:
That is the ONLY negative thing I have to say about cF. They are all good players and I remember when a number of them played QW:TF on the Barrysworld servers under the tag G.(nick). They were class players for that game and they're still class players in Tribes.

O

old.nico

erm... I don't understand what's the problem : I'm a french player. I'm french, so I'm arrogant. That's why I use the autotaunt script. It's logical.

I didn't know that my autotaunt script was so annoying. Maybe it's because you hear it too often (remember : I'm french =&gt; I'm arrogant). Anyway, I will remove it.
--
niCO

Btw, we are back from the i4 where I tried to use my autotaunt script in real life. I'm writing this post from my hospital bed.

O

old.Ego

Hmmm, interesting thread. While i agree that swapping teams to play with your clan mates is lame i applaud cF for not aliasing as i dare say many clan players alias and play with their team mates without anyone knowing.

I tend not to play that many public games anymore, and would rather hang around in irc on the euro channels hoping to pick up a quality mixed scrim. On these games I have ALLWAYS found cF players eager to make sure teams are even. I can't really comment on shonk's game as i wasn't there but there must have been a very good reason why he swapped (maybe he recognised some aliases).

On the subject of "cheating", I admit i knew about redmines and chainspk.dts but never knew of happy flag, turret/imv skins or autobeacon till week patch came out. I think you have to accept that ANYTHING that gives a player or team an advantage is open to abuse, you just have to accept it or not play. It seems that unless your "in with the in-crowd" you'll never know about these "cheats". I am VERY agreived at the fact that England lost to an american team who MAY have been using these "cheats".

In closing, I hear nothing but people moaning about microsoft and windows and saying how much better Linux is so LETS GO OPEN SOURCE ON SCRIPTS! If you have it, release it and let the community decide wehter they want to use it or not!

O

old.shonk

im not trying to insult nearly he is the one
saying come on come on im hard as fuck ect

if he is good for him
but im hardly shaking in my boots

and my aim wasnt to insult cf as i said i actually like cf on the whole

i just wanted this teamchanging lark sorted out, i didnt see any point coming into irc to speak to cf about it kos of the initial responce i got from kalma ingame

and if u read the thread closley u will see its only cf slagging me off no other people
as they are all sick of it too

O

old.Kattanga

Yah step up yah get knocked out its no joke homes i write rhymes, drink beer, fight, smoke studs. Its what ah do its what ah need. Ill pop down a little sucka just to watch him bleed.
I aint a playa h8ta im a spectata, sick of finding rhymes with no flava!

O

old.Silver[CL]

you guys wanna shut the hell up... its a game...

nuff said.

O

old.[WTc]SIEFLY

Lo all

Nearly get some sleep man :)

Tribes = computer game - games = fun..

I4 rocked was fun.

5 WTc and 3 TCB players took on cF who was using hire computers uk keyboards no scipts etc and they wooped our asses 8 - 0.

They truly are a class team and great chaps too.
and even in default the game was great laugh with loads of taunts and banter and still managed to have a good laugh afterwards.

Thats what the game is about Get ya asses to i5 and enjoy the real fun of tribes..

Fussion - sorry ya couldnt make it..
Nearly you a class chap and was a pleasure to share your cap routes.

Thanx all i4 was brill i5 will be even better..

Sie

O

old.Shame

NeaRly, just needed to tell you that you were'nt improving the situation caused by shonk already.

(whtvr i know)

------------------
Shame of MnO
Http://www.clanworld.dk/mno/
I'm no friggin German.

O

old.Baldylocks

Well, I personally dont u taunt scripts, cos tbh, I dont feel the need to taunt ppl if i kill them. For me, if I kill someone, its a minor miracle :)

At i4, I was able to see Ced's ability with the CG close up, and it was scary to witness.

i4 : My thanks to Nearly for his patience in chatting to me, about capping routes, general tactics and technique. I even got the chance to run as a 2nd string capper with him, and it was enjoyable, and a learning experience (ps. lay off the shandys m8, not doing you much good :)) ...Fusion, shame u couldnt make it, would have been fun to see u in action (Hope u are feeling better!)

Due to the fact that the cF dudes didnt speak much English, I didnt really get a chance to meet them, also Sage did introduce himself, and give me a polite handshake. In the scrim against them, there defence of the flag (which I was trying to get :)) was very good...despite the fact we lost, it was fun to play.

As for aliasing, I personally do not do it on tribes...primarily for the reason, is that I am not good enough to be worth hunting. But on another game I played, I became a known name, and I was hunted rather badly. The only way I could play the game, and to be able to enjoy playing the game as intended, without being harrased was to play under an alias. So while I dont use aliases myself, I can understand why skilled, well known players do it.

I have respect for the cF players, and am happy to acknowledge this..the same goes for any other tribes.

But the prob with Public servers is that not every game that you play, will not always be to your liking. Its a fact of life, Im afraid. I personally get a little bored with ppl on the SB DS side, that spam towers with mortars all the time..and ppl who , when a non-std map appears, they vote it out in favour of DX, SB, IR, RC and SH...I personally like playing new maps...variety keeps my interest going.

Enough waffle for now.

Regards

Chadman

[This message has been edited by Baldylocks (edited 12 June 2000).]

O

old.shonk

anyway i got my point accross and anyone playing with the cf tag will most prob be self concious about making sure they dont team change to a strong team in the future

as i said i didnt mean for this to become a lets bash everyone thread

i just felt the need to air this publicly

i wish cf all the best in future matches

G

LONG LIVE FORUMS!
This thread has twisted and turned so much and I have gone from laughing to shouting 'fuckwit' at my monitor whilst reading it.
I'm currently not around much in Tribes/irc/etc due to some domestic shit I'm sorting out. I was pretty gutted not to be going to i4 as I particularly wanted to meet the guys from cF. I wont be there for i5 (hmm room full of sweaty quakers or 2 weeks in Rhodes then Egypt ;)) but I will be there for i6 - I cant wait :).
Anyway my thoughts count for shit as you all know but here goes :
Shonk - I have chatted to you a fair few times , you're a class player and a decent bloke.
cF - I first met cF last year and got to know the French guys a bit. All are/were extremely nice blokes - i knew them through their time with WK (of which I was a member for a bit). Pred, niCO, CeD et al i wish i'd met those of you who went to i4 :(. Thanks for scrimming CL in the early days of Chaos Legion guys. When cF recruited old Tomi (thats Kalma to you - I know you hate me saying your real name ;p) I was made up for him (he suffered a WK Tribes season with me ;) so paid his pennance hehe. As for Fusion/Nearly (I dont know Fireman) they a)speak their minds b)are willing to help others who play COMPUTER GAMES. I have this habit of sitting on the fence (its comfy you see) and they dont.
Aliases - I alias. I dont frequent pubby servers much as they infuriate me SO MUCH. Thats why I find the posts about them so funny. As I've said before use the UKTL servers to scrim on. When I alias I do it to a) be light-hearted b)Cos I'm probably drunk or in quiet mood and dont want to talk to anyone particularly.
However recently aliasing has gotten SO bad on servers its laughable. Every time I join a server I see LPB's wasting everything that moves and even if they AREN'T aliased players I am paranoid suspecting they are.
For the record here's some of mine -
Visit Filey (I love capping and then taunting 'Visit Filey For Family Fun!')
HeartOfSkegness (yes a theme here lol)
TheClockBarks2Me (Tick Woof!)
and finally I was [CL]Thumper for some time. I used Thumper as I was bored with my nick and also got sick and tired of people asking me about England games. Note I used the clan tag tho.
Anyway these aliases are clearly fun and it was nice to see people laughing when I was on some servers.
Here's my bone of contention through this thread and I'm suprised more people havent got onto it -
UKTL - I'm a UKTL admin as most of you probably know. Gryff - your comments are unwanted and xenophobic. I play in the ETL - I love it, I play in the UKTL - I love it too. THere are good Brit clans, there are good Euro clans - but Britain is in Europe and most 'Brit' clans have foreign players. CL have Norwegian and Dutch players besides a motley crew of UK peeps. I thought I'd heard the last of the 'ostrich' syndrome. You should welcome playing with new (to the UK) clans and new people - I've met a whole load of great (and a few not-so-great like in any scene lol) people and stuck my head out of the fucking UK server list. Our scene is NOT the most largest on planet Earth so dont force unneccessary borders on it. I could go on about Enoch Powell and rivers of blood but I will STFU :). Suffice to say - French/Dutch/luxembourg/Mars/Alpha Centauri I dont give a fuck where someone comes from.
Ok I'm back I guess hehe.
Heavy duelling tournament - still on Round 2 at the weekend peeps :) Check your mail.
Ok enjoy the footy and have a nice life
If any clan wants a scrim pop in #chaoslegion on irc.barrysworld.com (I'll be there from mid week or leave a message with one of the guys/gals).
/me waves at CL and pulls a moonie.

Xtro
CL UKTL Earth Milky Way Galaxy

O

old.Baldylocks

Cheers ru :)

RU...is...erm, ok nevermind :)

Chadman

O

old.[cl]sunsoar

xtro put that hairy arse of yours away and get back in yer gimp suit

p.s CL aint been the same with ya away who else am i gonna take the piss out of when im drunk, oh yeah sparky hes a lllaaamaaaa

anyway whats this thread about ? :)

O

old.zach

God I was suffering this morning :)

Right if u have a problem with a clan u can

a) talk to them on their irc channel
b) post on the message board on their web page
c) e-mail them

or u can have a go at them on a public messageboard like a complete muppet

Your choice

--

I4 was top (cost a fortune) will be going to 5 & 6, with a bit of luck t2 will be out for i6

O

old.Shelob

TheClockBarks2Me (Tick Woof!)

So thats u Xtro, I've been on with Mr.Tick woof!, cracked me up, if you hadn't aliased I would have enjoyed that particular game less.

G

&gt;&gt;Btw, we are back from the i4 where I tried to use my autotaunt script in real life. I'm writing this post from my hospital bed.

ROFLMAO...a classic!

O

old.Fusion

I'll be down I5 in a couple months time so I can get rat arsed with NeaRly this time and post lots of shit on this messageboard

Users who are viewing this thread