[CF]'s llameness

O

old.shonk

ok about 2 months ago i joined a server to find five cf players on one team in a pub server with just me and and one or two other playerz on my team rest newbies, after numbeous requests from me(and others) to get them to even it out kalma said we are llamas and im sure your a [cf]llama also(i was aliased).
anyway i just left it at that then about a hour later clanned players started to join the server and we started beating the almost full cf squad and supprise supprise they all droped.

anyway i was on a server just now and the teams where pretty even skill wise, 9 players my side 8 the other side
notably [UB]Thor,[CF]Orox,[Wtc]thebongod and 2 obviously aliased players on the other team,
my team -KT-Shonk,[CF]Kalma,Idman,
and guess what Kalma changed teams to totally put the skill levels out
i had a moan and left it at that,

a couple of maps later it was stone henge,
my base was camped nearly all match,
i finally managed to get theyr flag home but they had mine so i proceeded to fix the gen kit up fat and kill any incomming enemy
10 mins later after killing they to many times to count, [UB]thor said flags outside
there was no way i was going outside i woulda been chewed up in seconds by theyr team with no backup from my newbie team

i was open to a nice friendly duel to sort out the deadlock

anyway then a cf player moaned so i said im not going outside im llame(refering to what kalma said a while back) (btw they where inside with the flag also)

next thing i know [UB]Thor initiated a vote to kick me

with orox saying all vote yes

and i was kicked

i wait for the kick to expire rejoin guess what cf had changed teams to even it up but not just 1 of them but both.

from newbies i would expect behaviour like this but not from clanned playerz

Comments ect.

Appreciated

O

old.[WTc]Chase

"I joined a server to find five cf players on one team in a pub server with just me and and one or two other playerz on my team rest newbies"

I have found cF playing like this on public servers far too often.

"we started beating the almost full cf squad and supprise supprise they all droped."

That's just plain bad etiquette. I'd expect that from 12 year old boys but not cF.

"i was open to a nice friendly duel to sort out the deadlock"

"anyway then a cf player moaned so i said im not going outside im llame(refering to what kalma said a while back) (btw they where inside with the flag also)next thing i know [UB]Thor initiated a vote to kick me with orox saying all vote yes and i was kicked"

Let's get this straight they wanted to kick you because you were doing the same thing as their player and hiding in the base with the flag. With the teams this unbalanced it was unfair to ask you to keep the flag outside. That is not a rule of the game that should get you kicked anyway. Or was it just because that way they could completely overrun the other team and you were in the way of them massacaring the opposition?

"i wait for the kick to expire rejoin guess what cf had changed teams to even it up but not just 1 of them but both."

Here we have a first div team that obviously do not have the manners or netiquette to deserve their position.

O

old.Kalma

GO SHONK!

Just to get some facts straight...

I think playing "aliased" is lame. Even if they are my friends they can get called names for doing it :O) I just think it shouldn't be done.

You got my vote and Orox's on SH cause you insulted me earlyer. And I believe the server was almost full, so I guess some other people thought you should be kicked too (not just evil [cF]).

Your flag was held outside by Orox. I was doing HO ( crap as usual :O) ) No cF moaned about you holding flag indoors (Thor did).

If you have a problem with someone changing teams, you should not go "kalma u llama why did you change teams?". Ask politely with some respect and you might get a reply. (Why would I want to play in same team with someone who insults me?)

Later on CC I noticed an opportunity to even out teams (BWadmin only allows to change to a smaller team), but as you were on that other team I did not. You would probably have started shooting the nasty cF people in your own team, like you did a couple of days earlyer.

E

ECA

Having noticed [cf]kalma doing this on an SB map a while back i read this post with interest.
Insulting someone in your opinion is a reason to get a vote for kicking.
So if i call you a piece of shit for making the teams unbalanced skill wise but not number wise would i get kicked?
Why is playing aliased lame?
Surely if you have a friend or two round you dont want them playing with your nickname.
You comment about BW admin is unfounded as well.
if the teams are 6-7 playerwise you can change-thus rendering teams completely opposite skill wise if someone of notable ability changes.
Also we play in the UKTL-UNITED KINGDOM TRIBES LEAGUE-Its a UK league-why should we have to put up with a team of lpb's joining.
If we want to play cF and some other euro teams surely joining the ETL or MPTL would be the way to go.
Cheers
Gryff

E

ECA

O.K
For ruWANK
here goes
UKTL=UNITED KINGDOM Tribes League
its a league for UK Teams.
Change the name of the league if u want to appease me
change it to UKw/cfTL
:p
Of course invites are welcome
its just annoying getting in a server with class players who acts more like class lamers.
GRRRRR
Cheers
Gryff

O

old.BigBunny

Pubs are a hell. Yes, we should try our best to improve that, but there will always be newbies in your team. Playing on such a team will surely change your view on a game. Everyone has his own reasons for doing certain things and although it may be hard, we should always try and understand.

The UKTL is a league in which all UK teams can play. After all UK teams signed up, there will still be places left, preferably filled up by high quality foreign teams. Gryff, your comments on the UKTL come from a troubled view. Make the league so that all UK teams willing can play in it, then create divisions and try to get more teams involved to make the league more interesting and improve quality - that's how it is and should be done.

O

old.Sargon of MnO

I must protest. cF is clearly infringing on our position as the EVIL CLAN. Please cease this at once.

O

old.Kattanga

Allways a good time to blame MnO ;)
Seems the best games are around midnight for an hour or two. Even the aliases seem to want to play that that time :)
Now that yah got a cable modem shonk, when not play on 5150 servers and such, much better games and ull still get sub 100... :)

O

old.Zenith

Sargon,

Nice to see that someone hasn't lost their sense of humour! :)

Tribes playing bloke

O

old.Shelob

I've notice BW getting better lately, been some pretty good games from time to time.
I can't really understand people moaning about holding the flag indoors on SH though. A couple of heavy O should sort that out rather quickly, its not like iceridge where the bases are further away, have only one entrance, a long thin tunnel to a less spammable room, where enemies respawn.

O

old.Shame

This will hopefully be one of my very long, and nonesenseical posts, so brace yourselves.

Part I: Old school.
When MnO, in the mid-ETL1 started using BattleCommander, we often enjoyed a good match on a public server, where we could practice various types of O\D.

And to do just that, we had to be on the same team. Now, since MnO won ETL1 rather flawlessly (still, nice going in the finals cF), there was some bitching and moaning when some high pinger saw 4 sorta-lpb MnO's on the opposing team.

This often resulted in us getting spammed for not changing teams, or just the classic "No skill, All ping.. sore loosing biatches".

This, at some point which I cant really remember, caused us to create a faker clan (one out of many in the times to come).
Where we would be allowed to play each other on the public servers, and not get headhunted by fortune runners and other leymohrz (ya screw the game for the other peeps ffs).

After ETL1 was over, and we had the Christmas break, we didnt see any purpose in faking anymore since most of the scene was sort of dead. A lot of MnO's began reappearing on the public servers and all was happy.

Part II: The bitching\moaning.
When people join a FFA server these days, it is usually as a LPB with a completely unknown name (I myself have done it plenty of times, depending on how long it has been since I last played a game).
Some of these, drunk or not, find it hard to take the game seriously, not that it _should_ be taken seriously, but you still need to respect the other guys youre playing with\against.

Some even find it amusing to run around the map, destroying inventories (friendly ones that is) and setting up spawn mines (friendly ones also).

I find this sort of behaviour totally unacceptable and if there ever was an admin on a BW server (ever?) they should log the IP and throw it into the friggin banlist.cfg.

Part III: The 0wnage.
Whining. Oh, the whining. Now, p.t. I only play duels. Opasia Duel Server 1 is roughly 5-10 hubs away from me, all with a killah connection. This leaves me with ping 10-20, and this leaves me with the opportunity to aim and dodge the opponent into utter hell.

Although I might find it amusing to chain someone from the start to the end, they often find it irritating and begin to complain. At some point I get tired of the "ping 15 chain, wtf? I have ping 140 you moron!"'s, so I have to switch to the ELF, and wtf?

If people cannot handle the ping differences, they can either stop accepting the duels, or just quit online gaming. Cause as long as there will be online gaming, there will always be someone with a better connection\ping\hardware than the other guy, but that does not give the slowass doode the right to bitch up. Its not the winning guys fault that the other guy cant afford a 1mbit? (I happen to play from one).

Part IV: About the post :p.
cF are quite a cool bunch of blokes. But I have to say, that there are some that I respect more than others (ye, you can ask 'who?' if you want.)

Everyone who has ever played on a BW server has to admit that it is more fun to be on the winning team. There is nothing as irritating to start on the server with a busted base and 4 HVY O BT on RD (I think most will agree with me on this).

When I join a public, it is usually to check if I still have the stuff to perform my elite-azz-cap-rootz, or just my all-deztroyin'-HVY-O-mortar-madness-aim. If the people doesnt like the teams, if they are.. say, 1-3 less on the one team, I dont really care. I do not see it as my problem as I came to play. And I don't think I have ever had a good clean fight on BW, so why should yours be any different shonk?

About the flags being outside, no.. I do not think its a cool thing to do, but tacticly speaking, it would be alright to lose a flag if you were ahead by say, 1 or 2.
(and how did you know their flagcarrier was inside if you had to stay inside your own base in order not to get killed ? :p)

That you got kicked was unfortunate, and maybe even lame, but Thor- has not proven to me that often that he can make a rational decision.

As for unbalanced teams, skillwise, well.. I cant really say I have much respect for the publics. Anyone can join, at any time, place himself on any team, and win the match if he understands the game just a little bit.

----
K, that was it. I got, history, opinion and a little about the post.. this is good.

------------------
Shame of MnO
Http://www.clanworld.dk/mno/
I'm no friggin German.

O

old.shonk

as far as ping goes i have never moaned about cf's ping even when i was hpw
and im not being big headed or anything as there are a lot of better players than me but
i can hold my own against any cf player

what graffinder said about cf playing uk scene i dont aggree with, the more the merrier

if kalma spawned on that team thats fine but when he deliberatley team changes its a bit llame and im not affraid to say so

in general i have respect for cf but my opinion of them is going down hill latley from theyr behaviour on public games

O

old.orox

just a word : LOL

What happens Shonk ? Could you explain me why you seem to lead a "Vendetta" against cF :
Is it because someone refused you to join cF ?
Is it because we dont answer to your insulting taunts each time you hit a cF player ?
Did cF stole the Jewels of the Crown ? didnt we Gryff ?

Maybe should I follow you on the way of tk-ing ( lol, I already forgot last week game when you were sniping me as I was in your team ... thanks for reminding me who you really are ).
Seriously, do you persist to think cF players are using aimbots like you publicaly said yesterday (rotfmao ... if you can proove that, I'll give you my personnal tweaked aimbot stolen from an MnO HD :)?

Concerning your yesterday's kick, I think it was more a joke than anything else, and you can ask an admin to edit the server log ( maybe this could prevent you in the future to re-write "history" so that it serves your own dark goals ).

Now, a word concerning aliased players : I can understand people playing under alias to avoid being harrassed by people like you ( taunting bitches ), who are always fast to say "whaooo, we beat an almost full cF squad on a pub with my aliased mates ... I own, you suck" . Nowodays some of of aliased players are well known and respected for their skill /teamplay /behavior, and I always join bw if there is a free spot when they are playing (galadriel, MadMartigan ...). Maybe you are one of those players : good ... in this case, keep this nickname and behave nicely on pubs. Get rid of your badly tweaked script which insults players when they try to even the teams up. Type less taunts and you prolly wont need any aimbot :p

orox

PS : I still hope we can put the responsability of this weird episode on the fact that everybody was tired at this early hour.
PSS : ask poker to write a modified version of bwadmin to even the teams between clanned players, newbies, well known aliased players, aimbots, cats and dogs.

O

old.Kattanga

Touch me in that spot baby! Mmmmmm! Like the old times baby YEAH! Oooh me sooo horny!
Genesis Chaper 5 Verse 1

O

old.shonk

ok answers to orox's questions

1 I have no vendeta against cf i actually quite like them apart from the team changing shit latley

2 I have never asked to join cf

3 I sometimes say missed me when im running with the flag big deal a lot of people do

3a last night i just thaught i would make a point after the kick and go ld on raindance
and kill me some cf in big numbers and yes i did run over the body of every cf corpse that i killed
and say howd that feel(vav) , basicly just to wind you up like u had done to me by kicking me.

4 no comment

5 i didnt actually tk anyone
i have never bothered in the past using a sniper rifle, so im totally new to it and i decided to learn it and a couple of times i have aimed at very distant friendlies just to get some aim praccy not expecting to hit anything and it seems latley i am hitting targets alot so for that im sorry and i wont be doing it again.

6 im not rewriteing the history thats how it happened

7 i dont harass players i just state my view on players that are being a bit unfair

8 yes i aggree on my teamchanger script it is a bit fucked it seems it dont work like it should i have been meening to remove it
anyway its done now, i just chucked it in about 2 or 3 weeks ago to give it a go and havnt got around to removeing it

9 yes i have no problem putting it behind me
all i ask is that cf give a bit of consideration and not teamchange to be with your mates when the other team hasnt got many clanned players

10 on canyon crusade i said whats a matter your aim script broken in jest as 3 snipes where aimed at me nearly the same time.
(it was just a joke)
yes we all know cf used chaingun scripts before the tribes patch but tbh it never woried me that much anyway (dont try to deny it look at ced's cg since the patch for example)

O

old.Kattanga

on another note, ive seen many cF players use the auto taunt script (its where i got mine from) six of one half a dozen of the other?

O

old.Fusion

I really wish people would keep personal vendettas of public messageboards. If you have a problem with cF then it would have been far more appropriate to come onto our IRC channel and dicuss things with us. At the end of the day bringing personal matters onto a public messageboard is nothing short of shit stiring designed to influence people's opinions on cF, which is rather pathetic.

I personally dislike people whom taunt. If people taunt you its because they fear you and try to take a psychological advantage over you. I'd appreciate it if kattanga would make an effort to name which cF players use taunts because I can't think of one. As you have just accused someone in cF of taunting I'd think you could at least find the balls to name who it is, otherwise I just regard your comments as being made up.

Baron's comments are rather feeble. There are numerous UK teams in the UKTL who have a foreign element, infact I was involved in one myself. Bloodlust, UKTL2 champions, we had a very talented foreign player (currently plays for 10MV) who helped us win that title which his brilliant tactics. So would you deny all so called 'UK teams' the right to participate in the UKTL purely because of a few non UK players? I think not. Therefore I see no reason to be opposed to a side such as cF which is largely French based, although we have 3 UK players, me, my brother NeaRly and FireMAN, and Kalma is not french either.

So we have just about as much right to participate in the UKTL as anyone else. Besides, I'd much rather have as many decent foreign teams involved in the UKTL as possible, if the best teams in america wanted to play in the UKTL (not going to happen) I'd say yes to it, at the end of the day sod this 'UK' nonsense and just let anyone in without prejudice. Its not like you can regulate who is from the UK or not and the more challenge the better.

O

old.Fusion

oh, and as for Ced's chaingunning.
What are you talking about?

I personally regard him as the best light defender in Europe, he has excellent chaingun aim so I can't see how you can say his aim is worse since the patch based on all of 5 seconds of observations, so you've basically just called him a cheat...

pathetic

O

old.shonk

fusion m8
yes basicly i am i was actually given the scripts a while ago and its a well known fact within the scene that cf used cg cheats

but i never said anything publicly about it
as its a bit pointless

and tbh i like ced

O

old.ruWank

Well cF used to use a tauntscript, i'd know of course cuz I've witnessed them in some UKTL games back in the days of D A N Z E ! :)

It's kewl, CeD's script actually, he was kind enuff to gimmy it a while back and I modified it to do what I wanted as I really like taunts - although no disrespect to anyone I kill (3 taunts can be annoying, hehe :).

I'd also like to say I couldn't agree more with Fusion about the status of foreign teams in the UKTL. I'm stopping there however as I know i'll start flaming about something ;)

[This message has been edited by ruWank (edited 10 June 2000).]

O

old.Fusion

Most people probably used chaingun.spk and things like red mines prior to the patch

So this is hardly a cF only issue and therefore not one worth raising.

O

old.KaTaR

I admit it, I had used the red mines. I think we all did.

But I can say for sure that KT never, at any time, used the chaingun thing. For 1 of 2 reasons.

1) It seemed like over doing it a bit too much - stepping over the line between customizing and cheating.

2) Our guys decided that time was better spent playing AC than figuring out how to implement the cheat. Unlike the red mine thing (which only invovled inserting a simple JPG file)there was apparently alot more involved, like altering the weapons animations of the game - again which seemed like crossing the line.

Im personally surprised to hear clans candidly admitting they used this cheat. I guess its because im here in New York that I dont keep with all the chit chat going on but I honestly thought that this chaingun fix was nothing but a rumor to explain why some clans seemed to be better chaingunners.

Im disapointed to say the least.

I dont want to portray myself as holier than thou, I did use the mine skin. But I have never seen mines single-handedly change the outcome of a game, or really even become a factor. The chainguns on the otherhand, well I know they made a huge difference.

If anybody played Diablo (the first one) you know what happens when this sort of behavior becomes acceptable.

KaTaR

O

old.Kattanga

I dont have a vendetta against cF or anything of such childishness. I have a high opinion of many cF players but to set the record straight, i have been on pubbies and have witnessed nico use the auto taunt script. Im also quite sure its on the HH cF demo on Stone. You can regard my comments any way you like, you can shove them up ur own arse hole for all i care.
Regards

O

old.taBOOO

'I admit it, I had used the red mines. I think we all did.' <-- don't judge other ppl on your ideals, not everyone cheats, though it seems most have.

ben. (xtra ooo cos i forgot me pw again)

O

old.shonk

i used the coloured mines and turrets
but thats as far as i went i didnt use the tracer fire dts or the spluttering chaingun

S

Siven

ooooh its changed to a confessions page now :)

Well i must confess......i didnt use any cheats :p

lets see how many others can say that :)

O

old.zach

Come on motherfuckers Come ON

-NeaRly- Ownz
-NeaRly- Ownz